Subscribe Today

Hey Prusak.....

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Hey Prusak.....

Postby Jekyll » February 6th, 2002, 8:05 am

Here it is....... Address for Winning Edge

Winning Edge Magazine
P.O. Box 798
Farwell, MI 48622

(989) 588-9213

Jekyll

Hey Prusak.....

Postby kawicat » February 6th, 2002, 8:09 am

i will call them tomorrow,

thanks
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

Hey Prusak.....

Postby Jekyll » February 6th, 2002, 9:07 am

John T.,

Hey not just seizing the moment to bash you and your magazine staff, but there is a entire segement out there you guys are turning you back on (vintage racing). I myself have contacted one of you staff editors in October and was told in no uncertian terms where you guys stand on issues of racing other than snow-cross.

Winning Edge is in fact meeting the needs of its subscribers and they are getting my business.

Jekyll
Jekyll

Hey Prusak.....

Postby mx6 » February 6th, 2002, 11:29 am

I agree , I would like to see more vintage sled type things. Pics, race results,past and present along with some history of the race sleds.70's mostly along with late sixties and early eighty's.
Stewart Selid
mx6

Hey Prusak.....

Postby kawicat » February 6th, 2002, 12:43 pm

obiviously, he has never seen the awesome vintage history stories that supertrax puts out. now there is good reading, not how someone dislikes a sled because the handwarmer switches are to hard to turn or are in the wrong place. i don't even have handwarmers on my sleds, and if i did i wouldn't care where the switches were!

did the winning edge cover eagle river???

...i couldn't help myself.

*This Message was edited on 06-Feb-02 05:45 PM by kawicat*
kawicat

Hey Prusak.....

Postby 580440 » February 6th, 2002, 1:49 pm

It would be nice if snowweek covered more than just the pro races. The only press they give to the sport classes is the 2 lines they print to say who came in 1,2,3. They need get back to the roots of racing because if you have no sport riders you will end up with no pros.
brad willemsen

Hey Prusak.....

Postby maxiracer » February 7th, 2002, 6:40 am

John or Blake, just refreshing this topic to keep it at the top. Can you give us a answer?
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Hey Prusak.....

Postby kawicat » February 7th, 2002, 7:04 am

they won't answer, they are too scared!
kawicat

Hey Prusak.....

Postby ATV News moderator » February 7th, 2002, 9:06 am

Well guys, you have really opened a can of worms here. But, I will try.

First, if you haven't already noticed, John Prusak isn't the editor anymore. He got a promotion (HA) and is now nothing more than a "suit" upstairs. Eric Skogman is the editor of Snow Week and Snow Goer now, and I am the managing editor.

Here's the real issue. No matter what we cover, someone is going to be unhappy. The reason we didn't cover vintage racing at Eagle River is that it happened on Wed, and our staff didn't arrive at the track until Thursday. We have the results, and will be publishing them in Snow Week this season.

As far as covering more Sport classes, we only have so much space to work with. I agree that today's sport racers will become tomorrow's Pros, but until they get there, they are going to have to wait to get some ink. It sucks, but that is how it goes. It's the same everywhere. How much Formula 3000 coverage is there compared to Formula 1? How much Busch series coverage is there compared to Winston Cup? You have to go where the majority is, and right now, like it or not, the majority is interested in Pro snocross. I think that oval, vintage, and enduro racing are all on the rise. And we're trying to get more of everything.

Another aspect hat plays a huge role is timing.
For example, there is plenty of good racing in the next couple weeks, but we don't have another Snow Week until Mid-March. Not many people want to read about a race that took place a month ago.

I hope this helps answer your questions. As always, we appreciate your feedback. We may not always be able to satisfy everybody, but we'll at least try to tell you why.

Blake
ATV News moderator

Hey Prusak.....

Postby NorthernSkunk » February 7th, 2002, 9:38 am

All it would take is another page or two to be able to give some other classes some ink would it not. What would a couple more pages cost.

I have said this before but I'll say it again. Beausejour will be holding the 40th season of their races. If that accomplishment doesn't deserve some major ink in snowweek then I'm gonna start thinking that the sledmakers have more pull at snowweek than the actual races themsleves have. Beausejour is the longest running race and deserves a pat on the back from all the mags and sledmakers. Should be a heck of a show in march, need anyone to cover it for you JP?
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers