Subscribe Today

NWRA Racers

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

NWRA Racers

Postby DerksenRacing » October 26th, 2003, 1:33 pm

Racing is soon here, it snowed in Stonewall today, too bad it didn't stay. Just wanted to let all you NWRA racers know one of the new stops on the schedule will be in Stonewall. I'm hoping to have a good event. Looking for suggestions from the racers as to what you would like to see at the event.
DerksenRacing

NWRA Racers

Postby Air 440 » October 26th, 2003, 2:40 pm

hey, sounds good, hopefully you will get lots of snow so you can build a sweet track. Really technical tracks I think are the most fun and offer the best racing action for the fans, with big jumps and things like that. Its also nice if the track is good and wide.
If you can't impress em with you knowledge, confuse em with your bullsh*t
Air 440

NWRA Racers

Postby Snocross861 » October 27th, 2003, 3:52 am

Did you travel to all of the events last season? Which tracks did you like? How much room do you have?
Snocross861

NWRA Racers

Postby DerksenRacing » October 27th, 2003, 2:08 pm

We have all the room in the world. We'd run out of snow before we'll run out of room. I do plan on making the track wide. The only time I raced was at Swan for the mechanics race. My boys do the racing and said they like a wide track with a huge table top at the finish. My 10 yr old likes the free style stuff. Was big with no footers last year and is conviced he can do a heel clicker this year. Oh to be young again.
DerksenRacing

NWRA Racers

Postby NorthernSkunk » October 27th, 2003, 3:14 pm

Hello Derkson...I'm up in Thompson....what kinda party/social/supper do you have after for handing out the awards? And what is the date of your event? Does NWRA have a website?
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

NWRA Racers

Postby Air 440 » October 27th, 2003, 3:22 pm

Ya swan was the best track that I raced all year I think, little bit of everything, really good job they did on that one.
If you can't impress em with you knowledge, confuse em with your bullsh*t
Air 440

NWRA Racers

Postby Snocross861 » October 28th, 2003, 2:16 am

I like width, but I also like it when there is a rythm section or whoops or however you want to say it. That long sweeping first turn was fun too. I voted Swan River for best track of the year. Minnedosa could have had the best table top if they had made the landing as high as the launch end, something like what Kenora had(the one coming back toward the stands), but that jump seemed too easy because the landing area was so big. You could hit it with a stocker full throttle and not overjump. I guess everyone likes different stuff so just do what you want and hopefully more people will praise than complain.
Snocross861

NWRA Racers

Postby Doo_racer » October 29th, 2003, 3:22 pm

Keep it wide, and technical, with big jumps. No smoothe streches. Stonewall is not to far of a drive for me, I'd love to help with the design, and construction of the track. If your interested.
Doo_racer

NWRA Racers

Postby Snocross861 » October 30th, 2003, 2:47 pm

Dude, I ain't showin up if you help build the track! It'd be the roughest, most rutted out, hunk of garbage, hold on for dear life cause it's so unbelievably rough without rythm kinda track ever built!

JK
Snocross861

NWRA Racers

Postby DerksenRacing » October 31st, 2003, 3:16 am

Thanks for your comments guys. We will probably start building in the beginning of January. Anyone who would like to come on down is more than welcome. The track will be 1 mile south of Stonewall on highway 236.
DerksenRacing

Next

Return to General Racing Board