Subscribe Today

give me twenty good reasons

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby deadsled » February 27th, 2007, 2:40 am

Amen to rear exhaust being nasty if trying to lift the back end. My dad's venture builds up a big block of ice back their on the grab-bar.
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

Postby deadsled » February 27th, 2007, 2:41 am

And yes, you can feel the weight. I needed a block and tackle to lift the back end enough to check the track tension. I have no idea what I will do if he ever get's it stuck. The ride is pretty good though. Much better than the fusion. Could be the long track advantage though.
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

Postby Pol-Cat » February 27th, 2007, 4:54 am

#1- I like to ride fast in bumpy conditions
#2- Corey Davidson can't win on his in those conditions
#3- I like to ride, not get towed along w/ a broken rear skid
#4- Having your spindles snap in half isn't good
#5- Shock fade make's a terrible handling sled even worse
#6- They look good, but you can't judge a book by the cover
#7- You look like a jack azz bragging about your 1000 beating a 600
#8- It usually doesn't beat the 600 anyway
#9- I'm 6'4" not 5'4"
#10- Royal purple is $6 a quart
#11- 2stroke oil can be had for $8 a gallon
#12- I can clean my exhaust valves 6 times in 1 hour
#13- The sled has brakes, I don't need the engine to do it
#14- The extra $3,000 can be spent on my wife
#15- Your resale isn't better, you take it up the rear from day 1
#16- You all cursed 3 cylinders years ago, but now hump 4 cylinders
#17- I take name calling well, but SMURF is over the top
#18- I couldn't buy one, then lie that much about how good it is
#19- Davidson's contract w/ yammi ends next year- he can't wait
#20- Davidson has more DNF's in the last 2 years then all his years racing on AC and Pol combined. ----A few things a yamaha is goood for: bird watching, riding at the speed of a blind quadrapalegic, enjoy looking like the front half of a gay male couple, getting towed around alot, thinking it will make your little length of man muscle get bigger, scaring away good looking women, trying to keep you from staying rich, replacing your sherman tank, keeping the japanese economy growing, and having people make fun of you everywhere you go.
My vision is better then my hearing...shut up and show me something.
Pol-Cat

Postby Icehole » February 27th, 2007, 5:17 am

lol.....

Davidson was heard sayin that yam would havta triple the money to get him to suffer that much humiliation again
Icehole

Postby FirstTimeCatMan » February 27th, 2007, 5:18 am

[quote=yammrhammr]maybe should have asked for 30 reasons.[/quote]

LOL
Yamaha sleds, the biggest black eye to carry the Yam badge in Corp history.
FirstTimeCatMan

Postby BigDXLT » February 27th, 2007, 7:13 am

[quote=FIB]BigD...... On our most recent "T" ride, I could have easily skipped gas stops. I would put in a couple gal., just because I had no idea when we would hit another gas stop. But, My heavy RX-1 haulling my heavy azz could have EASILY gotten by with the 7.5gal. tank and not even been close to empty.

Its a NON issue except for the chicken little croud.

(on thursday, we had a POL and a CAT run out of gas)[/quote]

When you ride out in the mountains with the closest gas station 150 miles by truck in the direction you ain't going on the sled, every bit counts. Sometimes we [i]have[/i] to pack gas, even those who get great mileage. Which, based on the Rx1 I've ridden with, is still about the same as my XLT. (Better than the big twins mind you, but it's not overly amazing by any means.)

I think the [i]only[/i] reason they did that was for the Supertrax wet weights. That small tank negates any advantage the four stroke's providing. I simply prefer to have my fuel up front than out back on the tunnel extention.

That's just me though.
BigDXLT

Postby mach1mikeM1M » February 27th, 2007, 7:15 am

Nicely said Polcat!
mach1mikeM1M

Postby Icehole » February 27th, 2007, 7:23 am

I think yam did a study and found that smurfs rarely need more than 7.5 gals BigD....the responses here show it...Range has no bearin on their ridin style of 10 mile runs then gettin off and switch, all beggin each other ta try their special Yam...they do that fer a few times than ride back the 30 miles to have lunch and compliment each other's units
Icehole

Postby BigDXLT » February 27th, 2007, 7:24 am

lol ice!

[quote=raisinL]Big D comparing this to a new apex kinda like comparin a 78 yugo to a 08 corvette the way I see it. BTW nice trailn arms LOL

[img]http://www.snowgoer.com/glb/cfb/memberphotos/21348/rig/mysled.jpg[/img][/quote]

Hey, they both got a feature I said I liked. When everyone else's running boards are packed full of snow and they gotta hammer it out, I flick some slush out and carry on. Running boards on my "yugo" are still straight too after all these years, them heat exchangers reinforce'em good.

