Subscribe Today

Ideas needed for the 2006 race season now !!!

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby MIRA 58 » March 15th, 2005, 1:33 pm

Heres my class ideas
saturday-(old ones 1st)
semi-pro stock 600
semi-pro enduro 20 laps
semi-pro champ 440
pro champ 440 lets see 10 laps
pro stock 600
pro mod 700
pro-am 600 fan sprint
junior 600 fan (isnt it currently limited to 500s)
top 10 shoot out
ELIMINATE
pro-am enduro
semi-pro 500
pro stock 500
ADD
pro am mod enduro-100 laps so as to not obsolete the mods all together
pro-am stock 500 sprint, same theory dont hurt those who still have them
womens 600 fan sprint we need to revisit this idea, michelle morton looks so bored.
begginners 600 sprint-no points, $25 entry fee donated to charity on miras behalf.no pervious racers. You race another class or win your out.
trail stock 600 or 700-no lowered sled,trail studs and carbides,just as it would be trail ridden.People who may never even come watch a race all of a sudden may show up and try it.
And last but not least sundays fun
Leave the 120's alone they are the only ones not arguing on here.
and pro-STOCK 600 enduro. Just like the pro-am enduro is this year except 500 laps.With a bunch of new sleds and excited manufacturers and fans.Probably 30-38 sleds starting every weekend and 25 finishing.
Another thought to get the entrys on Drummond up make it double points, my dads idea, I see it going over like a lead balloon.
As for the lucky stud leave it 1 more year.
And team points to promote them to enter all classes.
ALL I CAN SAY IS THE [COLOR=#000099]DOGGS[/COLOR]and the [COLOR=#009900]CATS[/COLOR]BEST WATCH OUT FOR THE[COLOR=#ff0000]FROGS[/COLOR]
MIRA 58

Postby informer » March 15th, 2005, 11:53 pm

These are great ideas, but remember there is a limited amount of ice and daylight and none of our tracks have lights. Jean
informer

Postby polaris120 » March 15th, 2005, 11:59 pm

informer

is mira looking for other places to hold races, if so why dont they try running again over on the western part U.P like norway,escanaba,iron mountain. if ya hold races over there mira can get ussa and wsa racers to come and try our enduro's
[blue]Walt Komarnizki [/blue]
[red]#135 / #35 Team Torture[/red]
polaris120

Postby froggy3 » March 16th, 2005, 2:26 am

Guy's, Informer is right. The thing we have to remember here is that the number of hours of racing on Saturday is limited by both daylight and ice. The other thing you have to keep in mind is the workers. All of them are volunteers and don't want to spend their entire day from sun up to sun down standing out in the cold while the rest of us have our fun. When I made my proposal back a page or two, I tried to stay within about the same number of classes and laps as we are currently doing. There is probably a little leway, but not much. If we want new classes put in, we should probably have old ones to take out. In a couple of cases that might not be to difficult to decide.

I think the Sportsman (or semi-pro) classes should stand as they are as they are the true stepping stone to the next level. We also need to groom our Juniors and prepare them for the next level which would be Sportsman. A lot of them want the chance to run a few more laps which is why I proposed their "mini" enduro. Let them see what it's like to run more than 3 or 5 laps at a time. The 700 or 600 Open mod (which ever it will be next year) is always popular and should stay along with the Champ class.

The rest of the Saturday program I believe is what we need to concentrate on. The Pro stock classes, Beginner, Trail stock, and short Enduros. This is where everyones energy needs to be focused. I am sure that the BIGGEST issue is going to be what we run as our stock rules and what sleds are going to be allowed to run in which classes. We need to stay focused as an organization and try to come to some fair and equitable agreements on what we are going to do. We may have to think "outside of the box" to get where we want to be, but we have to keep everyone in the organization in mind. I think we all want to continue racing in MIRA. We just have to decide the best way for all to do it right!
froggy3

Postby The Old Coyote » March 16th, 2005, 3:26 am

Concerning costs. I had a recent conversation with a fellow who has been around MIRA for quite a few years. His opinion was that as stock has been brought into the circuit, the costs have bee rising. Also the 5 year rule. (How is a triple still legal?) Apparently the older way let racers keep recycling parts from the old sleds. Instead of a new sled, just buy a new engine, or suspension. Maybe it's too late to go back to how things were done in the past, but will adding more stock lower costs, or actually raise them and drive out more racers?
[blue][b][i]"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."[/b][/i][/blue]
The Old Coyote

