Subscribe Today

BOYCOTT MARQUETTE AREA!!!!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby MM700 » November 15th, 2001, 9:08 am

I am asking all thrash board riders to boycott the Marquette area, mainly the township of Chocolay.
I just recieved my November issue of Michigan snowmobiler and they have a rather lenghty article on trail closings and snowmobile trail proposals that have been shot down.....Apparently, a group of anti snowmobilers, control what happens in that area and they have made it clear that this is just the begining ..they plan to close more trails and they are quoted as saying that they plan to make it clear that snowmobiles are NOT WELCOME.....The saddest part is the Pro-snowmobiling residents and businesses have sat by and watched, doing nothing....you have to read the article..it will make you angry!!!! Either way the Marquette area will not get any of my money, nor any of my friends snowmobiling money...and I hope none of yours...Some of you out there may dislike what I post from time to time....but on issues like this we need to stick together..and I need your help to get the word out..so please spread the word....a*****eS WHO DO NOT SUPPORT SNOWMOBILING SHOULD NOT RECIEVE OUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!!!!! DO NOT RIDE OR SUPPORT ANY BUSINESSES IN THE MARQUETTE AREA, ESPECIALLY THE TOWNSHIP OF CHOCOLAY..AT LEAST UNTIL THEY PROVE THAT SNOWMOBILERS ARE AGAIN WELCOME THERE.
MM700

Postby NorthernSkunk » November 15th, 2001, 9:22 am

maybe you better talk to those businesses in that area, in case you are jumping to conclusions. Maybe what the area needs is a huge amount of sledders to invade the area and show everyone that sledding is important and does not do all the harm that these groups claim.

I would talk to the businesses myself before boycotting them though.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby SLEDHEADRED » November 15th, 2001, 9:26 am

SKUNK, its a known fact that Marqueete dosent welcome or want sledders.
I ve been being told that for years,a nd last year they had a major section closed, so that shows how much they care!!!
BOYCOTT THERE ASSES I SAY!!I WILL
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Postby BANDITS SRX » November 15th, 2001, 9:30 am

MM700, I think we should ride in this area so they work harder to open more trails in the area. Show them the positive impact on the area when snowmobilers are in town. If you go away the Tree huggers win!
BANDITS SRX

Postby MM700 » November 15th, 2001, 9:36 am

Michigan snowmobiler has done both, and suprisingly..the area businesses didn't really seem to care... I realize this is not all businesses there, but maybe...just maybe if we make enough waves in here the businesses that do care will start to create some heat and take care of their issues in that area....I want to make it clear that I am not trying to hurt the good businesses in that area..but they all need to get off their asses and get to work ...I know Michigan Snowmobiler may be hard to get in Canada...but you have to read the article.
MM700

Postby MM700 » November 15th, 2001, 9:48 am

Bandit, I understand what you are saying..but sometimes snowmobilers need to take care of their own business in their area...which they have not done in the marquette area.... they just sat back and watched the tree huggers and OLD FARTS (who hate snowmobiles) win.....Sorry but after reading the article it sounded to me that the business people and snowmobilers in marquette county need to get off their lazy rear ends...why help those who won't help themselves????

ps when I say old farts I'm talking about those crabby old people who hate everything...you know the ones who have the volume of their T.V. so loud you can hear it next store...yet they b***h about how loud the snowmobiles are on the trail that runs about a 1/2 mile from their house..these are also the same old people who go to every town meeting to complain about anything that we do for recreation...atv's, snowmobiles, motorcycles,boats.
MM700

Postby Snoguy » November 15th, 2001, 10:52 am

Why are they so mad at snowmobilers? Is it the noise or what? I thought that the Marquette area was a good area for sledding. Please fill me in to the Y question, ansewer. thanks for your reply. P.S. I am from green bay, what is your radio call sign and could I get your signal in G.B
Snoguy

Postby MM700 » November 15th, 2001, 11:13 am

sno guy ...you cannot pick up my station in greenbay.....I wanna re print a very small portion of the end of the story in Michigan snowmobiler to give you guys a better idea of what is going on:

"We haven't seen many ideal situations lately, and the prospects of any happening between snowmobilers and the city of Marquette is pretty slim. Any happenings between snowmobilers and the Choclay township are out of the question!!!!
We've presented the very best proposals we are capable of, which will benefit all concerned, and they have all been rejected. We've asked for alternatives and they have not responded. I wonder how many times we must get slapped in the face before we realize that the inhabitants of these two communities do not like us????? They have pulled in the proverbial welcome mat for snowmobilers, and have indicated that we are NOT WELCOME THERE!!! They will tolerate our presence where the law requires it, but will make it impossible for us to have any enjoyment in our visit to their area. Snowmobile activities are not encouraged in Marquette, nor in Choclay Township." (Quoted form Michigan Snowmobiler November 2001 issue)..well what do you think of that!!!!!
MM700

Postby mtntank » November 15th, 2001, 11:42 am

mm700,red i agree with you.those are the same people who trashed alot of the area years ago.dumping pickup loads of trash on the side of the roads.they had no reguard for the land or anything else.They feel guilty now .They think they dont need our revenue,and that sledders are noise and air polluting nusance.Its their piece of ground no one else is welcome.They can keep their hifalutant university ,ski hills,and cram it.I hope the geese have good aim noses in the air make good targets.Its been known how they are there for a long time.DA* dont get me started.BOYCOTT HELL YA.
mtntank

Postby YAMAHA_RULES1 » November 15th, 2001, 11:44 am

They are probably pissed about the CAT sh*t smell!!
YAMAHA_RULES1

Next

Return to Trash Talkers