Subscribe Today

Another Twins vs Triples post

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby CatmanZR800 » December 7th, 2001, 6:43 am

Jeez you guys!

Who gives a flying phuck about the difference between a triple and a twin? It's whatever you like!

You guys got me going through this bottle of Advil like a bag of M&M's!

And now I'm getting nose bleeds too. Oh.....that could be from me head- butting my monitor from reading all this technical stuff. Never mind.
WARNING! Cats are meat eaters!
CatmanZR800

Postby CatRider800 » December 7th, 2001, 6:44 am

ok.. now its time for me to step in. First of all... MM, why would u want less horsepower and weigh more? I used to own a 97 Zrt600 b4 i got my Zr 800, and yes, the zrt had alot of power, but it was heavy! and my Zr weighs less than a Zrt800, my Zr has more HP, and it can get off the line better, it rides nicer... shall i go on? Yea, triples do sound nice... but i would rather weigh less, have the hole shot, and get more HP than a standard triple. Point proved.
Whether its dirt, snow or grass... the Cat still kicks ass!!!
CatRider800

Postby X-Team » December 7th, 2001, 6:50 am

Is this the last year for the Mach Z? Next year I wanna buy a Mach Z (used) or brand new MXZ 500-600... I more want the Mach Z... Cuz all's I really do is Drag down at the lake... that's it... trials arn't that fun to me, they are fun... But i like speed A LOT more... and yes, I like Triples more than twins...
Ski-doo... I Like Snow...
X-Team

Postby straycat » December 7th, 2001, 7:57 am

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT,

first of all let me start out by saying it was early when I wrote this and two my speeling sux!
what I ment by torsionals (corect the spelling) is the harmonic vibrations transfered threw the engine. All engines have them.
two, you may have to forgive me for not understanding this two stroke thing fully. I am still learning it. I build and tweek deisels. in a deisel injection, the most efficant way to combust fuel is to "throttle" it into a cylinder. starting with a large burst of fuel to ignite the burn and then smaller injections to cary the piston threw the power stroke.

and yes I did mean lower gear ratios.
I am just relaying info as it was told to me when I was learning two stroke deisel.
Till the speed overcomes the fear of death!

Long live the cat!
straycat

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers