Subscribe Today

T-Boned A Corvette Today

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

T-Boned A Corvette Today

Postby treewhacker » September 14th, 2005, 2:13 pm

5 lane road on the way home from work. The light had turned green my way and I was in the left going South doing 45 mph. The right lane was just starting to move and this lady was motioned from another vehicle on my right to pull out across in front so she could head North. Needless to say, she continued into my lane to get into the turn lane and merge into North bound traffic. I locked all 4 wheels and slid 100' and hit her behind the passenger door. Had I broke any later I would have hit her in the door. She was knocked out and slumped in her seat when I got out and opened her door. They carted her off in the ambulance. I'm just glad I reacted fast enough to prevent killing her. My old truck is totalled, maybe an excuse to get the new truck now. I hope the lady's injuries aren't too bad. I can't help but feel bad for her, even if it was her fault.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1278/a1ugly.jpg[/img]
treewhacker

T-Boned A Corvette Today

Postby Long time cat man » September 14th, 2005, 2:23 pm

That's always a bad situation when someone tries being the good samaritan and allows a driver to cut traffic, especially when ya don't know which lane they want to use. Wouldn't feel good putting the hurt on someone like that Bill...Hope she recovers alright and that you find yerself a new set of wheels.
Long time cat man

T-Boned A Corvette Today

Postby treewhacker » September 14th, 2005, 2:27 pm

Thanks John. It just put the cap on the day for me. I hope the lady has insurance.
treewhacker

T-Boned A Corvette Today

Postby Wheeler550 » September 14th, 2005, 2:33 pm

Thank god you where in a truck and not on a bike, that happened to poor ol' Dad.
Wheeler550

T-Boned A Corvette Today

Postby mbenoy119 » September 14th, 2005, 2:34 pm

Glad you're OK whacker! That's a bummer!
mbenoy119

T-Boned A Corvette Today

Postby nab4me » September 14th, 2005, 2:55 pm

ya what is with some people in the states (not meaning to put anyone down on here) but there just arent many people in canada without insurance but you see stuff about that all of the time in the states? is it just too expensive there or something?
nab4me

T-Boned A Corvette Today

Postby XCSPchick » September 14th, 2005, 3:04 pm

My insurance is $190/month now that I'm a part time student. It sucks but I know if I don't have it then something will happen. I do not want to have $30,000 in med bills like my brother does now.

Glad you're ok treewhacker, I bet the person that waved her on feels real bad right now!
God must love stupid people; He made so many.
XCSPchick

T-Boned A Corvette Today

Postby Wheeler550 » September 14th, 2005, 3:09 pm

In Canada it's a $5000 dollar fine (no more, no less) automaticly for no insurance, plus the "extra" charges, and what your sued for, and lawyers. The no insurance fine covers sleds too.
Wheeler550

T-Boned A Corvette Today

Postby treewhacker » September 14th, 2005, 3:12 pm

Thanks guys. Maybe I'll pick your brains for a little info her. I didn't realize it till I got home that I have a sore neck and shoulders. Maybe I should get some X-Rays tomorrow. Again, if she doesn't have insurance, I'll be paying out of pocket. If I have a neck injury, should I settle with her insurance for a sum, or leave it open? My daughter was in a collision a couple of years ago, the insurance of the people who rear ended her were quick to settle for 10'000, but now she still has pain.
treewhacker

T-Boned A Corvette Today

Postby XCSPchick » September 14th, 2005, 3:26 pm

Stupid me I thought you were talking about health insurance LOL. In NY you automatically lose your license if the car is not registered or insured.

Time value of money is your friend! Talk to a lawyer to see what you would want, if they want to settle then figure out what is worth more. It's kind of like the whole lotto thing, do I want the lump sum or 20 annual payments? Do you know what I mean?
God must love stupid people; He made so many.
XCSPchick

Next

Return to Trash Talkers