Subscribe Today

What Ticks you off...

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

What Ticks you off...

Postby Mainecat » August 7th, 2001, 6:28 am

about your current sled brand. Be honest here as I know you are die hard brand loyalists!
Here is mine:
Stock Carbides.. They should be at least 6" on the performance sleds instead of the toothpick 4 inchers that come standard. (this goes for most brands)

Rear plastic adjustment blocks: These from Cat $uck. I break one at least once a season. I keep spares in the trunk.

Factory Covers: Do we have to advertise the dealer on the back? I think mine should say Mainecat!

I am bringing this up because supposidley some manufacturers read the posts here and maybe our posts will help.

Oh and the Yamaha barwarmer switch while its a nice idea for adjustments its in a stupid location on the Viper. I tried to adjust on the fly almost went off trail. scary

*This Message was edited on 08-Aug-01 07:52 AM by Mainecat*
Mainecat

What Ticks you off...

Postby Xtreme XC » August 7th, 2001, 7:01 am

Ok here it goes....deep breath....

Graphics... Polaris has never been good at graphics. With the exception of the X package. But the X sled is almost TOO much. I ordered one only because I didn't care for the std XC graphics. I like the "XC" and trim but the big swirl thing I could do without. Minus the big "Arctic Cat" down the side and I like theirs, and I also like Yami's.

Handlebars... after setting on a '02 cat now I will complain about the handlebars.

XCR800... awsome sled, good chassis but doesn't look tough like it should. I can almost garantee Polaris will want to drop it due to poor sales...well it's been unchanged since '00. Need a bad ass looking chassis then I'll buy one. I can buy a '00 for a lot cheaper and have the same sled.

I like the EDGE chassis but would be a nicer if it was a little shorter.

That's about it. A year ago I would have complained about no VES on the 700/800 twin.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

What Ticks you off...

Postby revsteve » August 7th, 2001, 7:12 am

I'm with you on the carbides....the factory units are a joke.
My wish list for Polaris goes something like this:
(1)How about a trunk compartment that you can actually fit your hand into.
(2)A tool compartment (not that I ever have to use them) under the hood so there is more room in the trunk compartment. A place to put a spare bulb and spark plugs would be nice too.
(3)The brake works great but please do something to make it quieter. The sled is quiet but the brake scares the wildlife !
POLARIS........KICK A$$ !
revsteve

What Ticks you off...

Postby Xtreme XC » August 7th, 2001, 7:29 am

Hey Rev, for '02 they integrated a toolbox under the hood. The brake noise never bothered me, I couldn't ever here it over my exhaust anyway :)
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

What Ticks you off...

Postby MachZE » August 7th, 2001, 7:35 am

The one that gets me is the pipe heat shield on my '00 MXZ 700 keeps cracking down by the elbow. Every season I have to replace it.
MachZE

What Ticks you off...

Postby revsteve » August 7th, 2001, 7:43 am

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the under-hood tool box was only on the mountain sleds
POLARIS........KICK A$$ !
revsteve

What Ticks you off...

Postby Michiganstopcat » August 7th, 2001, 7:50 am

ALLSLEDS NEED MORE ROOM IN THE TRUNK AREA FOR BEVERAGES AND SOME TYPE OF SYSTEM THAT WOULD ELIMINATE THE BLOWN UP CANS.ALL SLEDS NEED THE HEAT EXCHANGERS ON THE RUNNING BOARDS.ELIMINATE THE EXPENSIVE GRAPHICS ON ALL SLEDS AND LET THE SLED OWNERS PUT WHAT THEY WANT ON THEM.SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT BELTS TO,THIS IS THE YEAR 2001 AND WE STILL HAVE RUBBER BELTS TO MOVE THE SLEDS THE WORST PART IS THEY REALLY DIRTY UP THE UNDER HOOD AREA.
Michiganstopcat

What Ticks you off...

Postby hugeair » August 7th, 2001, 12:11 pm

My wife's sled is a friggin' 2000 Ski-Doo, and it still has cheap a$$ metal skis!! I bought the sled used at a good price, so I guess I should'nt complain, but I would NOT have bought it new for that reason alone. I don't think any of the 2002 sleds still have metal skis, but the 2000's should not have had them either.
hugeair

What Ticks you off...

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » August 7th, 2001, 12:28 pm

Dumb ass polaris riders tick me off.ANd im not saying all polaris riders are dumb just most of them.
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

What Ticks you off...

Postby Tailgunner » August 7th, 2001, 12:46 pm

All the "02" sleds not one meets my needs think I,ll ride Babygunners "99"RMK this year and wait-n-hope "03" brings me something that will turn my crank!!POLARIS ROCK,N THE WESTERN MOUNTIANS!!!
TAILGUNNER POLARIS RMK KING OF THE MOUNTIANS ON THIS PLANET
Tailgunner

Next

Return to Trash Talkers