And you wish you could find a sled that'd last as long as an XLT! (I wouldn't... having a motor that'd blow every couple years would give me an excuse to upgrade to a new sled every couple years. Damn reliable piece of rough riding crap...)
BigDXLT

Postby funkadelic101 » February 27th, 2007, 12:55 pm

#1. I don't have a wife to support me as I dump all my scratch into makin' the thing perform. ie, rear skids, turbo's, lightweight hoods, etc.

#2. My garage is fulla runnin' vehicles, I don't have enough room to string out all that do-dickery parts collage onto the garage floor after I fail attempting #1.

#3. I don't spend much time typin' defensive words when discussin my POS old a$$ed sleds, I just ask for a hands on demo about what makes yours so much better. Recently I have run into Yam owners who don't oblige to the request, I just can't see myself riding a sled I won't back up with actual riding.

#4. The "race proving" that has been done by Yamaha isn't the type of riding I do. I do enough goin' around in circles at work.

#5. Two strokes CAN have a battery, the don't HAVE to have one though...

#6. The fit an finish is too outstanding for something I intend to cause damage to. My POS car would get a little insecure havin' somethin so damn shiny that close to it.

#7. I don't have a vagina.

#8. I'm not all that interested in a sled company that for many years has been different from others solely for that reason alone. Just a niche filler for a small market that has some people who think different for that sake alone must just plain be better. examples: TSS, it rules according to Yam ads, till they dropped it. 4 cyl 2 stroke motors, triples when everyone was twins, twins when everyone else was triples, no torsion rear skid instead goin' w/ pro-action, now mono, finally sneakin' in a cheap torsion under the radar w/ nearly zero emphasis from Yam on it. Yam has only been a sled market crack filler for decades.

#9. If new Yams are compared to last years models... and I discuss price, and a Yam persons response is wait a year to buy it at discount... why can't I just buy a year old sled from another manny today that is on that year old discount. Is waiting a part of potentially owning a Yamaha? Sounds great, wait a year....??

#10. If your argument against a person wanting electric push button reverse is "don't be a wimp, it's only a lever you pull" then your missing the point big time. Reference #2 for a run down of extra do-dicky a$$ed parts on a Yam that other sled mannies found a way around needing altogether.

#11. See above: Missing technical points is common amongst Yam owners. The old age question.... chicken/egg: which came first pops to mind here. Were yam owners clueless before or after they bought the yam. Either way not owning one kinda puts you in the clear on both sides.

#12. See above: If seeing all sorts of extra shyt on a machine that you can't really make any sense of as to why it is there, and you can't ascertain what it does, but YET it makes you feel like you got something super well engineered. Then save yourself $9,950. Buy an erector set, bolt everything all together like and throw it on a shelf, cheap thrills for the #12er's.

#13. When talking about weight of a sled, I don't sit around like an idiot and ask "is less weight good?" I'm not an idiot, of course it is. My sled is lighter, lighter than most.... I want it to be even lighter. I have no interest in owning a sled that may alter that simple, logical, fact proven through physics type of mindset. I could start to ask even more stupid questions like: Is this french made Izod shirt pink enough to wear with these slacks golfing?? I requested a friend shoot me in the head if I ever said that, Yam ownership is not worth that risk.

#14. Owning a Yam might possibly make me big enough of a douche to ask people to give my 20 reasons not to own a Yam in a sad and failed attempt to boost my insecurity about owning one.

#15. People on Totally Yamaha own YAMAHA's!! I'm not so sure other Yam owners have made that connection yet.

#16. Rarely, if ever.... Is discussion made about how much fun a Yamaha is. It's more like labor, labor to get miles on it, labor to get it HP, labor to make it ride right, labor to get it unstuck at a road crossing. That sucks, I work for a living.

#17. I commute to work, I hate it. I really do. I hate my car at times, I hate pavement at times. I don't discuss trail conditions in terms I use to describe my commute to work. I ask for snow totals, the bigger the better.

#18. I heard a yamaha owner say: "I'd rather ride a heavy sled on a lake wide open than a light one." And that to me makes me sad, reference #17 as to why.

#19. Yamaha's with turbo's are cool. So are monster trucks, top fuel cars, and jet engine's with afterburner. I'd love to own em all... Cause I'm kinda into hokey stuff that fits no real purpose other than to get a buncha dudes to crowd around me with wood in their drawers an tell me I'm the coolest. I'm shallow like that and it scares me.... I shouldn't own any of these things because of that fear.

#20. I like my pants dry... Seems a lot of Yam owners like to piss their pants over a REQUESTED 20 reasons to not own a yam.
Liberty without Virtue is Slavery to Vice
funkadelic101

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers