Subscribe Today

Four stroke trashing..why ???

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby MM700 » January 9th, 2002, 9:52 pm

Is it just because Yamaha is coming out with one that will not only clean every brands 4 strokes clocks, but beat most of the two strokes on the market ???? I'll bet if Polaris or Cat was doing the same thing (which they are not)..you guys wouldn't be so sharp with your tongues...what's the matter a little jealous, or just plain scared...which is it guys ??? Or do you guys still have a Viper headache ??? LMAO !!!!
MM700

Postby ArcticEd » January 9th, 2002, 10:25 pm

Y'know, if they made Yamaha cigarettes, you probably smoke 'em......I wanna see the 125 mph woundersled, and I'll tell ya what, if THIS new mechanical marvel doesn't live up to the hype better than the last one did, what are you going to do to explain THAT away????

[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby Mainecat » January 9th, 2002, 10:39 pm

MM.... I think we all will be riding 4 strokes in 5 years and we will be happy. As for the Yamaha 4 stroke bashing .... show me the sled! Right now its the Yamaha owners fantasy! The Yamaha 4 stroke bashing is because of the Viper hype from last year. Don't forget 4 strokes were brought to you by Cat in the 70's. Cat has a production 4 stroke that consumers like me and you have been able to ride in the real world for 2 seasons. I know its a 45hp sled but its here and the Yamaha is not. When it is released I will be the judge of it then. Just think of owning a fast 4 stroke. Change the oil once a season, better fuel mileage, quiet and the sled will last for 50,000 miles whats not to like about that? Kinda like the sledmakers are puttin a stake in their own heart as far as repeat buyers every few years go.
Think of what it will do to all the 2 stroke oil companies? Just my 2 cents.
Mainecat

Postby MM700 » January 9th, 2002, 10:42 pm

Better than the last one???? There is nothing wrong with the Viper, have you ridden one, or are you just a magazine reader/bench racer....I think it lived up to it's "HYPE", it does what it's supposed to do....I can't help it, if you Cat guys gotta compare it to an 800, because you don't make a 700, or compare it to a sno cross sled or cross country race sled...which it is not and never claimed to be....Hype or no Hype I think you will be very surprised at what is coming out.
MM700

Postby OldCatRacer » January 9th, 2002, 11:02 pm

Too much caffine again MM??? Yes what my Cat buddies say. LOL at Ed on the cig thing. I hope that Yamaha has a beast like this. It would be good for the snow world. I would'nt mind one of those four stroke Cats. Just putt along all day. I would consider entering a cross country race for 4-strokes. Now play some good tunes MM!!!
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Postby MM700 » January 9th, 2002, 11:11 pm

I think it's neat that Yamaha is stirring the pot, it's good for the whole sport...what the hell are the environmentalist going to say about the new four strokes...too much polution???...Too much noise???? Hey OCR..how about a little Deep Purple, Smoke on the Water.. in honor of our two strokes...lol
MM700

Postby Luv2sled » January 9th, 2002, 11:21 pm

MM...I agree with you buddy. I could care less what the rest of the anti four stroke pea brains have to say. I'm more interested in shoving these four strokes up the grenn weenies asses!
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby OldCatRacer » January 10th, 2002, 12:04 am

Hey Luv, I'll just pull over on my four stroke Cat. Come to think about it I have fell off sleds racing way faster than it will go.(60 mph)
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Postby Captain » January 10th, 2002, 12:17 am

MM, the viper has not lived up to its hype. In fact it was doomed right from the start with all the HUGE claims that Yamaha made. Don't you guys understand that Yamaha makes these claims and you buy into them only to be sold short?
Man, If I bought a sled based on the claim it had 18hp more than the sxr700 (putting it at about 132hp) and then it comes in at 122!? That's failure one. Then the bump champ thing. Well, we all know the answer to that one, failure two. Next comes the fit and finish. If I had to "trim" my hood and belly pan on a $7000 piece of machinery I would be furious! Failure Three.
The point of this is Yamaha does this to you guys all the time and you are dumb enough to buy into only to be brought down to reality when the truth comes out.
If they make a 4 stroke that screams. Great. They failed at making a two stroke scream so what makes you think they will succeed here?
Captain

Postby Mainecat » January 10th, 2002, 12:25 am

MM Yamaha has NOT stirred the pot yet. As for us comparing the 700 Viper to the Cat 800 well its because of the HYPE the Yamaha guys put on it last year. They all said it would beat the 800's. THIS YEAR you are doing it again with a 125 hp 4 stroke. When we trash it when it is released at 90 hp you guys give us a hard time? LOL
Mainecat

Next

Return to Trash Talkers