Subscribe Today

Drove a XC800 in the grass yesterday.

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby zrcat » October 29th, 2001, 1:02 am

My bro in law just picked it up. I was not impressed, neither was he. We all ride triple 800's but this is his first year with a twin. Very quite sled. The blue is nice but could tone down the yellow graphics a bit. He said he was going to add yellow dingle balls around the windshield. hheheheh
Ergo's felt alot like CAT's. But then again, we all know who 'laris is trying to be like. :P
This sled definately needs some clutch work, pulls out'a the hole good, then falls flat on it's face, but picks up the pace when it shifts out. Should be a good going sled, but I don't think it'll even be close with the XCR and ZRT 800's.
zrcat

Postby NorthernSkunk » October 29th, 2001, 1:06 am

should I cross it off my list of sleds to check before buying?
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby zrcat » October 29th, 2001, 1:27 am

that would be a big "YUP" bro. If you want the real McCoy, stay with CAT. hehehe. It was just an unimpressive sled. Nothing else can be said.....Unless you really desire stickers that go all the way down onto the belly pan!!LOL.
zrcat

Postby (RYAN) » October 29th, 2001, 1:52 am

d**n polaris's. Extreme bought A PICKLE
(RYAN)

Postby Drewman » October 29th, 2001, 1:59 am

I think that would be a pickle wannabe ;)
[green][b]I LOVE THE SMELL OF TWO-STROKE IN THE MORNING[/b][/green]
Black 01 ZL800esr, Ya I got mirrors, all the better to see how far back you are
Drewman

Postby NorthernSkunk » October 29th, 2001, 2:04 am

Actually don't the x-country zr800's stickers go right onto the bellypan also? the zr600 x-country I seen did. That sticker on the cat isn't gonna stay on there long, so it won't bother me when I take it off on my first ride through the willows(lotsa willows up here, especially in the swamps.) Actually was thinkin of strippin the stickers if I ever get/find one lol.

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby Xtreme XC » October 29th, 2001, 2:28 am

Mmmm, a buddy of mine bought a new ZR800 and I wasn't all that impressed with it either...neither was he. Like the handlebars, but the fit and finish still sucks, but it is better than prior years. Same motor with the exception of the cranks being welded ('01 cranks were slipping on the PTO side when a belt was thrown). Ergos the same as Cat?? Nada, Polaris' footwells have always been better (at least now cat has adjustable's) the hand warmers and dime/bright light switch is at a flick of the thumb.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby zrcat » October 29th, 2001, 2:51 am

the ergo's as far as being pushed toward the tank instead of being thrown to the rear is what I'm talking about ('99 XCR). I would say CAT's footwells are better than polaris now----Read; ADJUSTABLE!! hehehe, straight bars, although 'laris' look really cheesy with the black rubber cover!!
zrcat

Postby 1fastxc » October 29th, 2001, 4:12 am

I didn't know all sleds were exactly the same.. and grass is the BEST place to determine how good/or bad sleds are. I am so silly, I always thought snowmobiles were for the snow. I guess I should start calling snowmobiles grassmobiles... LOL- sorry boyz but I couldn't resist.

1fastxc

Postby NorthernSkunk » October 29th, 2001, 4:17 am

thats ok 1fastxc you weren't the first to point that out. I see your on a polaris, don't worry you'll catch up eventually.

NorthernSkunk

Next

Return to Trash Talkers