Subscribe Today

Blake Stranz Another illiberal college Boy

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby truth » February 10th, 2002, 11:15 pm

Blake Stranz
Snowmobile News
Tuesday February 5, 2002 From latest headlines on front page

"We've seen factories tease consumers with nifty features developmental race sleds,"

Oh really , Blake Stranz ,
without dwelling on developments in the 60,s ,slide rail suspension and coupled slide rail suspensions that's right read "coupled" in 1968, 69,70 ,and 71. That being before any other company had slide rail suspension, Revited aluminum chassis, etc. etc. etc.

and then In the 70's rear scissors, etc. etc. etc.

And then in the 80's Heat exchanger tunnel protector etc. etc. etc.

But we will Jump right to the `90,s
Unequaled Double A arms front suspension,
1) AWS 1
2) AWS 2
3) AWS 3
4) AWS 4
5) AWS 5
6) AWS 6
7) rack steering with CRC,

8&9) extruded aluminum bulkhead for less and centralized weight

Some products used on Cats race snowmobiles were not built by, but were giving the idea and specs to companies to be built for Arctic Cat.
Hence there introduction, the companies Ride RX , Fox, Camoplast, to snowmobiles.
10&11) camoplast tracks, 14" x 1.37", and the 13.5 x 128 many of which were designed by Arctic Cat for racing and use on consumer snowmobiles
13) Gas bagged shocks,
14) high pressure re-buildable gas shocks,
15) Remote reservoirs with clicker settings
16) C&A skies first used by Cat on the ZR's. designed by Dale Cormican, (the man who won the Winnipeg to St. Paul race two consecutive times twice!) are a near mirror image of the skis use on the late `60s early `70s Panthers, of which he used.

17&18) (D.A.T.) duel angle tunnel and torque sensing link combined equals 3.5 inches more travel,

19) straight and wider handle bars.
20) roller clutch system
21) peanut shaped carburetors,
22) taller adjustable handle bars,
23) wider and braced running boards,
24&25) digital E.F.I. And B.E.F.I.
26)throttle position sensor (T.P.S.)
27)pipe temperature sensor, (E.T.P.S.)
28) Cross Link suspension
29) Pass through front tourk arm which polaris is using for the 1st time this year

30) Rail supports and or doublers which polaris is using for the 1st time this year
same thing with #10 polaris(Pro-liers) me to also

31) Quick adjust limiter

So tell me MR. B.S. writer
what has Polaris and Ski-Doo put on their consumer snowmobiles that has come off of THEIR (Not Arctic Cats) developmental race sleds???except for No. 9 above

"but recently, we've also witnessed manufacturers offering nearly complete race platforms to consumers. The Polaris Pro X models and Ski-Doo MX Z X package machines immediately jump to mind"

why is it Polaris's pro x models and ski doo's mx z x models immediately jump to mind and not the Arctic Cat models???

"Now with Cat's new Firecat, they too enter the racer-replica market."

Now with Cats new Firecats they too enter the racer -replica market ?
Huh?
So what the hell are the Z R's?

Even before the 93 zr's ,Cat built there consumer machines via race bred machines.
(ie) 92 jag special basically a full on racer. unlike the competition who built trail machines and then beefed them up for racing.

GOD it's good to be back home!
If you value your freedom thank a Vet.
truth

Postby ATV News moderator » February 11th, 2002, 1:28 am

First of all, you are absolutely correct! I did go to college, and I am not a liberal. I'm a conservative.

On the sleds, I stand by what I said. Cat has introduced bits and pieces of their race sleds on consumer sleds for years. So have Ski-Doo and Polaris and Yamaha.

But what we are seeing now is basically race-kitted machines with different engines.

Truth, your track record on this board prove that you have no objectivity. You are a dyed-in-the-wool Cat fanatic. No matter what we say, we're wrong if we don't kiss Cat's ass.

We can't win either way, so we'll have to just keep telling the "TRUTH".

ATV News moderator

Postby Luv2sled » February 11th, 2002, 1:33 am

Powersports......"I'm a conservative".......me too, makes you wonder is there is such a thing as "liberal snowmobiler"? Isn't that an oxymoron?
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby NYSonic » February 11th, 2002, 1:34 am

Hehehehehe get him moderator!!! lol.
There's a fine line between fishing, and standing on shore looking like an idiot.
NYSonic

Postby maxiracer » February 11th, 2002, 1:50 am

Wow, lots of neat data....yawn...maybe you could explain how the 68 through 70 slide was coupled? And I am interested in the mystery arctic race sleds of 85 through 89, I thought the 90 ext special was the first race ready sled since the 79 cross country el tigre? And didn't the Doo 84 MX pro-stock lead to the successful Fromula Plus and MX of the mid 80's? And didn't Polaris offer the indy 500 SP with fox shocks before Cat built the EXT special? Just curious, why do you hate the other brands soooo much? It's not healthy...
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby ATV News moderator » February 11th, 2002, 2:20 am

Maxi, are you trashing me or "Truth"??

Blake
ATV News moderator

Postby maxiracer » February 11th, 2002, 2:27 am

Hi Blake, No I'm trashing Truth, this guy is always spouting how cat was 1st with this or that, a lot of what he says is true, but the way he goes about it makes me see red. If I wanted to trash you, I pester you on "vintage" coverage...hey! don't you have money to make!!! hehehe ;)
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby truth » February 11th, 2002, 3:07 am

B.S./moderator
I am also a conservative,
I am baffled, if you did go to college how is it you get liberal #1 (meaning favoring governmental resources to effect social progress.)or
#2 [respectful of the ideas or behavior of others). Out of the word illiberal meaning
#1 (narrow minded) and/or
2# (prejudice) ?

"On the sleds, I stand by what I said. Cat has introduced bits and pieces of their race sleds on consumer sleds for years." No duh!

"So have Ski-Doo and Polaris and Yamaha."

what has Polaris and Ski-Doo put on their consumer snowmobiles that has come off of THEIR (Not Arctic Cats) developmental race sleds???except for No. 9 above

If you can't tell me maybe there are Polaris and Ski- Doo people who can?

why is it Polaris's pro x models and ski doo's mx z x models immediately jump to mind and not the Arctic Cat models???

I realy want to know!

MR.B.S. writer?
So what the hell are the Z R's?

If you value your freedom thank a Vet.
truth

Postby kawicat » February 11th, 2002, 3:44 am

holy sh!t!

and i thought that i went overboard with my vintage posts. this guy went ape not on what you cover, but right at you personally. that deserves an "advanced" trashing. hit where it hurts.

get 'em powersports.

well, i have to go there is money to be made, lol!

[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

Postby ATV News moderator » February 11th, 2002, 3:54 am

The point is, while Cat has given bits and pieces over the years, 2003 is the first year that consumers can buy essentially the same machine as the racer. Polaris and Doo fans could do it last year, thats why the reference is in there.

I'm not talking about what technology was supposedly "stolen" from Cat. I'm also not talking about technology that is 40 years old.

I don't know why you are so upset, honestly. You act as if I don't think that the Firecat is a good sled. I think it's going to be an awesome sled. I have ridden the Sno Pro and it is an incredible machine.
ATV News moderator

Next

Return to Trash Talkers