Subscribe Today

Michigan Snowmobiling and the DNR

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby snoxraceteam » November 8th, 2007, 8:53 am

There was an article in the Michigan Snowmobiler magazine about how the DNR is trying to take away alot of the money that was designated for grooming the trails this year. I am in Virginia and I don't have the article with me, but I did find this.

Contrary to popular belief the DNR does not do any grooming in the state of Michigan as TV 9&10 news falsely reported last Friday. The Grant Sponsors, local grooming clubs and volunteers, are the ones that do all the work. The DNR controls the funding and the MSA represents the grant sponsors in our never ending battle to get that money to the grooming clubs. This season it is coming down to the wire as the DNR wants to change the rules in the middle of the game so they can keep more of your snowmobile dollars. As it stands right now the Grant Sponsors have refused to sign the current agreement as written. There are many issues involved but it comes down to who gets the money. The DNR who wants to do who knows what, or the volunteers that maintain and groom the trails. There will be a final meeting this week to try and hammer out an agreement the Grant Sponsors can live with. I will be the first to let you know what happens. In the mean time support the local grooming clubs by becoming a member, donating time, or give some money. The MSA is the only group that represents our sport in Lansing and Washington. I find it appalling the lack of support the MSA gets from business throughout Northern Michigan with less than 300 Commercial Sponsors state-wide. Snowmobiling is second only to golf in this state for the dollars it brings in! I ask you, the snowmobilers that come and spend money, spend where you see the MSA logo and pass up the gas station, motel, restaurant or bar that does not support your sport. When you stop, ask them if they support the MSA. If they do not ask them why and tell them it will be your last stop there until they do their part. Tell them to call me, Dave G. at 231-348-5935 or use the on-line form, linked top right. I will be listing on our snow reports the MSA sponsors in that area. Please, we need your help to keep snowmobiling alive in Michigan, so do your part! Dave G.
[b]"Never argue with an idiot - they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..." [/b]
snoxraceteam

Postby Oldtimer F-7 » November 8th, 2007, 8:56 am

I posted about the upcomming loss of grooming in Mich. and these monkeys applauded. Keeps the Yams off da trail and outta da way.
yer a high horse'n liberal faggot sympathizer
- Icehole
Oldtimer F-7

Postby 2Fast4U2 » November 8th, 2007, 9:03 am

Dave, Can we help in any way besides buying or spending money only where we see the MSA logo?
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
Image,Image
2Fast4U2

Postby Uller God » November 8th, 2007, 9:07 am

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/Ullergod/South%20Range/busted2.jpg[/img]
Uller God

Postby mach1mikeM1M » November 8th, 2007, 9:11 am

I always willing to do my part Uller!

and once again Dean is clueless.
mach1mikeM1M

Postby yammrhammr » November 8th, 2007, 9:20 am

[quote=mach1mikeM1M]I always willing to do my part Uller!

and once again Dean is clueless.[/quote]

pollution? cross the yellow line? what ya do?
My underpowered rattletrap chickenchit Fusion 9
yammrhammr

Postby Uller God » November 8th, 2007, 9:21 am

[img]http://ohiomafiariders.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/images/smiles/uglylol.gif[/img]
Uller God

Postby Holzee » November 8th, 2007, 9:22 am

Sposed to give the money to the groomers, not the Gestapo Mikey!
eff off
Holzee

Postby mach1mikeM1M » November 8th, 2007, 9:40 am

I gotsta tell ya it too a lot for me to crack a smile for Uller to take that picture.I got busted a mile from our cabin on the first ride of the first day for forgetting to put my trail sticker on and the phucking ass clown would'nt let me go back to the cabin to go get it.That fragile little DNR cop almost got tossed in the woods.I hate when those guys have no leeway on trivial things,while others will.A mile from the cabin!My blood is boiling again.
mach1mikeM1M

Postby Oldtimer F-7 » November 8th, 2007, 10:33 am

Do the CRIME pay da FINE !! LMAO!!
yer a high horse'n liberal faggot sympathizer
- Icehole
Oldtimer F-7

Next

Return to Trash Talkers