Postby MIRA 58 » March 16th, 2005, 4:00 am

I dont see where my proposal adds a lot of time, to the day saturday other than the 100 lap enduro. Otherwise it consolidates 2 classes where the entrys were low to start and adds a couple that will only entice our program, i.e. trail stock,womens and begginner.I think adding semipro champ will only add to our pro-champ class,may take a year but it will.As it is we get done with hours to spare,I do understand the workers getting tired though.Maybe only some of these work, never know if you dont try.Maybe 50 laps for the pro-am mod, I just forsee eliminating the mod enduro all together upsetting the masses, but phase it out or downsize and put emphasis on the new STOCK enduro and you have something.As for the stock rules they seem adequate as they are,we should leave them.Froggy , thanks for the directions also.
ALL I CAN SAY IS THE [COLOR=#000099]DOGGS[/COLOR]and the [COLOR=#009900]CATS[/COLOR]BEST WATCH OUT FOR THE[COLOR=#ff0000]FROGS[/COLOR]
MIRA 58

Postby Jekyll » March 16th, 2005, 4:59 am

As a HUGE fan of MIRA and a person HEAVILY involved with all aspects of Vintage racing/snowmobiling I would like to give my input here.

I not quite sure MIRA wants to jump into offering Vitage classes just yet. The current state-of-the-sport shows that most perticipants involved in Vintage racing tend to operate on a much lower budjet than many of the MIRA teams. The logistics and extensive travel that go along with the MIRA season would prohibit a vast majority of Vintage racers from participating with any kind of regulartiy. I don't think the anticipated entry numbers would be there consistantly therefore, the trial period would be considered a failure

That being said, I think there is a tremendous OPPORTUNITY for MIRA and Vintage racing to PARTNER at some level (similar to what we do at the SOO I-500) and that PARTNERSHIP had potential for BOTH to reap huge benfits.

THERE IS A POTENTIAL FUTURE HERE!

Thanks for listening,
Roger
Jekyll

Postby The Old Coyote » March 16th, 2005, 5:52 am

I was the one who mentioned adding some vintage racers. I'm just a fan, too. I understand, now, there was a failed attempt some years ago, but don't know if that should still be a barrier. My idea wasn't for a MIRA class, but a possible joint operation where the current vintage racing organization would put on a race during the MIRA race weekend. Perhaps mid 70's racers, early Sno Pro sleds, something like that. 8-10 of those would make an exciting race for MIRA fans and also show vintage racing off to a crowd who may not be aware of what is about. And also, hopefully, bring some people to see and maybe join the regular MIRA racing. I know vintage isn't just a bunch of old guys reliving their youth. Younger folk have gotten into the action, too. Seems to me it could be benificial to both groups.
[blue][b][i]"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."[/b][/i][/blue]
The Old Coyote

Postby mitchmiester65 » March 16th, 2005, 6:03 am

I think vintage racing would be awesome for MIRA. That would draw attention. As soon as a vintage racer can see the enduro, mabye he/she will want to try it. What wouldn't draw attention is having a Pro stock enduro. If MIRA changes from mod to stock and runs 500 laps, that would be like watching paint dry. It sounds boring just talking about it. I raced my first race in MIRA in 2004. I almost started racing Snow Cross cause it sounded better, but the only reason I raced MIRA instead is because I knew that when I was older, I could run the PRO MOD ENDURO. Dont get me wrong I love sprint racing now, and i'm glad to be apart of MIRA and not a snow cross league, but if the enduros were stock back in 2003, I'd be snow cross racing. Young riders like mod enduros, thats how we get new blood. The racing was awesome all year long. If you didn't think the racing was close this year, then nothing will ever seem close. Think about every race this year.
[b]Mitchmiester65[/b]
mitchmiester65

Postby mitchmiester65 » March 16th, 2005, 6:37 am

SATURDAY

These four classes cant change

Sportsmen 500
Sportsmen 600
Pro Stock 500
Pro Stock 600

If we mix pro racers with Sportsmen, Pro racers will dominate and sportsmen will quit. The combination of Semi Pro 500, would kill off sportsmen and we would end up w/ 3 racers again eventually.

Junior Enduro---10 laps (run these classes after sprint races)
Sportsmen Enduro---20 laps
Pro-Am Enduro---25 laps
Formula III?---30 laps (Semi-Pro)
Shootout---10 laps (Pro)

Fan 600 Sprint
Junior Sprint

Save these 2 classes for the last races (before the junior enduro)
440 Champ
700 MOD (main Event)

Now throw in some vintage

I know this could all fit into saturday cause we finish on saturday with a lot of time left. Ice is a concern, but personnally i'd rather ride on dirt than not ride at all.
[b]Mitchmiester65[/b]
mitchmiester65

PreviousNext

Return to General Racing Board