Subscribe Today

Hang in there Todd

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Hang in there Todd

Postby Barnaby23/43 » January 18th, 2005, 9:18 am

I agree with you Leelanau, whenever our driver hit anyone the other team/driver delt with it in a much more direct manner. Maybe it was because our driver went about 135 with all his gear on and Todd goes about 230(just a guess on the weight)? It seems to me the problem may be different lines being run by the much heavier Yamaha compared to a lighter and more maneuverable 2 stroke. This needs to be discussed and fixed before the I-500 or it will be a mess. I also have to agree with tobehonest that everyone will have an on track incident if they drive long enough. The 03 team needs to remember the Soo race of 2003. I'm not blaming any driver but **** happens. Our driver was mad and we did complain, the two drivers discussed it and all was fine. It did help Greg to decide he didn't need to race anymore. I think this thing is a much bigger problem then any single incident. It is that the sport just hasn't been safe the last couple of years and you are losing all your teams and drivers. 13 teams at Alpena with the large purse should tell you something shouldn't it? Let's go to 440s with a max weight and only 1 driver allowed for the enduros next year. I think they would pace themselves and it would be much safer. What does everyone else think?
Barnaby23/43

Hang in there Todd

Postby Susie Snowflake » January 18th, 2005, 9:55 am

I know a team that would agree totally with you Barnaby! I even know the perfect true enduro driver to get that job done.
It was really sad at Alpena. 13 sleds to start, maybe 6 to finish? It seems the good ole days are soon to be in the past. It just isn't fun any more.
Susie Snowflake

Hang in there Todd

Postby donethat » January 18th, 2005, 10:02 am

All of this 'who hit who' is part of racing on ice. (ever watched speedskating) It's been this way all 35 years I've been in it. Do you guys really want to go the NASCAR way and have all the snowmobiles in little lines, and being exactly the same.(except for the decals) Then which brand will you root for?????????? Please get back to the sport and remember, "It is what it is"- snowmobile racing.
donethat

Hang in there Todd

Postby openminded » January 18th, 2005, 10:30 am

440's are a dying breed...fans wanna hear noise and seed speed
openminded

Hang in there Todd

Postby #14 Soo » January 18th, 2005, 12:06 pm

MIRA & I-500, Stock 500's with pipes only no mod's to the motor. Stock class rules except pipes allowed. Tear down the top 5 weekly & the top 10 at the soo. Yamaha riders can ride the Vector stock. Speeds are getting out of hand for the talent that's out there. Just my thoughts. Mike
#14 Soo

Hang in there Todd

Postby proton » January 18th, 2005, 12:54 pm

You should have seen the bump and grinding going on at Eagle River...just ask Joel D...you hate to see it...I think its(contact)part of racing...I hope no one gets hurt...race safe
proton

Hang in there Todd

Postby snosports » January 18th, 2005, 2:00 pm

Hey Mike thats a great idea. I second that motion. Is it about time for ICE to start up again????

Joe K
snosports

Hang in there Todd

Postby Susie Snowflake » January 19th, 2005, 1:53 am

I totally agree with Joe K. and Mike G! Those were the good old Days. We got to party together after the race, not attend each others funerals.
Susie Snowflake

Hang in there Todd

Postby yamahateamfan » January 19th, 2005, 3:33 am

Bumping and grinding is all goin to happen in the ice enduro races even if it isnt on purpose?
yamahateamfan

Hang in there Todd

Postby leelanaumotorsports » January 19th, 2005, 4:05 am

I thought that Alpena was one of the best enduro races I had ever seen. The lucky stud did affect the out come but in reality the fastset (finishing) sleds finished in the top three and would have any way, laps down to each other or not. With about fifty to go the top three or four sleds were much faster than everyone else and would have regained laps or lapped several machines, what lucky stud did was make a close exciting finish for the fans. though I do think they should make the sled "go around" to get it's lap back.

lets not get all down about only 13, more are coming i.e. Winters is coming to linclon, lets just put on a good show and be professional for the fans, this ontario thing could be big, if the fans there like it they may make the drive to the other venues in the future.

good luck
see ya sunday
[b]Ride Hard, Ride Safe.[b]
leelanaumotorsports

PreviousNext

Return to General Racing Board