Subscribe Today

Pro - Women Going Big at Winter X SnoX 2004

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby jpiler » July 22nd, 2003, 9:13 am

I don`t know about you but I would really like to see the Pro-Women Going big at Winter X.They put on a great show for the WSA World Wide Series,why don`t we get to see them at Winter X ??????
jpiler

Postby Snocross861 » July 22nd, 2003, 12:40 pm

Does that mean that you'd like to see WSA National Sport riders too? Cause they run the same lap times...I got 9th in a Sport Stock final and I was running the same lap times. I don't think they would attract a big crowd as X is about "WOWing" not boring.
Snocross861

Postby sledheadjack » July 22nd, 2003, 3:28 pm

Whoa- does that comment even deserve a reply? YOU line up next to Julie Thul and Lissa Toncray and Amanda Johnson and lets just see whose A$$ gets kicked. I think the pro women DO deserve a place at the xgames- in snocross and hillcross, even if it's just a trial for the first year. I bet they'd get A LOT of interest. Get a clue, dude!
[blue]All work & no PLAY makes the pit chick a dull girl!;)[/blue]My DRINKING TEAM has a RACING problem!! DITCH the DUDES, let's go [red]RACING![/red]:p [img]http://www.sledheadjack.homestead.com/files/drink_n_drivesmall.jpg[/img]
sledheadjack

Postby Snocross861 » July 22nd, 2003, 4:00 pm

I HAVE Raced Julie Thul. She doesn't race Sport Stock, but she raced Sport Open and she went 3 3 3 in qualifying while I did 3 4 2 and we were riding together in the LCQ. Not trying to cut women down, just saying I don't think anyone wants to see me riding the track so why would you want to see them?
Snocross861

Postby sledheadjack » July 22nd, 2003, 5:08 pm

How is snowmobile racing different than other sports? They have women's snowboarding, skiing, etc at Winter X- and plenty of people want to watch that. Although the women can't always compete with the guys in terms of physical strength, etc, we can still put on a good show when competing against each other.
[blue]All work & no PLAY makes the pit chick a dull girl!;)[/blue]My DRINKING TEAM has a RACING problem!! DITCH the DUDES, let's go [red]RACING![/red]:p [img]http://www.sledheadjack.homestead.com/files/drink_n_drivesmall.jpg[/img]
sledheadjack

Postby XMAN39 » July 22nd, 2003, 5:44 pm

The Pro Women should be at the Xgames. Of all the sports at the Xgames the women of snocross are the only women excluded from participating. If it was solely ESPN excluding the women then there wouldn't be women in every other sport. It seems to me that the reason the women haven't been included must lie with the WSA, afterall they are the organization putting on the races at the Xgames.

I think the appeal of watching the women race at the Xgames is just seeing the women handle the sleds, and get some big air. Then when they are done racing they look like the girl most guys would like to date or marry. It is a given that they can't race like the pro men, but the top national pro women can handle their sleds and put on a good race.

The Xgames are all about money. The bottomline is that the Xgames is a business. ESPN and the WSA are in it to make money, and the sponsors such as Mtn Dew are in it to generate revenue. If the women had the backing of a sponsor, and/or the sled manufacturers then maybe they would get to race at the Xgames.

Just one last comment about the women racing at Xgames. Let us not forget, the 120's get to race at the Xgames, but the women are excluded!
XMAN39

Postby Snocross861 » July 22nd, 2003, 6:00 pm

Good point about the 120's...
I don't agree with them running there either...sorry, just in a bad mood or something..
Snocross861

Postby Red Blooded » July 22nd, 2003, 6:18 pm

Snocross--
Even if your running the same times as the women that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be included in the Xgames. Just like in all sports they make it equal for men and women. If there is a men's pro class, they should have a women's pro class. I think that as soon as there are some women who want to start racin in the Xgames that they can make it happen by contactin some ppl. I know it would draw a crowd just like any other race. It would be a dumb move to not add a womens class to it.
[red]Ride Red Baby![/red]
Red Blooded

Postby dieseldog » July 22nd, 2003, 7:39 pm

hey sledhead jack, Not to be mean but I have seen you race and I think you should let the pro women make there argument for snox at X. When you say that WE put on a good show please say that They put on a good show. I must say that the pro women are good I have raced many of them and I have beat them some times and they have beat me some times but at best they are sport class racers. In the other classes at X the girls are doing the same tricks as the guys. I don't see Thul, Johnson or Toncray airing it out 120 feet and doing the same course as the guys in as exciting of fashion. My hats off to these girls but they aren't going to capture a tv audience at X like the girls of the halpipe or freestyle. Just my two cents. But keep up the good work. I must commend you for sticking it out as long as you have. You must really enjoy racing.
dieseldog

Postby XMAN39 » July 22nd, 2003, 9:40 pm

Hey dieseldog, I have seen Toncray air it out, and she gets some pretty big air like most of the guys.

It would be nice if the women were given a chance to race at the Xgames this year just to see how they would do. Heck if they were boring ESPN wouldn't have to air them racing! At least they would have been given the opportunity to either prove themselves or show that they aren't ready for the Xgames.
XMAN39

Next

Return to General Racing Board