Subscribe Today

Rev, RX-1 and more

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Rev, RX-1 and more

Postby Uker2 » March 3rd, 2002, 3:22 am

Taking off the Yamaha blinders and will be shopping all manufactures next fall. The Rev looks like its targeted to a 24 yr old or someone who wants to ride like one. Those that trash Yamaha for lack of legroom should sit on a Rev with your feet in the "ride" position. And the bolt on rumble seat idea is a strange option for a sled of its nature. I'd love to hear Yamaha's offical marketing thoughts with their current lineup of sleds. (And lack thereof of choices) The RX-1 represents a bold step into the 4-stroke market, but is that all there is for Yamaha? Still glad I didn't buy a Viper. Will be looking for the best all around 600cc sled my money can buy. Battery-less EFI...........hmmmmmm!
Uker2
01'SRX
Uker2

Rev, RX-1 and more

Postby CAT MAN 900 » March 3rd, 2002, 3:27 am

GO CAT MAN THATS THE WAY TO FLY EFI 600 AWESOME JUST RODE ONE THIS WEEKEND IT IS PRETTY GOOD !!!!
NICE TO SEE SOMEONE HAS A BRAIN AROUND HERE UNLIKE THE KITTY KILLER WHAT A FAGGY b***h!!!!!!!!
HEY KITTY KILLER GO BAKE ME SOME COOKIES !!!!!!!
CAT MAN 900

Rev, RX-1 and more

Postby Snotcicles » March 3rd, 2002, 5:00 am

Finally! Thankyou, Uker2 for finally posting a subject of substance. I know its a trashboard but this was starting to get gradeschool. Are you saying the Rev is cramped? I haven't sat on one but I was thinking about checking one out. Already checked out F-7 and that felt really good. You can move up for the aggresive ride and slide back and kick out for some smooth scenery riding. The narrow tunnel is sweet. I still haven't even seen the RX-1 so still don't know to much on that one yet. But I think I can answer your question on the direction they are going. I think they are trying to cater to the older, medium aggressive rider. One thats not ready for the two up sleds but doesn't need the fastest sled on the lake or the most agile in the twisties. Kinda like a Jaguar car, you know? Real nice all around performance but nothing earth shattering. The Rev and F-7 might be more like a Ferrari, razor sharp handleing and a no compromise design that will give the most demanding ditch bangers a new level of performance. Even if that means they might have to turn wrenches on them more, the level of performance dictates that they will be a higher maintanance sled to mantain that razor edge. I used to race motocross and it was nothing to pull the motors down evey fourth race or so to rering and decarbon, just to maintain the level of performance to be competitive. Some people on this board equate that to poor quality if you have to wrench on them, I just think its what you do at home that reflects your ride in the woods. Well thats my humble opinion, I just hope I didn't bore you.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Snotcicles

Rev, RX-1 and more

Postby sueperdave » March 3rd, 2002, 5:18 am

Hey Snots, well said. It's nice to see someone that makes a reasonbly objective statement like that. I think all three of these sleds that seem to be getting the lion's share of attention are all raising the bar for snowmobiling. We all win! If you look at the pace that new models and new tech that has come out in the last few years its awesome. Hey Catdude900, push the button that says "caps lock", it looks like you are always yelling at somebody. If you can't find the button(I doubt anybody would be surprised), let me know and I'll forward a computer help line number, they MIGHT be able to assist you.
sueperdave

Rev, RX-1 and more

Postby PowDar » March 3rd, 2002, 8:22 am

In regards to your post snot about the wrenching, you are right to a degree. In [b]high[/b] performance sleds, wrenching shouldn't be a big deal. But, I think the worst kind of wrenching is during the ride. When I get home, I don't mind wrenching.
But lots of people just like the "pull the cover off, pull the rope, go all day, get home, put cover back on, eat sleep repeat" aspect. Know what I mean? Sleds like Classics, Legends, ZLs etc should be this way, but people also expect XCs, ZRs, Summits, RMKs, etc to do the same, yet at the same time, they have to win every race!
If you want the ragged edge of performance, get yer tools ready and DON'T be suprised/b***h if you need them.
----------------------------
I can't think of a good signature so this will have to do for now.
PowDar

Rev, RX-1 and more

Postby Snotcicles » March 3rd, 2002, 10:23 am

Yeah, Powdar thats true, very true. Even the touring sleds are gonna need a little craftsman message once in a while though. But your exactly right on with the wrench at home deal. I don't mind doing it and sometimes we even round up the guys to do the wrenching at the same time and maybe even have a few "refreshments" while were at it.
Snotcicles

Rev, RX-1 and more

Postby Snotcicles » March 3rd, 2002, 11:44 am

Well Uker2, is the REV cramped? More than a Yammie? Whats your hieght?
Snotcicles

Rev, RX-1 and more

Postby kittykiller » March 3rd, 2002, 12:48 pm

Snotty, Was that "thing"(Fag900) referring to me again?? I've been told that there is dealer in old forge that is letting people test ride the rev. I'm going to check it out,and find out for myself what it's like. When I sat on one,I didn't feel cramped at all. You can push yourself back and ride it in the "normal" position. Actually, it felt suprisingly comfortable,but I haven't ridden one yet. Maybe this week!!
What's yellow snow taste like ???
kittykiller

Return to Trash Talkers