Subscribe Today

My answer to the four stroke

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby MXZinger » January 16th, 2002, 5:38 am

"How about smoke and pollution? Make the comparison in three areas. Compare any carbureted two-stoke engine to a four-stroke of like horsepower and the four-stroke is the unquestioned winner. Add EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) to the mix and the two-stroke improves just a bit but the four-stroke still wins, going away."

"The newer DFI (Direct Fuel Injected) two-strokes are a different ball of wax. They rival the four-stroke in several different categories within which they were unable to compete previously, fuel economy is one of those categories"

DFI is the way. WHo wants to phuck with valves and chit?
Trash Talkers: Home of the "Count the dead Arctic Cats contest"
MXZinger

Postby Luv2sled » January 16th, 2002, 5:58 am

I'm betting Yamaha (as well as the others) have pondered that comparison at some point in time. Granted they (Yamaha) probably know just a tad bit more than you or I do on the subject, I can only conclude that they came to the conclusion that the 4-Stroke was the future of sledding. See you later 2-strokes DFI and all!
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby KneeDeepInSnow » January 16th, 2002, 7:33 am

I think that if all cars go hydrogen or somthing...Dfi will work fine....
cars are a major source of pollution and if they pretty much stop using gasoline then burning a bit of gas isn't such a big deal....
snowmobiles are loved for there simplicity...4strokes are a mess of more complicated stuff which means more money to dealers and you cant work on them as much at home
what happens to reacing/hill climb if they all go 4 stroke ?
I thonk 4 stoke is a big step and a big improvement...bat 2 strokes rule....they weigh so much less ......
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/KDX250/SDbrbr.jpg[/IMG]
[b][i][blue]DAYS GET SHORTER, SNOW GETS DEEPER, LIFE GETS BETTER[/blue][/i][/b]
KneeDeepInSnow

Postby straycat » January 16th, 2002, 7:58 am

Four strokes realy are not that complicated. You guys are just afraid that you won't be able to pull parts off of your weed whackers! SUCK IT UP!!! Wait till you see the performance deisels!!!!!!! Still to come, but not for a few more years.
Till the speed overcomes the fear of death!

Long live the cat!
straycat

Postby PolarisIndy » January 16th, 2002, 10:01 am

Performance Diesels..... LOL, gimme a break... Never happen in a sled.... We will have electric sleds before Diesels....

I love diesels in there element, however a sled is NOT a good element for a diesel. A truck, tractor, semi, etc... Good element for a diesel.
PolarisIndy

Postby M10rules » January 16th, 2002, 12:09 pm

4-strokes (and diesels) have great potential for HP. Right now there is a few different manufacturers (BMW & Cummins in know for sure) working on removing the camshaft and using elctronic valves. Last I heard BMW had them running 7000 rpm reliably. This can give them more low-end grunt, top-end power, longer life, lower emmisions,and improved fuel economy when used with digital ignition and EFI.
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby OldCatRacer » January 16th, 2002, 1:42 pm

I told everyone 2 weeks ago on a post about the diesel power sled. I could see a Pantera with a diesel smoking down the trails. LOL!!! You could pull three or more Cat Cutters at a time. hehehe
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Postby PowDar » January 16th, 2002, 2:05 pm

Hell, you could pull either [b]one cat[/b] or [b]one RX-1[/b] with that thing! :)
----------------------------
I can't think of a good signature so this will have to do for now.
PowDar

Postby MXZinger » January 17th, 2002, 12:20 am

Hey Powdar was that with the fat slob on the cat or without? I don't think EPA would care for a Phucking diesel.Nor would I. Two strokes are not going anywhere.
Trash Talkers: Home of the "Count the dead Arctic Cats contest"
MXZinger

Postby 2k2mxz6 » January 18th, 2002, 5:31 am

Diesels are the about as environmentally friendly as a barn full of chicken $hit.Diesels are for people who wanna be a benny big rigger and can't,just like why I bought a mxz to look and dream I am Morgan.Diesels are junk.....rattling,smoking,and polluting junk.O.K boys let the slamming begin.
2k2mxz6

Return to Trash Talkers