Subscribe Today

CAT SHOWED DOO UP!!!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

CAT SHOWED DOO UP!!!!

Postby PolarisIndy » February 26th, 2002, 5:20 am

I still say Cat's site SUCKS!!! Their web designers need to go back to Web Design 101...

[url]http://wsupsy.psy.twsu.edu/optimalweb/annoyances.htm[/url]

arcticcat.com has all 3 of those basic anoyances. Ever notice how the best and most popular sites are simple and effective. Kind of like this site snowmobilenews.com, not flashy but easy to get around and USUALLY quick to download... As usual A/C tries to do too much, and it just turns out as a pile of Cat Crap....lmao just like their sleds..... lots of great ideas poorly implemented...

PolarisIndy

CAT SHOWED DOO UP!!!!

Postby Mainecat » February 26th, 2002, 5:33 am

I am not a Pilot nor a Engineer but I am a snowmobiler...........all aboard choo choo
Mainecat

CAT SHOWED DOO UP!!!!

Postby PowDar » February 26th, 2002, 6:49 am

I'll tell you one thing Doo messed up on their site... they don't have pictures of the different summits. The picture they put up of the summit highmark extreme ain't got no 159 inch track thats for sure. LAZY ASSES! They don't even have a picture of the 151 incher. Cripes. I wanna see this freight train long sled!
----------------------------
I can't think of a good signature so this will have to do for now.
PowDar

CAT SHOWED DOO UP!!!!

Postby PolarisIndy » February 26th, 2002, 8:26 am

PowDar if you go through and build a sled you can look at the Studio Photo of each and they are the correct sled and track length. The 159" is way longer than the 151"er... However it is only 1.5" more track on the ground than Polaris's 156 they had last year. I have the pictures of the sleds I build if you want me to send them to you. HMX 800 159" black and HM 800 151" Black.
PolarisIndy

CAT SHOWED DOO UP!!!!

Postby CatRider800 » February 26th, 2002, 8:35 am

Indy, i have a question. how come in your eyes cat can do NOTHING right? now your trashing there site? Good god, the guy complemented the site and said ski-doo and polaris could do better (not trashing) and u say cat sucks? d**n man... even us cat lovers admit polaris is better in some areas (not many). So chill out dude
Whether its dirt, snow or grass... the Cat still kicks ass!!!
CatRider800

CAT SHOWED DOO UP!!!!

Postby RotaxGuy » February 26th, 2002, 8:44 am

texas - That must be it. You're a genius. They put too much tech into their other departments (industries). My guess is that if you keep trying, sooner or later you'll make sense.
RotaxGuy

CAT SHOWED DOO UP!!!!

Postby PolarisIndy » February 26th, 2002, 8:48 am

Well because they just cant, that's why....lol

Actually they did finally do a few things right, The new M1 mountian sled looks pretty good. I would like to ride one. The Firekittys don't interest me at all. They also don't make a bad Sno-X sled. Every Cat I've ever ridden has never felt comfortable or given me a lot of confidence while on it.

But if I was gonna jump ship the sled that intrigues me the most would have to be the Summit....

But with the original post he was stating that Cat's web site is better than everybody elses, I just contracdicted that by stating that not everbody enjoys the anoying eye candy. In fact it is a pet peave of mine, I hate going to a site and having to wait for something to download, or having it be a pain to navigate, just like cat's site.... The content is good, other than it is Cat ;) but the navigation is a pain....

*This Message was edited on 26-Feb-02 01:49 PM by PolarisIndy*
PolarisIndy

CAT SHOWED DOO UP!!!!

Postby PolarisIndy » February 26th, 2002, 8:50 am

besides this is a TRASH board isn't it?
PolarisIndy

CAT SHOWED DOO UP!!!!

Postby texassledder » February 26th, 2002, 9:03 am

RotaxGuy, It is not my intention to make sense to you. I wouldn't expect you to understand anything I say, my guess is that your not computer literate enough to enjoy the videos of the new sleds. I have always like skidoo as I feel its a great sled manufacturer and sledding wouldn't be where it is today without the yellow existing. My first was yellow!!! A one banger!!! But their website sux and for you to tell me bla bla bla about reading this and that is better than the great innovations made by cats WEBPAGE, is all hyped up crap that only I am wasting time to respond to. Ohhh if it takes a minute to download the newest Cat page. Time to take a boost up from the dial up communication line you use. I for one have no problem and get to view more of what I want as a consumer. I wonder what TRON is comming out with next yr??? hehe
texassledder

CAT SHOWED DOO UP!!!!

Postby PolarisIndy » February 26th, 2002, 9:12 am

HOLY CRAP.. I guess cat hired a bunch of new Web Designers since the last time I was there... I don't visit the site much. They got rid of all the scrolling pictures you used to have to click on to get around. So, as hard as it is to eat my own words.... Cat's website doesn't suck.... It looks pretty good now..... And is much easier to navigate than before....
PolarisIndy

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers