Subscribe Today

HELP LITTLE ANDY GET A SLED!!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby CatmanZR800 » November 1st, 2001, 1:08 am

Hey Ken,

Since Halloween is over with, we'll concentrate on that sled of yours now...it'll be "black & blue" after competing with my sled this winter!

Bring it on up to Longville this winter! Romney has plenty of spare Polaris parts for you in his giant garage. LOL!
WARNING! Cats are meat eaters!
CatmanZR800

Postby MM700 » November 1st, 2001, 1:29 am

I would like to see this!!!
MM700

Postby kenlacy » November 1st, 2001, 1:36 am

Catman - That ain't a garage, You and I have garages - He has a Warehouse! How many garages have you seen with 30 foot ceilings? That place is amazing.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby CatmanZR800 » November 1st, 2001, 1:38 am

kenlacy,

Plus having a stucco ceiling in a garage? WTF?
WARNING! Cats are meat eaters!
CatmanZR800

Postby tnt8000 » November 1st, 2001, 2:22 am

little Andy....GEt Yellow... Yellow is the best and its very fast... very fast and good for jumps... plus they go strong, are very flexible and versitile and sk OCR about flexible and versitle...... and i know a kid your age... 555-1212... give her a call lmfao
2 sleds
30 000km combined
thats a hell of alot of real world riding!
tnt8000

Postby ArcticEd » November 1st, 2001, 5:10 am

Bazzer, my CAT spells better than you...............LOL
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby ArcticEd » November 1st, 2001, 5:12 am

Holy s**t, TnT is a PIMP!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby tnt8000 » November 1st, 2001, 5:23 am

yea i pimp kids lmfAO... hahaha so little Andy u gonna give her a call lmfao.... her names ummm well lets see her name will be Jazzika... lmfao.. she sounds real nice doesn't she..
2 sleds
30 000km combined
thats a hell of alot of real world riding!
tnt8000

Postby OldCatRacer » November 1st, 2001, 9:32 am

I'll handle the Jazzika one for Andy. But don't tell his mommy!!!
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Postby Ropepuller » November 1st, 2001, 11:13 am

Andy,

I hope like heck you get one of those little sleds, that way I can invite you, your mom, and maybe even OCR up north for a couple of special races and a whole bunch of fun. Now heres my advice on which one to get. Forget about the yellow one. They have no front suspension, which is actually OK for ice ovals, but you can't get them as low as you would like for good handleing. And if you just wanted to ride or do a Sno-Cross or two no front suspension kinda bites. In stock form the motor can't keep up to the red or green ones either, but I've seen a couple of modified ones run in the Champ class that really haul...eerrr..butt.

Red ones: The red ones are kinda like belly buttons in that most everyone has one. The red ones win alot of ice oval races for a couple of reasons. 1) there are a heck of alot of them out there, so there chances are a little greater, 2) they come with a little smaller driven gear then the green ones and they also don't come with any foam in the airbox, and 3) they are about 23 lbs. lighter then the green one. As far as Sno-Crossing the red one, they do OK, but the green one wins just as much, and holds up a little better. Durability weighs 23 lbs.

The green ones: If OCR can talk you into the green one you gotta make sure you get the right one, or at least update the wrong ones to equal the right ones. The 00 green one was a slug, motor wise. It also had this funky suspension front and rear made with composite leaf springs that have a tendency to break. The fronts actually work pretty well for ice ovals when they are sucked down to about a 1/2" of travel, but the rear skid is a bugger to lower. The 01's came with a more conventional (coil/shock) front end and old big sled cantilever spring skid suspension. The motor was the same as the 00 though with the exception of 500 special build "Sno-Pro" models. This model had a higher output camshaft which woke this little motor up.
The 02 green ones all have this camshaft and should be a good little race or pleasure sled. You could buy the 00 or the 01 standard model and put the good camshaft,valve springs and retainers in it to equal the 01 SP and 02 models. The green company sells them for about $150 for it all. They even sell a suspension upgrade to convert the 00 model which should cost OCR about $350. Some oval associations will let you run the same "stock" gear in the green one as the red one. What was happening last year is that a little plastic govenor gear would break in the green ones and all of a sudden that motor would spin another 700-800 rpm (even with the govenor disabled on the outside). Red people cried foul and made the green ones go back to the orginal gear. Don't worry the green one will still keep up and beat the red one.

I know this is all a bit overwhelming and LONG WINDED, but when you get your sled let me know and I'll give you ALL the SPEED SECRETS, and they're all legal too.

As far as the 7 yr old girl thing, I got a cutie here, only thing she'll scare the bejesus out of ya, I know she does it to me at times. Her 8 yr old brother would like to meet you for some good fun racing though. If you would like any more info or advice just drop us a e-mail @ bud26cc@aol.com and we'll see if we can be of any help.

Ropepuller (Jeff, the windbag)
Thomas (the 8 yr. old)
Kara (the scary 7 yr. old)
[b]When in doubt.....whip it out[/b]
Ropepuller

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers