Subscribe Today

Sled Weights (wet)

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Sled Weights (wet)

Postby MM700 » February 28th, 2007, 5:42 am

[quote=Xtreme XC][quote=MM700]
....Xtreme..open your eyes..it wasn't yamaha that weighed the sleds..again..it was nielson's (a dealer that sells all four brands)doing it for max sled...so wtf are you talking about "yamaha hype[/quote]

Here's ya go MM, from Maxsled....

"....We were [b]TOLD[/b] that this sled comes in at only about 10 lbs. heavier than the Phazer, WET. Our Ultimate Sled Weight Challenge revealed that the Phazer weighs about 550 lbs. full of fuel and ready to rock. This puts the FX Nytro at about 560 lbs. trail-ready"....

LMAO, "Told" by Yamaha

wait until production release MM, you WILL be eating crow![/quote]

Weren't you the one braggin about the FSTurd being lighter and faster than an Apex??? how's that crow taste xtreme??..just wondering...if I might be eatin it next fall, I want to know if I need salt???
MM700

Sled Weights (wet)

Postby mach1mikeM1M » February 28th, 2007, 5:45 am

Rick,Buddy just made a comment about waiting to see what the production weights are compared to what Ski doo's claimed weight on thier proto type is.
mach1mikeM1M

Sled Weights (wet)

Postby MM700 » February 28th, 2007, 5:50 am

Mike...even if the nytro gains a pound or two over the summer...wouldn't you say it's still very impressive how yamaha continues to lighten these four strokes every year..to the point where they are slowly class competitive inw eight, and HP??? The new doo is impressive...even if that sled gained 20 lbs..it would still be impressive.
MM700

Sled Weights (wet)

Postby RATMOTOR » February 28th, 2007, 5:52 am

[quote=mach1mikeM1M]Rick,Buddy just made a comment about waiting to see what the production weights are compared to what Ski doo's claimed weight on thier proto type is.[/quote]

Mach 1 Mom lol
Oil would be cheaper if the greenies stopped using it.
RATMOTOR

Sled Weights (wet)

Postby Icehole » February 28th, 2007, 6:08 am

MM, curious has ta how long yer willin to wait on Yam 4st's to become equal in weight to the 2's and class competitive?......and why do you need others to think Yam's incremental progress is impressive?.....sometimes yer blowin the yam trumpet and makin claims that Yam already is top dog in yer opinion then get upset when most disagree ...and sometimes yer a little more realistic in yer Yam flag wavin and admit like in yer post above that Yam is slowly makin strides to be a competitive unit......from day one since the pos rx came out there was a lot of us that thought it was a good concept and as soon has Yam got em right, got em light and engineered some dependability into the rest of the sled we'd be gettin us one.......we're still waitin ....I'll try the 08's and be watchin if they hold up next yr, although they still look ta be another 2-3 yrs out
Icehole

Sled Weights (wet)

Postby Xtreme XC » February 28th, 2007, 7:04 am

[quote=Rick27]So XC, What about new DOO's clamed 50 lb weight reduction. Wait and see right, or just another lie?[/quote]

Rick Rick Rick... reread my post...

...."MM, I don't care who weighed it, it was a preproduction model. The weight is about as insignificant at this point in time as the '03 F-cat was at initial release (435 lbs). Same with the new Doo. Wait for production models in the fall."....

I noted Doo's as well.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Sled Weights (wet)

Postby Xtreme XC » February 28th, 2007, 7:17 am

[quote=MM700]
Weren't you the one braggin about the FSTurd being lighter and faster than an Apex??? how's that crow taste xtreme??..just wondering...if I might be eatin it next fall, I want to know if I need salt???[/quote]
Never said anyting about the FST being lighter or faster. Only said that I wouldn't be suprised if it hung with the Apex. There were some FST guys saying the FST run a bit harder than the Dragon, and I can stay right with a Apex with similar weight rider in the snow.

Check out these posts from HCS, sounds like the FST's are able to hang with or outshine the Apex.

"I ride with an Apex sometimes. On a short lake ( 1 mile give or take) the FST wins everytime. On a long run 2+ miles they can catch up. All the rest of our riding, trails, roads etc. the Apex can't keep up. "

"When racing with the Apex's we top out about the same speed but im reading ~112 mph and they are up around ~120 mph. "

"We run side by side real close who ever gets out front first stays"

"Just returned from a trip to the U.P. and was riding with a 06 Apex GT, my 06 FST Switchback will out run it in a drag race and on top end in snow"

"A buddy here with an 07 Attack and I had a little heat on some hard pack.
We didnt have a lot of room this day but both machines stayed exactly neck in neck up to about 90MPH whwere we both had to shut them down or hit a road bank."

"We own a 06 FST and a 06 Yamaha.
The FST is by far the better riding and handling sled.
The Yamaha eats up belts. The FST not
The Yamaha eats up hifax. The FST not.
The Yamaha has been in 5 times for warranty work. So has the FST."
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Sled Weights (wet)

Postby MM700 » February 28th, 2007, 7:37 am

Come on xtreme..the same thing you trash me about "being smurfish or "yamaha loyal"...is the same******you do with polaris...you can't chastise me for grabbing positive stuff about yamahas from other websites...and then do the same yourself with polaris'.....and I have ridden both the apex, and an fst..The yami speedos maybe off...but there is no way in hell an fst runs with an apex. Not stock anyway...the fst was a pooch compared to the apex.
MM700

Sled Weights (wet)

Postby Luv2sled » February 28th, 2007, 7:40 am

Did Polaris even sell an FST last year? Jus askin
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Sled Weights (wet)

Postby deadsled » February 28th, 2007, 7:46 am

The people I have talked to said it handles great, is fast, but they are afraid to buy one because of how complex the motor is, and the cost of replacing engine/turbo components. One guy bought a yamaha instead, the other bought a leftover 600 fusion. Also pretty expensive compared to polaris two strokes. You have to drive them a long time to save it back in gas.
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers