Subscribe Today

Doo Pro Open Chassis

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Doo Pro Open Chassis

Postby zrcat » December 18th, 2001, 1:38 am

You GOTTA' be kiddin'!! Please be. Nobody in thier right mind...............never mind, I've just answered my own question.
zrcat

Doo Pro Open Chassis

Postby Snotcicles » December 18th, 2001, 1:43 am

When you look at the new sno-pro from the front it looks like one baaaaaad mutha, when you look at it from the rear you realize you are racing on another brand of sled.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Snotcicles

Doo Pro Open Chassis

Postby straycat » December 18th, 2001, 1:44 am

FICHT is an awsome system! It makes cats injection a joke! Don't get me wrong I am a cat loyal but the FICHT tech. is awsome!
I am a marine tech by trade. And let me tell you FICHT is so easy to work on its a joke. It is just like Catapiller ET. Plug a laptop in and you can get all the information you need at the tip of a finger! It will self test, diagnose. Then give you basic info to solve the prob. If you need further info it will even tell you what page in what service manual to look at!
Another thing it would do for DOO is cut down waranty claims. The FICHT will log everything that the engine goes threw. if it overheats. It will tell the tech that. VOID! Overspeed VOID! I am glad to see that FICHT will be put to use since my uncle was one of the engineers who helped desighn it.
Till the speed overcomes the fear of death!

Long live the cat!
straycat

Doo Pro Open Chassis

Postby zrcat » December 18th, 2001, 3:54 am

Straycat, CAT and Polaris are licensed to use Ficht tech. I know CAT has been playing with this for a few years now. There are some problems that reared it's head when used in a snowmobile application a few years back. But I haven't heard anything for a while.
zrcat

Doo Pro Open Chassis

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » December 18th, 2001, 5:15 am

Did i see that right if skidoo builds the open sled for consumers next year Xtreme might be getting one. O hell is xc joking around with us lol i think so. But one thing the open mod skidoo is one sweet looking sled i love it. I first seen it i said whoa thats ugly but the more and more pictures i see of it the more and more i want the d-a-m-n thing
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

Doo Pro Open Chassis

Postby truth » December 18th, 2001, 6:08 am

straycat

If your uncle was one of the engineers to first work with/on FICHT then he should know that Arctic Cat was the FIRST snowmobile company to work with OMC on the FICHT system.

You don't think that Cats EFI system does not have the capability to record overheating or overreving ?

One of the biggest problems with FICHT is the ability to properly regulate fuel over 7600 hundred RPM's or their about.
If you value your freedom thank a Vet.
truth

Doo Pro Open Chassis

Postby straycat » December 18th, 2001, 7:33 am

Look I don't know the spicifics of FICHT. I only know The basics of how to use the program and from what I have been told about it. I don't work with it every day. Remember I am a deisel guy. The goofy gas thing is a little diffrent. But how can the Cat EFI system store and remeber anything when it is batteryless? You need to have some sort of power to opperate the memory. Just my two cents. I do know that FICHT is a very service freindly system and the manus. Would be fools not to use it.
Till the speed overcomes the fear of death!

Long live the cat!
straycat

Doo Pro Open Chassis

Postby tcat2 » December 18th, 2001, 7:50 am

I don't know .... I think the "Ugly award" is a toss-up. Yhere is a lot of "Ugly" in those new race sleds. But ... if they work ....
Long Live the Tripples !!!!
tcat2

Doo Pro Open Chassis

Postby Big Native » December 18th, 2001, 9:43 am

So what if they tried it first. They obviously failed. Are you proud of that too?
Big Native

Doo Pro Open Chassis

Postby 2k2mxz6 » December 18th, 2001, 9:50 am

It is an ugly looking sled,cross between a Ck3 Chassis,A.D Snow Hawk,and a watercraft,but as long as it is quite alot lighter,handles great,and is durable who cares would take one probably in about 4 years when my sled feels like a boat anchor.
2k2mxz6

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers