Subscribe Today

Harley?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Harley?

Postby SnowHawg » January 23rd, 2009, 2:43 pm

It's all how you get to 75 that counts.
[COLOR=#000066]Second place just means you're the first loser.[/COLOR]
[b]'11 ?????
'04 800 XCSP
'94 500 Indy Trail[/b]
[IMG]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/Snowhawg/shawg1.jpg[/IMG]
SnowHawg

Harley?

Postby SuZQ213 » January 23rd, 2009, 2:52 pm

[quote=RATMOTOR][quote=RIGGS1]you people really believe its about weight/HP/noise & money?

funny stuff[/quote]

Don't forget the small dik thing too.[/quote]

DO NOT!
SuZQ213

Harley?

Postby Thunder Cummins » January 24th, 2009, 12:53 am

Ever see some of the Skanks that ride Harleys......Ick!
Lookin like crack whores from the hood.

Breakin the Law
Fear the Diesel!!!
Thunder Cummins

Harley?

Postby Rick27 » January 24th, 2009, 1:02 am

[quote=Thunder Cummins]Ever see some of the Skanks that ride Harleys......Ick!
Lookin like crack whores from the hood.[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing about guys who drive Dodge trucks. Just change crack whores to hillbilly and hood to holler.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak...:S
Rick27

Harley?

Postby Thunder Cummins » January 24th, 2009, 1:13 am

[quote=Rick27][quote=Thunder Cummins]Ever see some of the Skanks that ride Harleys......Ick!
I was thinking the same thing about guys who drive Dodge trucks. Just change crack whores to hillbilly and hood to holler.[/quote]

I was thinking you and your wife must ride Harleys

Breakin the Law
Fear the Diesel!!!
Thunder Cummins

Harley?

Postby MM700 » January 24th, 2009, 1:35 am

I'll tell you what guys...I absolutely love my 99 kawi..it's been the least expensive bike to maintain out of any bike I have owned. The ride and handling are excellent, and it has plenty of power (1,500 liquid cooled v-twin). I have been averaging 38-42 mpg with or with out a passenger....and the best thing is I paid $6,000 dollars for it two years ago. I've done nothing but change the oil, and put new spark plugs in it in two full seasons of riding. I like it so much I went to our local kawi dealer and checked out the new models...kawi has a new Voyeuger coming out, with a new liquid cooled, fuel injected 1700 v-twin in it..more hp and torque than a harley...better fuel economy..and more storage than an ultra classic...and here is the kicker...I can buy it for $16,000 dollars. Don't get me wrong...I love harleys...but who would pay twice as much for an inferior bike??? Most of you guys won't do it with sleds (would you buy an inferior sled that was twice the price??) I don't buy something by name only...I buy what's the best deal for the money. That's why I am on a cat this year...and I like it. Harley better figure out a way to make their bikes more price competitive...I have seen this coming for a long time...nobody has ridden the wave of sucess as long as harley has...what goes up, must come down...harley is starting their downward swing.
MM700

Harley?

Postby Bigger Hammer » January 24th, 2009, 2:01 am

No problem with HP on my Harley, liquid cooled and 55 mpg as well.

[IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/Bigger_Hammer_/Motorcycles/VRSCDX2.jpg[/IMG]

The future Mrs. Bigger Hammer might take offense to calling her a crack whore as she rides a custom softail, not the fastest but I have had it up to 100, and gets almost 65 mpg.

[IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/Bigger_Hammer_/Motorcycles/20080630_0001_edited-1.jpg[/IMG]
- Bigger Hammer

[IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/Bigger_Hammer_/Snowmobile/ghavatsbex.jpg[/IMG]

"Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much" - John Wayne
Bigger Hammer

Harley?

Postby SuZQ213 » January 24th, 2009, 2:15 am

[quote=Thunder Cummins]Ever see some of the Skanks that ride Harleys......Ick!

HEY NOW!
SuZQ213

Harley?

Postby SuZQ213 » January 24th, 2009, 2:21 am

[quote=MM700]I'll tell you what guys...I absolutely love my 99 kawi..it's been the least expensive bike to maintain out of any bike I have owned. The ride and handling are excellent, and it has plenty of power (1,500 liquid cooled v-twin). I have been averaging 38-42 mpg with or with out a passenger....and the best thing is I paid $6,000 dollars for it two years ago. I've done nothing but change the oil, and put new spark plugs in it in two full seasons of riding. I like it so much I went to our local kawi dealer and checked out the new models...kawi has a new Voyeuger coming out, with a new liquid cooled, fuel injected 1700 v-twin in it..more hp and torque than a harley...better fuel economy..and more storage than an ultra classic...and here is the kicker...I can buy it for $16,000 dollars. Don't get me wrong...I love harleys...but who would pay twice as much for an inferior bike??? Most of you guys won't do it with sleds (would you buy an inferior sled that was twice the price??) I don't buy something by name only...I buy what's the best deal for the money. That's why I am on a cat this year...and I like it. Harley better figure out a way to make their bikes more price competitive...I have seen this coming for a long time...nobody has ridden the wave of sucess as long as harley has...what goes up, must come down...harley is starting their downward swing.[/quote]

Dude, mine was $5900 out the door. And I didn't buy it for "name only" -- I went to the motorcycle show and sat on about 40 different bikes. The Suzuki I had, the engine was starting to RUST all over the place (and yes, I kept it clean and no road salt) and it was too light to take on a backroad going 50 mph, let alone a highway, so I sold it and got a bike with a good fit. Not having ridden anything but dirtbikes my entire life, and not being used to anything heavier, I didn't want a big bike, but I couldn't find anything that didn't jam my knees into my chin in anything Yammie, Kawy, Suzy or any of the other manus made except a Harley--Granted, it's their smallest one, but the Sporty fits my legs just fine and it's a lot better built than the Suzy was (and no rust in 3 years -- what was up with that). Joe keeps receiving a recall notice for his KLR and I forwarded on my recall notice for the SuZy to it's new owner. Still haven't had one on my Sporty. Say what you want... I paid $125 a monthe for the Suzy and I'm paying the same for the Harley and I'm a lot more satisfied with the Harley right now. (And nope, I don't have an oil leak or any other leak under it and I don't feel it's the inferior bike... I did my research before buying it)
SuZQ213

Harley?

Postby 600zrtrx1 » January 24th, 2009, 2:23 am

nice scoots biggie!
600zrtrx1

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers