Subscribe Today

Vipers are junk!!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby 700edge_x » January 1st, 2002, 11:37 am

I got a chance to drag race one of them new vipers today with my 02 700 xc. It wasn't even a close race. I blew him away on the start, and after we got to the end of the half mile field, I would have to say I had about a 5 sled length lead. Them things are way over-rated! Then I got a chance to look underneath the hood on that thing, and there is so much s**t krammed in there! I would hate to have to work on one of them. The only cool thing on them is the digital speedometer. The rest of the sled is pretty much s**t!
700edge_x

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby Powder Monkey » January 1st, 2002, 11:43 am

I beat one with my 600 XC sp yeaterday. Vipers sound cool though.
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby 2002XCSP700 » January 1st, 2002, 12:00 pm

I'm very impressed with the power and acceleration on these new xc 700's. My buddy's got a 01 t-cat, Just for s**ts and giggles we raced in a field....We both were suprise when we were side by side up to 95mph, But then he pulled away...But Polaris got my vote with this sled. I just might keep this for 2 years!!...That will be a first! 700...How do you like yours?
[blue]2002xcsp700 Edge[yellow]X[yellow] [blue] with reverse[blue][yellow]///////////////////////////////[yellow]
[yellow]POLARIS # 1[yellow][blue]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
[blue]

[blue][b]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[b][blue]
[yellow][b]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[b][yellow]
[blue]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[blue]
[yellow]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[yellow]

[red][i]When you feel the need for speed[i][red] [blue]......[b]Ride a POLARIS!![b][blue]
[green]///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[green]
[red]/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[red]
[yellow]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[yellow]
[blue]////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[blue]
[purple]//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[purple]
2002XCSP700

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby p-ryde42 » January 1st, 2002, 12:39 pm

You guys are so funny. If you both don't have the same stud set up the guy with the better studding will win. I rode a SRX700 the other day with ice picks and radar speed was 116.8 mph the fastest XCR800 was 112.1 mph. this was in 4/10 of a mile. The snpwmobiles with Ice picks would kill the guys with trail studs. Most vipers were running around 108 mph on radar that day. they were faster then the XC700 that was at the lake. The fast guy of the day was a t-cat at 119.6 mph.
p-ryde42

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby pearson » January 1st, 2002, 12:58 pm

I got a Viper and hate to tell you I raced a 02 XC700, honestly he gets 2 sled lengths off the start and I catch right back up at about 65-70mph and then they are neck and neck with the Viper pulling away over 100mph. I raced it 3 times with the results the same everytime. And you start out by saying that they are junk, why? You don't say any reasons why?? Go back to amsnow you phuckin mutant and leave the posting to people who have a clue......................
pearson

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby 700edge_x » January 1st, 2002, 1:10 pm

The viper that I raced was stone stock, and so is my 700. Jeeze that is awesome that you stayed with that thunder cat. Them things are 1000cc triple. That just shows you that polaris has these 700s dialed in. I absolutely love mine. It has such good throttle response, and low end power. Its also nice and quiet. This new edge chasis is an absolute dream too. Today I was flying along through a ditch, and it was cloudy out so it was hard to see the snow drifts. Here theres an approach with a drift on the other side and a big ass drop off on the other side of the drift, and I launched it off of that. I was like man is this going to hurt, but that suspension soaked it up perfectly. I would have to say that it is the ultimate ditch banger. Its light, has excellent suspension, explosive power, comfortable erognomics, and doesnt use much gas. Its not lacking anything.
700edge_x

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby 700edge_x » January 1st, 2002, 1:22 pm

Ya know why I called it junk, ITS BECAUSE IT GOT ITS ASS KICKED BY A 700 TWIN!!! I guess I dont know what happened between you and that xc, but all I know is that both sleds were stock, and the polaris totally kicked ass.
700edge_x

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby p-ryde42 » January 2nd, 2002, 7:49 am

700edge x, where do you live? We can meet in WI and see how fast your 700 is on a lake.
p-ryde42

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby PRO-X » January 2nd, 2002, 8:01 am

No No No...Vipers are way over rated!!! Yesterday at the local pond I raced my 99 xc 700 against the new Viper. The viper had me by a sled or two in 500 feet but he has brand new studs and mine are a year and a half old. That kinda tells the story on ice, but anyways...I flew by it at about 800 feet and had at least 2 sleds on it at a thousand feet.If a 99 xc700 can beet it, i know the new VES would whip it ass.
"Im not tailgating......Im drafting"
PRO-X

Vipers are junk!!!

Postby 96VmaxXT » January 2nd, 2002, 8:38 am

Not that it matters a whole hell of a lot but you are racing TOP PERFORMENCE sleds against a TRAIL PERFORMANCE sled o yea guys I kinda forgot about that little detail you know.
[blue]Total Damage $4400 US, Aslong as I'm not hurt its ok! YEA RIGHT![/blue]
[blue]
[url=http://hometown.aol.com/n1ke1113/myhomepage/profile.html]THE TRASHED 96 V Max Xt[/url][/blue]
96VmaxXT

Next

Return to Trash Talkers