Subscribe Today

Vipers are junk!!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby Straightliner » January 2nd, 2002, 11:54 pm

Take a 600x cluched to the tee and run 700x box stock clutching. Both 192 studs 660 ft 600x cleans up. Then clutch the 700x the same 600x gets blowen out of the water. I own 700x and 800x. Last week 38 guys came to race. The 700x stock! just clutched. Cleaned I am talking 660 ft 2 2001 Thunder cats 3 2002 800 mxz 3 2002 800 efi zrs 1 800x polaris and 1 2002 800 Mach Z every sled 192 studs who ever got hole shot with Mach Z driver weighted 140 my weight 180 took race. I am sure on top end all those sleds will beat the 700x this sled is running out of class it does not have to win. That day my 700x and 800x took 2 first place. You guys that think you run good now with those 700x dial them in you will be very happy. As far as Yamaha goes I think the workmanship is the best on the market.
Straightliner

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby pearson » January 3rd, 2002, 2:45 am

Wow Mainecat, thanx for the endoresment!! I agree, I didn't buy one to race, I now have 650 miles on my sled and no problems still, I don't know what you guys are talking about with the motors going on them, mine runs great from the minute a had 1 mile to now. As for a 99 XCSP700 taking my sled I know first hand it definitly will not, my brother has one and who I do most of my riding with, it's not even close- maybe to 30-40 mph after that I lose him, maybe these guys are just beating the phuck out of them when they are brand new and not breaking them in right the motors are getting toasted, I ran 3 tanks of gas with 8 ounces of Yamalube in the tank and it's fine and the sled seems to be getting faster. The only thing I don't like about the sled is you have to give it gas to start it when it's warm.
pearson

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby straycat » January 3rd, 2002, 4:17 am

Just to throw in my 2 cents,
The Viper is not JUNK. I think that It is a well built sled. It is the perfect sled for Joe Blow trail rider that want a TRAIL sled. It sounds good, is not overly loud, and is dependable as long as they are maintaned and broken in PROPERLY.
As far as Yahmy always beimg behind.... Yes they are. But then again Japanise companys generaly are Behind puting the technoligy ON THE MARKET. I work with a Japanise engine OEM. And I tell you what. They always hold back on something for general market use till they get the bugs out of them. They very rarly put a "bomb" on the market. AND as far as blowing things up goes. I find that 90% of the time I can trace the failure back to the the owner.
Another thing the japanise OEMs will do is detune there products for general market use. This is to insure dependability. If you pipe, port, Clutch, and tweek a viper I am sure that you can realy find a lot of horse power. BUT you sacrafice dependability.
I also don't mean this as a slam to the Japanise, But They rarly have a new idea. As I was told by one of my japanise co-workers "We don't INVENT anything. We just PERFECT the inventions." And they do. This is also part of the reson they are behind in puting things on the market.
I am a Cat guy threw and threw but man I hate to see a good product get slamed.

*This Message was edited on 03-Jan-02 09:24 AM by straycat*
Till the speed overcomes the fear of death!

Long live the cat!
straycat

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby 700edge_x » January 3rd, 2002, 4:39 am

Man it sure didn't seem to tough cleaning my exhaust valves, unless it is tough for you to take two bolts out and pull the whole simple exhaust valve assembly out. I dont even run ves oil. I just run the regular polaris oil, and the werent't even too carboned up. It took me about ten minutes to clean both sides. Its just simple maintnance.
700edge_x

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby Trail_Snail » January 3rd, 2002, 12:24 pm

If Yamaha sucks so bad then why do you guys act like you just beat Tiger Woods in the masters by 8 strokes if you beat one in a race.
newbe for life lol
Trail_Snail

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby yamageek » January 3rd, 2002, 12:30 pm

pearson, all the other guys that i have talked to (fellow viper owners) have to give a little throttle to start. at least they are consistent.
yamageek

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby NorthernSkunk » January 3rd, 2002, 1:01 pm

vipers don't enter any real(sanctioned) races. And I don't think anyone gets overly excited about beatin them out on the trails. Most of us feel sorry for the viper owners.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby yamaha-sucks » January 3rd, 2002, 1:26 pm

OUCH!
yamaha-sucks

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby yamaha-sucks » January 3rd, 2002, 1:26 pm

OUCH!
yamaha-sucks

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby Trail_Snail » January 3rd, 2002, 6:49 pm

I have a new sx600r, it's my first sled. I like it. Others are faster but I'm ok with that. I know brand bashing is funny but I don't see anyone braging about beating a cat, doo or pol. Was it all the hype from Yamaha that got you guys all worked up, and ready to put all Yamaha owners in thier place?
newbe for life lol
Trail_Snail

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers