Subscribe Today

OK, where do you think Morgan is going??

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » May 29th, 2001, 4:40 am

mainecat no matter what sled morgan rides he will still gt the poduim finishes that he always gets. if he rides cat goood luck to him if he rides skidoo he will ride the most durable sled out there right now for snox racing. the zx440 is by far the best sled in hte series even know they did not win a race in the wsa this year. morgan pick skidoo.:)

[red]polaris sucks[/red]:)

[blue]ice,snow,or grass ski-doo will still kick your ass[/blue]:)
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

Postby maxiracer » May 29th, 2001, 4:51 am

Hey ZR, Chad has raced snocross, I believe about 2 years ago the was a race called the Superman series, it included drags, snocross, ovals, and a X-C race all run with the same sled, with a hour(I believe anyway) to make changes to the sled for each race, Chad won it going away(he was still racing Doo's) I sure someone on the board can tell me for sure when it happened. Mike Houle in his younger days was also a snocrosser, although common sense brought over to the purest form of sled racing.... OVALS
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby zrcat » May 29th, 2001, 6:03 am

You CAT haters out there kill me.....It does matter what the sled is when it comes to getting abused. Just look at the break aparts each brand has had during the sno-X season....polaris is king in that catagory. Always has, always will!!! You just can't get to the podium if your trailing arm falls off. Nor will you be able to keep up if you can't get the holeshot. You won't get there if you can't keep the pace going....all things polaris is guilty of. They only make junk. The statement that morgan can take any brand to the podium is true, so long as it can take the abuse like a CAT.....Polaris cannot even come close.
zrcat

Postby Mainecat » May 29th, 2001, 6:19 am

Amen brother Cat owner!!!
Mainecat

Postby maxiracer » May 29th, 2001, 6:23 am

Hey zr, do you really think Blair uses the same sled all season? I've got to believe he has a new sled for each race!Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the other factories riders have the same deal,so I think many of the failures you are claiming are by less well sponsored drivers, but I have seen A-arm failures on cats oval enduro racers, so does that mean Cats reliabiltiy is suspect? Maybe for some forms of racing eh? As for polaris' trailing arm trouble, it just helps keep them out of the way!!!LOL BTW if it aint YELLOW...it's MELLOW
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby NYSonic » May 29th, 2001, 2:51 pm

Talk about durability? What the hell happened to Tucker in the X-games? Brake failure and unable to put the nose down. Flat on his tail bone. The brakes? Of all things...geez.
There's a fine line between fishing, and standing on shore looking like an idiot.
NYSonic

Postby Mainecat » May 29th, 2001, 10:29 pm

NYSonic Tucker was running a direct drive unit in his open sled. The Wilwood brake that is usually on the SnoPro Open sled was replaced with a different configuration to attach to the direct drive unit. This direct drive system on Tuckers sled won some races this season. Cat's just testing new stuff on the open sleds. Maybe with any luck it will be on consumer ZR's in a few years.
Mainecat

Postby zrcat » May 29th, 2001, 11:20 pm

Maxi, Keeps them outa the way, that is very funny!! Bill, I didn't say CAT was immune to failures. Just the occurence is less. As far as the brake problem, thats a Wilwood componant failure. No fault of CAT. That just happens. Do you want to talk brakes! Polaris brakes(liquid cooled, read:joke) are absolute garbage. I know, I've owned many 'laris's. Look at the Pro-X, it's using the Wilwood. Polaris must know something, like thier own brakes suck too. To MC's point, CAT is constantly testing new ideas. Don't crap on CAT to hard. Without CAT, polaris cannot give you new technology. CAT is 'laris's R&D. Then they STEAL!!!

*This Message was edited on 30-May-01 04:23 AM by zrcat*
zrcat

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » May 30th, 2001, 12:42 am

hey zrcat with all the stuff polaris steals from cat you think that polaris will ever steal the green paint from cat man that would be one ugly looking pile of junk a green pro-x ugly.

[red]polaris sucks[/red]

[blue]ice,snow,or grass ski-doo will still kick your ass.[/blue]
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

Postby ArcticEd » May 30th, 2001, 1:14 am

Just to set the record straight, Tucker's brake problem and subsequent get-off at Winter X was due to neither a Cat nor Wilwood failure, but breakage of an experimental featherweight rotor. SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! PHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTT!
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers