Subscribe Today

Yamatalk

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Yamatalk

Postby Snoway » November 8th, 2014, 7:27 am

could yamaha build a new all yamaha sled in the future or is he pointing to a 200hp wildcat?

.....Something occurred to me while discussing this meetings agenda with our engineers. Most people, regardless of their brand blindness, will recognize that Yamaha engines rank amongst the very best in the world. This is especially true regarding durability and reliability and if you consider the QDR relative to the performance, one could argue Yamaha is the best in mass production motosports power – marine, motorcycle, off-road, snow… My epiphany was – we have never tried to explain what we do different, what steps are taken in engine development, to deliver the balance of performance and reliability that the Yamaha reputation is founded upon. We’ve spoken to it in marketing over the years but the engineering detail has never been really been exposed. I sense an opportunity and an intriguing project at hand.

Case in point is the all new R1 and M1 MotoGP inspired bikes. @200hp / liter of normally aspirated power packing a full warranty and duty cycle of a flippin Corolla. The on-board electronics controlling this engine and consequent power delivery is incredible. I have mixed feelings about having a computer control how I ride but considering the performance levels being achieved and so few Valentino Rossi’s, I get it.

We are seeing more sophisticated electronics being applied to our snowmobiles as well and I see this only increasing as we move forward. Having learned from my past ramblings allow me to say this ‘just for the record’ – I did not say that the new R1 engine will be available in a snowmobile next year, an ATV maybe but not a sled!

cheers cr
ImageImage
Snoway

Re: Yamatalk

Postby NorthernSkunk » November 8th, 2014, 8:56 am

They appear to last cause old touring type riders use em for sleds...check any yamaha racing machines and they break as much if not more than the other motor makers....
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby yammrhammr » November 8th, 2014, 9:07 am

no they dont
My underpowered rattletrap chickenchit Fusion 9
yammrhammr

Postby NorthernSkunk » November 8th, 2014, 8:55 pm

How wuld you know
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby Long time cat man » November 8th, 2014, 9:02 pm

Yammr wouldn't know...........he rides like a girl. They busted a bunch of em at the Soo race a couple of years ago.
Long time cat man

Postby Snoway » November 8th, 2014, 10:59 pm

Yamaha won every soo it entered till the crybabies banned it....pretty impressive for a heavy pig, eh?

as far as the 3 holer goes.....the numbskulls need to leave the engine un cracked....the soo is gawdamned endurance race!...locktite the bitch and runner!....LOL
ImageImage
Snoway

Postby Big Native » November 18th, 2014, 12:25 am

It's not the engines that Yamaha uses in their snowmachines that people don't like-they make great motors. It is the 800 lbs. of polished crap they surround them with!
Big Native

Postby Snoway » November 18th, 2014, 5:26 am

Big Native wrote:It's not the engines that Yamaha uses in their snowmachines that people don't like-they make great motors. It is the 800 lbs. of polished crap they surround them with!

800 lbs.?...is that where the "Big" in Big Native comes from????
ImageImage
Snoway

Postby 4th ski-doo » November 19th, 2014, 7:31 pm

Yamaha claims its engines are the best made on the planet.

Obama says he's the best president

I'm understanding how correct Jonathan Gruber is.
MM7 wrote:
"..you don't realize how bad yamaha's ride or handle until you go ride a Cat, a Doo, or a Polaris Turn the dial all you want..it's junk!!! The nytro's skid is better..but still not even close to a cat skid or a doo skid for that matter."
4th ski-doo

Return to Trash Talkers