Subscribe Today

Took a good look at a Viper

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby maxiracer » July 30th, 2001, 9:47 pm

I figured with all the hype on the viper, I had better take a good look at the sled, so I went to the local yam dealer, Team Alpine, and bounced on the seat, looked at the suspension, you know gave it a good going over. I must admit I noticed some very nice parts right off, adjustable radius arms, a beefed up trailing arm, a cast alumium steering arm that attaches to the spindle instead of the cheesy stamped steel number on the srx and sxr's, very nice looking sled and I must admit it fits me like a glove, perhaps this is the platform yamaha might build a racer out of, I sure hope so! Now if they would release a 600 version, I'd be torn between Doo and Yam, and I'll admit I've always liked Yamaha, but Doo builds a sled a guy like me can turn into a good oval sled, I don't plan on buying a new sled at this time anyway, but a 600 Viper sure might change my mind!! Congrats to the guys who are getting one, they are VERY nice!
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby CatmanZR800 » July 30th, 2001, 10:19 pm

I agree with you Maxi!

I think Yami did a tremdous job (finally) on building a great lookin' sled that does more than just "strutin" down the trails. One of my best friends had Spring ordered one and I'm dying to take him on with my Spring ordered ZR800 EFI LE X-country. I ordered the color black, because I don't care for the puke green.

I think my buddy may keep up with me! The only thing I question is the triple into a single pipe...hey maybe it may surprise us! Engineering wise, it just sounds like it'll tame a "wicked" sled too much. Maxi - how does it sound with a triple into a single? Or wouldn't they let you start it up?
WARNING! Cats are meat eaters!
CatmanZR800

Postby Mainecat » July 30th, 2001, 11:15 pm

Catman you will have no problem dealing with the Viper. The Viper at 124 hp v/s the Cat at 140. It will be close in the trails but open it up and you will spank the Viper!
Mainecat

Postby Mainecat » July 30th, 2001, 11:17 pm

Max I know you well enough to know you were thinkin...."if i could paint it yellow it would look way better" LOL
Mainecat

Postby ZR500PA » July 31st, 2001, 12:00 am

I Heard them running at Syracuse and you could hear the snow under the skis as it went by, they are really quiet. I think this sled was made too make DCNR happy and tame down the noise level. This sled to me was made for old guys who like gas milage and no noise!!!!!!
ZR500PA

Postby pearson » July 31st, 2001, 12:30 am

I rode the sled too up in Syracuse and it was so much of an improvement over my old sled (98 XTC700) that I ordered one on the the spot. I don't think that the sled will fit heavier and taller riders but for someone who wants a little of everything(speed, handling, trail crusing) it's perfect. Second choice for me this year was a ZR-CC, but I like to ride something that everyone else hates!!!!(as you'll see in the coming posts). Plus I can't stand the green also!!!!LOL.......
pearson

Postby pearson » July 31st, 2001, 12:34 am

......and to smoke ZR500's HEHEHEHE........
pearson

Postby MxZ MoonZ » July 31st, 2001, 12:55 am

Maxiracer

Thats exactly what I did yesterday at the local Yamaha Dealer. The guy sounded like his finger was to far up his ass though! He wasn't very nice. Anyways, he told us that prolly all the guys at the shop will be getting the new Viper. Do they get a discount? Prolly.

Yes, the viper is very attractive! I s'pose if I didn't like Doo, yamaha would be my choice of sled. The inside was was awesome! But the thing is...I was very surprised to see the comparasion to the Srx and the sxR pipes. The srx had 3 huge ones and the sxr only had 1 little one, its the size of my 700 Mtn. Max.

I also saw the Venture, V-max, and as I listed above the SRX and the sxR, plus the Viper. I was pretty excited after I left that place. I actually DIDN'T want to leave. I wanted to stay and sit on it for a little longer.

Yamaha has a nice sled, but I think I'll stick with Ski-Doo.

*This Message was edited on 31-Jul-01 05:56 AM by MxZ MoonZ*
[yellow]The one[/yellow]...The only: [yellow]moonZ[/yellow]

[b]Eat. Sleep. Ridin' Ski-Doo.[/b]

Ski-Doo: Put something exciting between your legs.
MxZ MoonZ

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » July 31st, 2001, 1:04 am

HEY pearson were abouts in syracuse did you ride a viper. I didnt hear of any dealers around here that were giving rides to people i know at the wsa race they were suppose to let people ride but there was no snow so the people could not ride them.
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

Postby SlapNuts » July 31st, 2001, 1:18 am

MoonZ, which one did you want to stay and sit on for a while longer, the one with 3 huge ones od the one with one little one?
SlapNuts

Next

Return to Trash Talkers