Subscribe Today

Ideas needed for the 2006 race season now !!!

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby leelanaumotorsports » March 10th, 2005, 8:46 am

My definition of stock Pro Enduro sleds...remember now I am an idea man not a mechanic..

Stock engine:
All internal components oem or equal.
No porting or polishing.
Stock heads No milling of heads.
Run on pump gas 93 octane max?
Leave room for some balancing and blue printing.
Do not allow the removal of material in interanl parts purely for lightening.
Any Single,dual or tripple pipe.
Any OEM type fuel system with after market kits allowed.
Any OEM type valve system with aftermarket kits allowed.
Any OEM or aftermarket ignition system

Basically what can be built from a perfromance shop wish book.
without HAVING to even take the engine apart.

Need to allow for Chips in efi, sdi and Fully direct systems.
YES EFI and maybe let the 120hp(or less) 4-strokes mod some external componetnets of the valve train for better performance.

Keep the chassis and other rules basiclly the same, just make the sleds sit up a little higher or have more travel.
(trying to eliminate the sprint type set-ups from running away in the early stages)

tear down the top three after every race (sorry 4-strokes you too).And have a plan to keep the manufactures involved with the whole thing. they all have blue prints and service books spec-ing their engines, use them for the 4-strokes too.

Tech can be a pain,and 4-strokes add alot to the plate.
Some rules are for the greater good of the sport and the fans not the racers schedule or the tech guys for that matter.

If I had just won $2500 bucks from Yamaha I would not care if I had to take the engine home in box on the front seat of the truck!

Get a dyno donated bring it for complaints, if a winning sled makes more than "X" perctange above "X" hp disqualify it!
[b]Ride Hard, Ride Safe.[b]
leelanaumotorsports

Postby raceworkx » March 10th, 2005, 8:47 am

does anyone have the payouts for the Lincoln 500 enduro race?
raceworkx

Postby Debbie84 » March 10th, 2005, 10:47 am

I do not remember all the amounts, but first place received $4500.00 and the top ten all received additional money. 11th place through 20th each received $100.00
Debbie84

Postby raceworkx » March 10th, 2005, 10:50 am

would you be able to tell me the top 5 finishers payout?
raceworkx

Postby cat22 » March 10th, 2005, 10:57 am

We got just over $1900 and some change for 3rd.
cat22

Postby RCNDRT » March 10th, 2005, 11:10 am

I believe you should all remember back to the Formula 56 days. ALL sleds were supposed to be 56HP. However that was only for certification. After that alot were changed just enough to have an edge not to be way out front. A dyno at the races???? That wouldn't be very accurate. A mod motor always blows up come on they live well and are built reliable by most some teams just out-tune themselves with them. IROC really does suck to watch so lets just leave the enduros open have the stock races to get new people to rty it and definitly keep the Sprints. It makes racing interesting for fans and it is nice to see MIRA racers attend other events.
[b]GO LEFT OR GO HOME[/b]
RCNDRT

Postby RCNDRT » March 10th, 2005, 11:11 am

Say are you racers in this for fun or to make money???
[b]GO LEFT OR GO HOME[/b]
RCNDRT

Postby MIRA 58 » March 10th, 2005, 12:46 pm

Well, after reading this I am even more stumped where to go with the classes. I still say this though add the begginner not for points class.It will attract more newcomers than sportsman.Maybe even a trail stock class, no hop ups or lowering just like it is trail ridden.allowing people who may not even come to watch, come and race.I also like the ussa sportsman class i believe its 95 and older stock sleds.And finnally lets change the name sportsman to semi-pro just sounds cooler.When you say sportsman I expect to see some guy with camo on.I am just looking for ways to attract more people.
Informer- I admit I probably did misunderstand jaime.My ex wife will tell anyone i only hear what i want
ALL I CAN SAY IS THE [COLOR=#000099]DOGGS[/COLOR]and the [COLOR=#009900]CATS[/COLOR]BEST WATCH OUT FOR THE[COLOR=#ff0000]FROGS[/COLOR]
MIRA 58

Postby leelanaumotorsports » March 11th, 2005, 5:45 am

I think that being afraid of change or simply saying that something can not be done or we already tried that is what has kept the sport from growing to its full potential.

I do not mean to say that what I am proposeing is right. I just think that there are potential problems with the current situation. Problems that will continue to limit the growth of teams, and fans.
[b]Ride Hard, Ride Safe.[b]
leelanaumotorsports

Postby polaris120 » March 12th, 2005, 12:49 am

try getting some races over in the western part of the state, like escanaba, marquette,iron mountain. mira would probably get a large turn out from these places. i remember when we raced in norway,mi back in the early 90's and the stands were always filled for sat,and sun. and keep the sleds the way they are, but if you go to a stock sled it will only help low budget teams
[blue]Walt Komarnizki [/blue]
[red]#135 / #35 Team Torture[/red]
polaris120

PreviousNext

Return to General Racing Board