Subscribe Today

BCS...... Instill a Playoff?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby die_hard_catrider05 » December 4th, 2006, 3:40 am

I think they should, for years now the BCS has been favoring some school's over other's. The crybaby bytch of a coach out of Florida whined all season that they wouldn't get a shot and claimed he was gonna raise a fuss if they didn't.... well looky here, BCS comes thru for him. Florida IS NOT deserving of the Title game, they lost to a #11 i believe ranked team, where Michigan only lost once, to the #1 team, by 3 points ON THE ROAD! Ohio state's stadium is ranked as the second hardest stadium to play a game in... total BS if you ask me.

College football's bowl selections are not fair by any means... instill a damn playoff... if ya lose, your out. No fvckin whinin from a punk ass first year coach
[IMG]http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5261/catboy22ql.jpg[/IMG]
[green]Arctic Cat- On the gas and kickin ass[/green]

[green]Shoot-Out racing[/green]
die_hard_catrider05

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » December 4th, 2006, 3:54 am

Its all a bunch of BS Michigan got screwed and they need a playoff system so bad its not funny the BCS = bullchit conference series has been the biggest joke since they started it.
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

Postby JohnPrusak » December 4th, 2006, 4:05 am

All I know is that my alma mater, the University of Wisconsin, is getting screwed -- ranked fifth or sixth or seventh in the country, depending on the poll, and they are left out of the BCS bowl games. Meanwhile, Notre Dame (11 in the BCS), Boise State (8), Oklahoma (10) and freakin' Wake Forest (14th in the BCS) get in the big money games. The original concept was supposed to be the top 10 teams get features in the big four games, but No. 7 (Wisconsin) and No. 9 (Auburn) aren't invited to the party.
JohnPrusak
Snow Goer Staff

Postby die_hard_catrider05 » December 4th, 2006, 4:13 am

I agree, and like I said, BCS favors some school's over other's. Its a complete joke
[IMG]http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5261/catboy22ql.jpg[/IMG]
[green]Arctic Cat- On the gas and kickin ass[/green]

[green]Shoot-Out racing[/green]
die_hard_catrider05

Postby FiredUpRupp » December 4th, 2006, 4:13 am

It's cause of contracts and of course money. Notre Dame is a huge draw, Oklahoma won the big 12, Wake Forest the ACC, and Boise State is the undefeated West Coast darling.

If Wisconsin woulda stepped up and beat Michigan than maybe the would of deserved it.
FiredUpRupp

Postby kenlacy » December 4th, 2006, 4:42 am

First - Prusak stop cryin ya little baby - you know Scony is ranked higher than they deserve. And 10 teams can't play in 4 games unless there is a new 3-way man bash I haven't heard about, and that's impossible cause OTF7 would have been braggin about it on here at some point. Scony and Auburn were both 3rd in their divisions so they shouldn't be featured.

Diehard - had Michigan been higher on The Coaches Poll - The Coaches Poll - where the coaches vote - they would have gone - they were 2 weeks ago - they are not now.

And the BCS does not favor a school - the BCS is based off of other separate polls and there own calculations which do not look at any school different than another.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby JohnPrusak » December 4th, 2006, 7:24 am

Aw, c'mon Ken -- quite being such an apologist. To paraphrase Denny, "The Irish is who we THOUGHT they were... and now we're letting them off the hook!"
JohnPrusak
Snow Goer Staff

Postby kenlacy » December 4th, 2006, 7:28 am

No apologist - the BCS is what we thought it was! It still sucks and we need a playoff system so all these panzy big 10 fans can understand why they lose more bowl games over the last 5 years than they have won. :)

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby MM700 » December 4th, 2006, 8:31 am

[quote=kenlacy]No apologist - the BCS is what we thought it was! It still sucks and we need a playoff system so all these panzy big 10 fans can understand why they lose more bowl games over the last 5 years than they have won. :)[/quote]

Ken the big ten did pretty well last year...at least scony whipped a "so called" tough Auburn team last year...florida doesn't belong in the championship...all of those southern teams are over rated...just like texas was earlier this season.

Tell me again why notre dame got the sugar bowl over wisconsin???

I hope Ohio St spanks Florida by 40 pts, and Michigan hammers usc..it'll maybe open some eyes, and shut up all those espn know it alls out there.
MM700

Postby kenlacy » December 4th, 2006, 9:01 am

MM - last year's Bowl Results

Wisconsin Beat Auburn

Ohio State Beat Notre Dame

Penn State ranked 3rd in the Country needed 3 OT's to beat 23rd ranked FSU.

Michigan Lost to Nebraska

Northwester Lost to UCLA

Minnesota Lost to Virginia

Iowa Lost to Florida

I guess if you consider 3-4 - a losing record - doing pretty well - then I guess your right!! LMAO!

Notre Dame got the Sugar Bowl because they are not 3rd in their conferene - they were the best of the Independants - which doesn't mean a lot - but they weren't 3rd.

Also - Notre Dame had a much tougher Schedule - Wisconsin played 4 teams all year with winning records - Notre Dame played 7 - Notre Dame Schedule themselves tough from the start - playing against 2 ranked teams in the first 3 games - Scony played powder puffs the first 3 barely beating San Diego State in one of them.

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Next

Return to Trash Talkers