Subscribe Today

Fords shows poorly on Dateline...

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby Xtreme XC » June 4th, 2001, 12:46 pm

Was watching the offset crash test's on Dateline tonight, did anyone see the Ford's performance?? It folded up like an acordion!!!! Worse than the Dodge. Chevy did better than Dodge and way better than the Ford but not good enough to be with the Tundra. Once again Ford making money is more important than safty. Just like with the Firestone tires. GM has 3,000,000 Firestone tires on the road but yet not one problem. Now they are seeing that the H arms are bad on the explorers and are causing the front ends to eat up tires, which causes exesive temps and then tread seperation. The F350's are eating up tires in the front end too.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » June 4th, 2001, 1:08 pm

and that kinda makes you want to buy a [blue][b]ford[/blue][/b] not. and the [blue]ford lovers[/blue] said the [red]chevy][/red] truck was not holdIng up good well i guess they better think again. hey xtreme you have a point there about the firestone tires not one problem with chevy vehicles with the tires maybe that because gm has a beter design on the vehicles not one that could kill somebody using firestone tires. another point that proves [blue]FORD SUCKS[/BLUE]ford maybe have 5 out of ten best sellers but the also have 2 of the worse if you want to get killed.

[blue]ford sucks[/blue]

[red]polaris sucks]/red]

[blue]ice,snow,or grass ski-doo will still kick your ass.[/blue]

*This Message was edited on 04-Jun-01 06:09 PM by bad-ass-zx800*

*This Message was edited on 04-Jun-01 06:10 PM by bad-ass-zx800*

*This Message was edited on 04-Jun-01 06:11 PM by bad-ass-zx800*
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

Postby tnt8000 » June 4th, 2001, 1:10 pm

FORD SUCKS

I own a 2000 Ford explorer. it is the biggest peice of s**t ever... we have had so many *uckin problems not to mention one of our FIRESTONE tires blowing up when we were on the road....
I also own a 1995 chevy v8 4*4 pickup which is drivin every day in snow, rain, muck and water i take it off roading in 5 feet of water and still don't have any problems...... i just like to say on behalf of every chevy and ford owner CHEVY ROCKS ford SUCKS
2 sleds
30 000km combined
thats a hell of alot of real world riding!
tnt8000

Postby SNOBALLZ » June 4th, 2001, 2:08 pm

.....the best crash I saw in recent memory, was after Dodge had released the NEW "cab forward" Dodge Ram......about 1 year after they hit the market, a new Ram was hit head-on by an old Buick Electra.......the cab actually sheared of it's mounts, and the whole cab slid forward about 20 inches.....both occupants where killed instantly......struck me as earily ironic......I still wonder to this day if this is what the engineers envisioned as "cab forward"?
SNOBALLZ

Postby MachZE » June 4th, 2001, 2:34 pm

FORD....Like a Rock...CRUSHER!!!!!!!! C-Ya you bunch of Garbage Motors weenies!!!
MachZE

Postby zrcat » June 4th, 2001, 10:45 pm

Hmmm, strange, why then is GM pulling all Firestones off their vehicles? This info was just anounced last week by GM at the same time FORD said they were recalling an additional 13 million tires.
What vehicles were tested? According to Consumer reports FORD has always fared better. Especially in the truck dept. Keep in mind, these TV news show are nothing more than trying to sensationalise any story of the moment. FORD is in the direct spotlight, and that is where the media, like lawyers are hanging out. Like that rediculous story on the exploding GM truck that "dateline" had to start burning with pyrotechnics.....Have you forgotten that? I would think that you would understand that those shows have no integrity what so ever!!
zrcat

Postby SLEDHEADRED » June 4th, 2001, 10:52 pm

I watched the show, and it was the IISB, that did the test, not dateline, the Ford truck in question was the F150.
As I have said numerous times, I work a a large multi franchise dealer, Ford being our largest part of inventory, followed closely by Dodge!
Ford builds lots of junk, there engines leak oil out of lots of gaskets, due to uneven block height,on the 5.4 liters.
Had a recall on the timing chain covers on the 4.6 6 cyclinders, then eventuallly replaced the engines when they blew after the timing cover was replaced, bearing ate up!
Im not sayin GM dosent have some flaws, but interior squeaks and rattles i can live with, blown engines and oil leaks, I say NOT!!!!

SHR

HAPPY SLEDDING, WHEREVER YOU ARE!
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Postby zrcat » June 4th, 2001, 11:00 pm

I just read the article on dateline.com :
Tundra = good
chevy = marginal
dodge = poor
Ford = poor

There is more to this story though that you left out. In the Gov't ratings, both Dodge and Ford get 4 out of 5 star ratings. Plus GM, FORD and DODGE argue that the tests were NOT examples of "real world" incidents. The speeds and such were hyped up for reporting purposes no doubt.

BTW, who has 5 of the top ten selling vehicles? You polaris guys should honor that since it is the basis of every discussion you attempt. I have been a GM person all my life until this year, The new GM trucks SUCK. I like the new SUV's, much more solid than thier P/U's.
zrcat

Postby MachZE » June 5th, 2001, 12:11 am

5' of water and no problems? GOOD ONE. Speak on behalf of yourself too, Moron.
MachZE

Postby MachZE » June 5th, 2001, 12:16 am

gm has a better design? Explain that to me. I want to see you make yourself more of an idiot like the way you talk. Come on, throw some more b.s. on top of what you said already. Again someone with no facts.LMAO.
MachZE

Next

Return to Trash Talkers