Subscribe Today

Snowgoer December Issue

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Snowgoer December Issue

Postby drifter7 » October 29th, 2001, 3:44 am

Article: Choose Your Weapon-HEAD TO HEAD: 700 PERFORMANCE SPECIALS.
The Verdict
This is a tight bunch of sleds. Close your eyes and throw a snowball into them and you can't go wrong picking whatever sled you hit.
Our choice would be the Ski-doo. It does more things well than the other three. The Doo's ZX chassis is rock solid. The balance of the machine is exceptional and allows for heavier shock valving to better handle the rough stuff while not beating up the rider up.
It corners well in any situation. The precicion skis track through the bumps as well as the do through the smooth trails. The SC-10 III hooks up well but still keeps the skis in contact with the ground. And it has plenty of power. the Rotax 700 twin is a force at drag races.
The appearance of the sled while not as cool as the SXViper, is nice. While not pretty, it has a mean, business-like look that makes a rider feel a little more confident. The race inspired ergos help, too.

Some Article Quotes
Polaris 700-"In the rough and tumble deep moguls it has trouble and will get crossed up.
While the idea of a liquid cooled brake is intriguing, we were bothered by the noise. The whine emmitted by the system is louder than the motor when it is under power.
Unfortunately, the Indy 700 XC SP lacks the rough edges that a performance sled should have. The aggressive ergos are more of an afterthought than a theme on this machine."
SXViper-"The SXViper, while not perfect, is a step in the right direction. It's racy, powerfull motor and balanced chassis layout make up for it's aging suspension design. Unlike the Polaris and Ski-doo, the SXViper perhaps accepts it weaknesses with the knowledge that its many strengths will put it ahead of the pack."
Ski-doo-"One part of the MX z that scared us. Grab the brake when you're going into a corner too hot and one word comes to mind-sponge. We have asked ourselves many times why Ski-doo has this poor brake on it's machines. the kinked lever often pulls back into the riders fingers before it ever starts to grab. Scary. We'd love to overlook the poor brake in favor of all the other things this sled does well, but it is nearly impossible."

Holy cow, I need a job!
drifter7

Snowgoer December Issue

Postby (RYAN) » October 29th, 2001, 3:49 am

So basically their saying polaris sucks.
Well nothing new about that.
(RYAN)

Snowgoer December Issue

Postby NorthernSkunk » October 29th, 2001, 3:51 am

sounds like cats old zr700 could still compete with this bunch hahaha.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Snowgoer December Issue

Postby kenlacy » October 29th, 2001, 4:15 am

So it says "Polaris lacks the rough edges that a performance sled should have" and that's a bad thing?
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Snowgoer December Issue

Postby CatmanZR800 » October 29th, 2001, 4:16 am

Hey Drifter,

Maybe we should start a new post with - "What brand produces the highest hospital bills."

That's a scary article when they started talking about the brakes! I remember reading about that. How do you get frequent buyers when you put them all in a coma?!
WARNING! Cats are meat eaters!
CatmanZR800

Snowgoer December Issue

Postby Luv2sled » October 29th, 2001, 4:16 am

Drifter.....what really makes me wonder about Snowgoer is that just last year they were ranting and raving about he Polaris Edge and here we are one year later and its, "BORING"...hmmm, makes you wonder hugh? When my subscription runs out this year I doubt I'll be renewing. Probably go the snowtech route.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Snowgoer December Issue

Postby Mainecat » October 29th, 2001, 4:17 am

LOL at Skunk bring that TURD back Cat!!!
Aging rear design on the Viper? I thought this was a new from the ground up sled? WTF have we been mislead? LOL
Mainecat

Snowgoer December Issue

Postby NorthernSkunk » October 29th, 2001, 4:20 am

it was boring last year too luv2sled. and you base your magazine buying on what the editors say?
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Snowgoer December Issue

Postby tnt8000 » October 29th, 2001, 4:21 am

and again the mxz 700 comes up on top!
2 sleds
30 000km combined
thats a hell of alot of real world riding!
tnt8000

Snowgoer December Issue

Postby BANDITS SRX » October 29th, 2001, 4:30 am

Mainecat. they said out dated rear sus.! what does that mean? the new cat jut got two way coupling Yamaha has had since 1997! If you have time I can prove they made many changes but i don't think you care to know!
BANDITS SRX

Next

Return to Trash Talkers