Subscribe Today

Polaris engines!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Polaris engines!!

Postby 700edge_x » January 6th, 2002, 1:58 pm

Has anyone ever wondered why no other brand has been able to match the power and performance of the polaris variable exhaust twin engine? Since 2000 when polaris put ves in the 600 no other brand has had that good of engine. It seems like every magazine I read, say that the 600 xc will keep right up with most 700s. Now they say the 700 xc with ves is keeping up with the 800s. I believe it. What do you guys think? I think that other brands need to do some work to their engines. I drove a 2000 zr 600, and i could not belive how weak that engine was compared to the 2000 600 xc. People also say that cat has got such a good chassis and suspension package, but after riding that though i was glad i ride a polaris.
700edge_x

Polaris engines!!

Postby ZRT800 » January 6th, 2002, 3:20 pm

Careful what you say! Sounds like Cat will shove your words down your throat & out your *** very soon!! You know Cat doesn't like to lose, especially to Polaris. I agree Cat has fallen behind with their 6 lately, but enjoy it while you can!!
Who said Cats can't swim?!?
ZRT800

Polaris engines!!

Postby Xtreme XC » January 6th, 2002, 3:38 pm

Yup, Pol's 600 runs with others 700's. Pol's 700 runs with others 800's. And I will tell you that Pol's 800 with a SLP single pipe and V-Force reeds will beat a '02 ZR800 with SLP twin pipes, SLP head set on 165psi with 110 racing fuel, V-force reeds and reed spacers. Yup... the XC8 is mine and raced my buddy on grass basically (1" of snow) today with good results!

BTW, I weigh 50lbs more than him also.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Polaris engines!!

Postby Xtreme XC » January 6th, 2002, 3:39 pm

BTW as far as Pol's 600...... the market is STILL trying to get over that one!
Xtreme XC

Polaris engines!!

Postby X-Team » January 6th, 2002, 3:55 pm

I'm gonna admit... after this year, Polaris is my new second favorite company... used to be Cat... but now, if Ski-doo went out of business, I'd go for Polaris... All's Polaris needs is a Blair Morgan, or a Justin Tate, or a Tucker type racer, and watch, you'll see, Polaris is gonna eventually be some real competition soon! :) I'm glad to see it I have to admit!
Ski-doo... I Like Snow...
X-Team

Polaris engines!!

Postby zrcat » January 7th, 2002, 2:25 am

Friggin' bunch of sallys. Polaris' 700 will only run with polaris' 800. Laris' 800 is still weak compared to the CAT and DOO. Polaris 600 run with others 700? don't know, CAT doesn't have a 700, yet. CAT's 600efi gave chase to the xc600 in a very close battle. Dyno #'s say they are only a few hp from each other......It's time you 'laris guys stop lipping the past and see what's happening now...Polaris is at thier end here for a bit. CAT and doo have new engines on the way. What's polaris gonna do then, re-tool??! I don't think so, thier engines are fairly new and I'm sure thier tooling still isn't paid for yet!!
Polaris should ride pretty good, they have a CAT from the bars back to the flap.
zrcat

Polaris engines!!

Postby ChrisXCR » January 7th, 2002, 2:41 am

Zrcat, the big block 600 and 700 twins (which were right near, if not the top of their classes when they came out) were only a couple seasons old when the small block 600 was released. I'm sure as hard as Doo and Cat are working on new motors, Polaris is working on some new stuff as well. Plus I'm sure there is even more in the current motor. Most likely a new motor from Doo or Cat will take a year to get sorted out. So figure a year or two before Polaris really needs to step up anyway. :)
:p

For sale:
'01 [red]Pro[/red][blue]X[/blue]600

[b]REV 440 #600[/b]
ChrisXCR

Polaris engines!!

Postby straycat » January 7th, 2002, 3:03 am

Funny! I do beleive that the poopo may have beeten a cat 600. MAYBE. But here is the hang up. We all know polaris and doo build there own engines. Cat out sources theres.
Doo has the money, the people, and the ability to change there tooling anytime they feel like they need to, too keep up with the competition.
Cat on the other hand, can go to there engine supplier (suzuki) And request that a particular anything be changed. The engine OEM has no prob. doing this for a multi-million dollar account. Thus They can make improvements with out shelling out major$$$$$$$
Polaris, They will be stuck holding there peice of .....metal.... (what did you think I was going to say lol:) till they can find it to change the tooling.
If it is true. enjoy it. because it will not last long!
Till the speed overcomes the fear of death!

Long live the cat!
straycat

Polaris engines!!

Postby Paul_Aris » January 7th, 2002, 3:03 am

Cat this and Cat that. The people on this site or more brand biased than anybody I have ever seen. The XC800 MXZ800 and ZR800 are all comparable. You results in your area may not be the same everywhere.
[img]http://www.gobigparts.com/Assets/Go%20Big%20Logorevb.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.gobigparts.com]http://www.gobigparts.com[/url]
Paul_Aris

Polaris engines!!

Postby Xtreme XC » January 7th, 2002, 3:16 am

Hey zrcat! Pol's 800 weak? Here's yesterday's results at our local "grass drags" that a few of us locals got together and ran (well, we do have 1" of snow).

Sled#1... My XC800, SLP single and can with SLP air horn kit and V-Force reeds

Sled#2... Buddy of mines '02 ZR8 with SLP twins, V-force reeds, reed spacers and PSI head set to 165psi... BTW, he is 50lbs lighter than me.

He would get me by about a sledlength at 250-300' but then I would pull on him and pass him at 600' (we had about 700' to run before having to shut down). We came back to the starting spot where everyone else was standing and the one guy says "Well, who's fast" and my buddy says "Well, Buddy just blew right by me!". We ran several times with the same results. There was a guy out there with a stock '01 MXZ800 and had him by 3 sleds and another guy with a stock '01.5 Renegade 800 and pulled on him by even more.

And as far as Pol's riding good, you need to swap that statment about Pol being a Cat from handlbars back... Cat's suspension it a take off of Pol's. There was a lawsuit about that back in '97 when Cat introduced their "new" suspension. Oh yeah, and let's not forget the coupling blocks on the new Cat's, and Pol's are at least adjustable.

WAD!!! LOL

Any snow over by you yet? I heard some of PA was hit with a few inches... I'm jealeous!!

*This Message was edited on 07-Jan-02 08:18 AM by Xtreme XC*
Xtreme XC

Next

Return to Trash Talkers