Subscribe Today

SKOL UCLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

SKOL UCLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby funkadelic101 » December 3rd, 2006, 6:11 am

Here's a cumulative list of ALL the teams that the BIG EAST has beaten outside of their own conference this year....

East Kentucky, Miami (OH), Akron, Kent, Temple, Miami, Kansas St., M. Tenn. St., South Florida, N. Carolina, Illinois, Ohio, Howard, Navy, Army, The Citadel, Marshall, East Washington, Maryland, E. Carolina, Miss. St., McNeese St., Florida International, Central Florida, Virginia, Toledo, Rhode Island, Indiana, Wyoming.......

Whoa geez!!! watch out for the Big East!!! That's quite a list... they should at least have 3 teams in the top 15 spots beatin mccheeseburger state an all.
Liberty without Virtue is Slavery to Vice
funkadelic101

SKOL UCLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby funkadelic101 » December 3rd, 2006, 6:20 am

The SEC as a conference has a total of 9 (NINE) losses to non conference teams, that's 12 teams with a combined total or 9 losses outside the SEC....

The big east has 8 teams with 8 non conference losses.
Liberty without Virtue is Slavery to Vice
funkadelic101

SKOL UCLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby kenlacy » December 3rd, 2006, 6:30 am

[quote=FiredUpRupp]Big East is much better. Anybody who caught the Rutgers vs. WV game last night can clearly see that.[/quote]

They could have likely both Beat Michigan, but beating USC is a different animal.

Seeing two mediocre teams play each other well - doesn't make them better :)
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

SKOL UCLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby snoxraceteam » December 3rd, 2006, 7:46 am

The coaches seem to be of the same opinion as Ken and have picked Florida, however

GO BLUE!
[b]"Never argue with an idiot - they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..." [/b]
snoxraceteam

SKOL UCLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby MachZE » December 3rd, 2006, 8:36 am

[quote=funkadelic101]FL has beaten TN, Kentucky, Alabama, LSU, Georgia, FL St., and Arkansas....

MI has beaten Notre Dame, WI, and Iowa?? Who else?? NW, Indiana, Ball St., Penn St., MN(haha)

If MI, then why not Wisconsin then?? Out of the four teams that both MI and WI played, WI beat the same opponent by more points than MI in 3 of 4.... MI beat MN 28-14, WI beat em 48-12, MI beat NW 17-3, WI won 41-9, MI beat IN 34-3, WI beat em 52-17..... BOTH teams have the same record...[/quote]Kentucky? not rated, Alabama? not rated, Georgia? not rated, Fl. State? You've got to be kidding me! Not rated. As for Wisconsin, Michigan beat them, period.
MachZE

SKOL UCLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby FiredUpRupp » December 3rd, 2006, 8:37 am

Florida deserved it in the end. Nobody else stepped up. Besides the SEC there was no power conference.

Funk scheduling is setup years in advance. There are several teams that you posted that have been in the top 25 as early as last year. I would take Louisville or WV against any team in the nation except Ohio State.
FiredUpRupp

SKOL UCLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby kenlacy » December 3rd, 2006, 8:41 am

Difference Erick - Alabama, Georgia, and FSU - are known to be good teams most years - however, NWstern, Indiana, Ball State and MN - have rarely ever been known to have good teams - meaning the recruiting is weaker and the general level of play is weaker. A mediocre team in the SEC would give Michigan or Ohio State a good came - the same can't be said for mediocre teams from the Big 10 vs top teams in the SEC.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

SKOL UCLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby MachZE » December 3rd, 2006, 8:47 am

[quote=kenlacy]Difference Erick - Alabama, Georgia, and FSU - are known to be good teams most years - however, NWstern, Indiana, Ball State and MN - have rarely ever been known to have good teams - meaning the recruiting is weaker and the general level of play is weaker. A mediocre team in the SEC would give Michigan or Ohio State a good came - the same can't be said for mediocre teams from the Big 10 vs top teams in the SEC.[/quote] Historically Penn State and Iowa have been good teams too Ken. Michigan beat #2 Notre Dame in South Bend and killed them. Then Michigan beat a quality Wisconsin team, which has been a team to be reckoned with since Barry Alvarez took them over. While I agree that the SEC is tough, I see not much difference between the 2 conferences in toughness or the ability to get beat on any given saturday. Michigan took care of business with the exception of losing to #1 and because they don't get to play 2 more games to improve their face value, will get screwed out of the title game.
MachZE

SKOL UCLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby FiredUpRupp » December 3rd, 2006, 8:49 am

[quote=MachZE] Then Michigan beat a quality Wisconsin team, which has been a team to be reckoned with since Barry Alvarez took them over. [/quote]

Alvarez shoulda coached them this year. Than Michigan would have 2 losses!
FiredUpRupp

SKOL UCLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby MachZE » December 3rd, 2006, 8:54 am

Rupper, he was a good coach. That new one is going to be a good one too. Look at what he's done with them this year, amazing.
MachZE

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers