Subscribe Today

New Ski-Doos

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

New Ski-Doos

Postby mach1mikeM1M » February 25th, 2013, 4:09 am

I enjoyed every break down i ever had on my Ski Doo's!
mach1mikeM1M

New Ski-Doos

Postby yammrhammr » February 25th, 2013, 4:31 am

i suppose we did too
My underpowered rattletrap chickenchit Fusion 9
yammrhammr

New Ski-Doos

Postby Big Native » February 26th, 2013, 2:09 pm

[quote=drifter7]Yamaha. The only manny ta build both their own chassis and the engines. Cat drops Suzi and makes a good choice for their next motors. As cat stated, "This agreement started in 2012 with Arctic Cat building the Yamaha SRX 120 youth model snowmobile and will now be expanded to include full size performance snowmobiles starting with model year 2014. These snowmobiles will be built to Yamaha specifications using Yamaha 4-stroke engines."

Cat turns to Yam for improving their chassis and getting real performance engines.[/quote]

In case you didn't know, ROTAX has been a fully owned subsidary of BRP since the mid 1970's.
Big Native

New Ski-Doos

Postby yea!!yammi » February 26th, 2013, 2:13 pm

The company was founded in 1920 in Dresden, Germany as ROTAX-WERK AG. In 1930 it was taken over by Fichtel & Sachs and transferred its operations to Schweinfurt, Germany. Operations were moved to Wels, Austria in 1943 and finally to Gunskirchen, Austria in 1947. In 1959, the majority of Rotax shares were taken over by the Vienna-based Lohner-Werke, a manufacturer of car and railway wagon bodies. In 1970 Lohner-Rotax was bought by Bombardier Inc. The former Bombardier branch, Bombardier Recreational Products, now an independent company, uses Rotax engines in its motorcycles, personal water craft, and snowmobiles.
The company constructed only two-stroke engines until 1982, when it started building four-stroke engines and aircraft engines. Other important dates include 1962, when a Rotax engine was first installed in a snowmobile and 1989, when Rotax received FAA Type Certification for its Model 912 A aircraft engine.
In 2008, Rotax started manufacturing the 1,125 cc Helicon liquid-cooled, four-stroke, fuel-injected 72 V-twin for the Buell Motorcycle Company
If quitters never win & winners never quit, then who was the dumbazz that said quit while your ahead
yea!!yammi
Trasher of the Year

New Ski-Doos

Postby 4th ski-doo » February 26th, 2013, 2:28 pm

[quote=MXZErick]Drift, where has building their own sleds and engines got em? 4th place and losing marketshare anually? Yam improving Cats chassis? You've got this level of ignorance that is bottomless and it is the source of many laughs. Thanks![/quote]

I was thinking the same thing.

Every breakdown Mach1MIke had were things he touched, that sled was all his doing.

Drift, I'd come and ride with you any day. Pleasure would be all mine.

Hammr sux

I don't ride like a girl.

When I fell into this sled thought for sure I'd hate it. My first day out on it was almost the last but after a little saddle time this is the best sled I've owned yet.
MM7 wrote:
"..you don't realize how bad yamaha's ride or handle until you go ride a Cat, a Doo, or a Polaris Turn the dial all you want..it's junk!!! The nytro's skid is better..but still not even close to a cat skid or a doo skid for that matter."
4th ski-doo

New Ski-Doos

Postby Big Native » February 26th, 2013, 3:02 pm

So Rotax builds engines for Bombardier products 1st, (it's parent company) and on contract for other's on contract to their specs? Kinda what I said the 1st time. The Bombardier family still owns a part of Bomb.Inc, and formed BRP on their own after 9/11 almost destroyed the company as a whole.
Big Native

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers