Subscribe Today

440 iq parts

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

440 iq parts

Postby champ27 » October 31st, 2004, 10:40 am

I was wondering when everyone anticipates parts for the iq chassis would be released, i heard they were behind on manufacturing of teh new sled, so if anyone has any idea let me know.
Jason Smith
Jason Smith Racing
champ27

440 iq parts

Postby DerksenRacing » October 31st, 2004, 1:05 pm

We just got back from the race school in Wausau. You could buy just about anything you needed from the support tailer. They are starting to manufacture on Monday and hope to be shipping on Wednesday.
DerksenRacing

440 iq parts

Postby Snocross861 » October 31st, 2004, 5:05 pm

Mr. Derksen. If you guys were in my class this year I'd be trashing the IQ about now. The reason I stayed away from Polaris is just this. First year woes. Cat did the same thing with the 02 Pro, didn't have em made until race school weekend and didn't have enough made to send everyone home with one who was there to get one..
I hope Polaris doesn't make the same mistakes..Free shipping due to the pushed back build?
Snocross861

440 iq parts

Postby racer447 » November 1st, 2004, 10:12 am

lloyd, polaris does it different than arctic. The shipping is free. It comes to the polaris dealer of your choice and you go pick up and set it up. polaris won't have the problems cat did because this sled was not rushed like the cat was in 2002. This thing has been tested and is ready to go. Your just jealous you didn't switch this year.
if you don't race then don't call me or my polaris slow
racer447

440 iq parts

Postby DerksenRacing » November 2nd, 2004, 10:43 am

Well Mr. Drummond I see you're sharp today. The only reason I don't get on that sled and race you is you'd probably lose your sponsorship. It would look bad when some guy in his late thirties, hasn't trained or raced in the last few years, walks up jumps on the IQ and let's you read his mud flap the whole race. Just be thankful I'm in the pits.
DerksenRacing

440 iq parts

Postby Snocross861 » November 2nd, 2004, 4:22 pm

Jealous I didn't switch? Haha, I'm on the most dominating brand in the new Millenium.
It seems to me that they rushed testing if they sent the 900's to dealer floors and then replaced the driveshaft...The 440 may be a different story, but I sure hope the delay in production was to put a solid driveshaft in. If they can't make the original one work for a trail rider, they better not throw that design on a pure race sled. Sounds all too familiar to me. I got answers in 02 like "we didn't test all the parts together on one machine" and "at least you don't have 750 of them to worry about" (in reference to the total # made, not this year's Polaris, another brand and another yr). In 02 it was a mess and this seems to be a poor start.
Doesn't matter where you are off the holeshot Derksen Racing which seems to be the only thing Polaris does well. When they have their tiny spindles snapping off (have you seen those things?!) and no brakes from driveshaft problems on the 10th lap, my Rev and I will blow on by. ;)
Snocross861

440 iq parts

Postby proXpilot » November 3rd, 2004, 9:13 am

as far as the 900 drive shaft go, it was a bad casting from there vendor, polaris dont make the driveshafts.
[url=http://www.syracuse.com/oneidalakecam/index.ssf/video]onieda lake live cam![/url]
[green]TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER!!![/green]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/proxpilot/bobblehd218x218.gif[/IMG]
proXpilot

Return to General Racing Board