Subscribe Today

For ALL to see!!!! especially polaris wads!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby zrcat » May 17th, 2001, 1:00 am

What, are we eating crow now??!! I f**kin' love it!!

Cat sales lead industry
Record revenues released 5/17/2001
by Staff American Snowmobiler
Arctic Cat Inc. reported results for the fiscal 2001 fourth-quarter and year ended March 31, 2001.

For the fiscal year, net sales increased seven percent, to $530.6 million, compared to $494.9 million last year.

"US Industry-wide retail sales of snowmobles increased during the year as a result of the first normal winter snowfall we have seen in four years," said Cat's president and chief executive officer, Christopher Twomey. "Our snowmobile retail sales outpaced the industry."

During the year, Arctic Cat introduced a number of new technologies to its snowmobiles such as a computer-controlled shock absorber system, the SmartRide, and two models of the first commercially available four-stroke snowmobile with significantly lower emissions, noise and increased gas mileage.

Cat's ATV sales again posted double-digit growth during the fiscal year.

Commenting on the outlook for fiscal 2002, Twomey stated: "We are excited about the 2002 ATV model year, which we will kick off in June at our worldwide ATV dealer show. We expect ATV revenues to increase during the next fiscal year. Based on strong snowmobile retail sales, dealer inventories at four-year lows and snowmobile orders already received, we expect fiscal 2002 snowmobile revenues to increase 10 to 15 percent.

Cat's Spring Buy program for deposits on 2002 snowmobiles were up 33% from last year, according to Cat's fourth-quarter results conference call.

2001 American Snowmobiler / amsnow.com
zrcat

Postby Mainecat » May 17th, 2001, 6:50 am

Yeah Baby!!!!
Yeah good for Cat. I am glad they are not a big conglomerate like Ski-Doo, Polaris or Yamaha. Cat seems to be more in tune with their consumers probably because the communication line is closer to them. I hope they stay focused like they have been for years. the 4 wheeler market is huge but there is a saturation point because a 4 wheeler will last for many more years than a sled. The problem will appear with the popularity of 4 stroke sleds as well. A 4 stroke sled will probably run for 20,000 miles so they won't have as many customers buying every year.
Cat Keep Up The Great Work!
Mainecat

Postby tuna5 » May 25th, 2001, 4:56 am

WAD THIS AND WHO WAS #1 FOR HOW MANY YEARS NOTHING TO GET YOU PANTIES IN A RUFFLE ABOUT.
tuna5

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » May 25th, 2001, 5:05 am

polaris was number one at what it sure has hell was not racing thats for sure. number 1 in sales what a joke maybe number 1 in repair bills that about all. :)
[b]polaris sucks[/b]
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

Postby maxiracer » May 25th, 2001, 5:22 am

Hey Mainecat, Bombardier showed 16.1 billion in overall sales, I'm glad they are a big company,just because if we have a few more crappy winters, they can still afford to build sleds, I'm not sure that Arctic would have the resources to fall back on, it could be 1981 all over again, and that would really suck!
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby tuna5 » May 25th, 2001, 5:46 am

COME ON NOW JUST WAIT AND SEE YOUR GOING TO BANG YOUR HEAD AGAIN AND YOU WILL SEE THE LIGHT, POL WILL SHOW YOU THE WAY.
tuna5

Postby Bills' Sonic Edge » May 25th, 2001, 2:53 pm

ZR has a good point as far as as sales go. But then again we finally had a normal winter. And w/ Tucker and Blair playing "you first me first" the first place buyers are gonna look is Cat. But ZR you still hafta look at the big picture....How much money did they lose in overhead and inventory? They lost their asses off. Blair signs w/ Polaris you will see sales jump. Big time. And don't count it out. Blair is a competitor. I think he would love to play w/ Tucker on a different sled, just to show it's his abilities and not just the sled.
Bills' Sonic Edge

Postby tuna5 » May 26th, 2001, 1:49 am

BILL I AGREE THAT THEY HAVE IT RATE NOW WHEN IT COMES TO SNOW CROSS AND HOW MANY SLEDS IS THAT THREW OUT THE COUNTRY. NOT THAT MANY. CATS DO NOT STAND UP WITH AGGRESSIVE DRIVERS LIKE A POLARIS AND THAT IS A FACT.
tuna5

Postby NorthernSkunk » May 26th, 2001, 3:04 pm

Sorry tuna I would disagree with you, the cats held up well in the warroad race. Which is a pretty good test for a sled. But thats not why I'm responding to you, would you know where to score parts for a 76 tx340 free air? We just got one in really good shape, zero rust anywhere. Stored indoors always cause the people that owned it ran a storage company/moving business. But it needs some rear suspension parts(a spring in the front) and we need to know exactly how to put it back together(the rear skid). Could use some pictures from a manual or something like that. If you can help thanks, if not oh well polaris sucks anyway I'm just trying to help my buddy. LOL. Later.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby tuna5 » May 26th, 2001, 11:19 pm

Nothern Skunk i will see what i can do .u can disagree thats all right because i no in my heart the diff see you could have a army of polar pig bashers i just lol all day long you can't get me going.Later Tuna.
tuna5

Next

Return to Trash Talkers