Subscribe Today

Ideas needed for the 2006 race season now !!!

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby informer » March 6th, 2005, 10:07 am

Does anyone have any topics, rule changes, or any suggestions that they want to have discussed at the spring meeting prior to the banquet? If so, please call or fax it to the MIRA office at 1-989-257-5264 or e-mail it to froggy03@comcast.net asap.
informer

Postby informer » March 7th, 2005, 6:06 am

Come on teams what are you thinking or wanting? Let us know this is your organization!

Stocks or Mod?

Any Class Changes?

What do you want discussed?
informer

Postby MIRA 58 » March 7th, 2005, 1:05 pm

I said it in another post I truly believe we can get the manufacturers more involved racing stockers in the pro-enduro and only allowing 2003 or newer.Look at the new polarises for 06 I plan to get at least 1.I think they will work great once dialed in properly.With using stockers the durability is still there.Making for more sleds at the end of the race and I know its much more affordable than a mod sled,therefore the interest level will raise some new teams that may not have the $ to buy/build a mod.In essence of not obsoleting the mod sleds lets turn the pro-am enduro into a 100 lapper with 1 mandatory pit.Eliminate 500 sprints as the entrys seem to be low any way.Another idea I have is a begginer class not junior or sportsman but a 5 lap sprint with no points and you can only run it 2 times per year then you must move to sportsman.my thought is I have numerous local people saying they would like to try racing but are not going to buy a sled just to try it and who wants to give up their points for someone else to try racing.At lincoln I let 2 guys from my team race the sportsman classes on our stocker and they loved it. 1 is buying our stocker for next year the other has his sled in my shop right now stripping it so we can set it up for him to race next year. Offer team points to get teams to interested in this class as well as give team points for classes entered. I think It would add to all class entrys. Example your team doesnt win the pro-enduro points but had a sled in every class all winter and there the whole team won the team points.These are just my ideas not meant to offend anyone.I wouldnt really care if we stayed with what we have either, I would just like to see some new equipment, new teams, new interest in general.
ALL I CAN SAY IS THE [COLOR=#000099]DOGGS[/COLOR]and the [COLOR=#009900]CATS[/COLOR]BEST WATCH OUT FOR THE[COLOR=#ff0000]FROGS[/COLOR]
MIRA 58

Postby proton » March 7th, 2005, 1:10 pm

one sportsman stock class 500 or 600(sprint)
one sportsman open chassis [u]stock[/u] 500cc fan cooled class(sprint)
one sportsman enduro

one pro stock class 500 or 600(sprint)
no pro-am enduro

no changes to enduro, 700 mod, champ,
proton

Postby MIRA 58 » March 7th, 2005, 1:26 pm

proton why no pro-am? Just curoius.I love that class other than champ and pro-enduro its my favorite.I would like to see more sleds in champ.
ALL I CAN SAY IS THE [COLOR=#000099]DOGGS[/COLOR]and the [COLOR=#009900]CATS[/COLOR]BEST WATCH OUT FOR THE[COLOR=#ff0000]FROGS[/COLOR]
MIRA 58

Postby Pipe dream racing » March 7th, 2005, 2:25 pm

Keep the cheaters out. Really takes the wind out of up and comers. More Prize money for Stock classes ( 600 Fan )(440 Stock ) this allows a totally new guy (not Pro) to go race and win cash, which totally excites him. Semi-pro should be for NON-PRO teams. Make it fun.

Support your dealers. Biggest reason dealers ( factories ) do not support Ovals and such is every one wants stuff for free. Offer to pay COST, at least he doesn't lose money on you.

Be friendly to your fellow racer and clean up your garbage at the tracks.

Oh yeah GO FAST and TURN LEFT.
[i]James Lemire[/i]
Pipe dream racing

Postby proton » March 7th, 2005, 3:38 pm

58...I think it is a redundant class for the pros, we dont need more classes for the pro, but more ways for the sportsman transition to enduro or sprint(sportsman enduro F-3? or open chassis fan)...I like the idea of the open chassis for the sportsman...they can learn how to tune a open chassis without the complexity or speed of the champ. they can take the fan out and put in a champ motor and race champ as they are ready with out alot of added cost(they already have the chassis)or they can buy an old enduro chassis and race f-3 in sportsman enduro to get the feel for the higher HP enduro sled...I dont think we need more stock class racing(especially the pro's)...its good in its limited form but boring for the fans

P.S.as far as the sportsmans enduro formula...it could be any kind of sled(a stocker with pipes ect)as long as it has more speed than a stocker
proton

Postby bs » March 8th, 2005, 12:15 am

how about this for 2006, some board members? since eveyone wants to or has already quit, this should be the first place to start I would think.

thr reason for saturdays short pro/am enduro is to save ice for sunday, a longer race really hurts the sunday show.
bs

Postby ZR440champ » March 8th, 2005, 2:54 am

The board member thing is right up there in pirority, need some go getters, not saying the current members are doing a bad job. I would say change nothing as far as the format for sat/sun. Two things that are on my head is one for the pro enduro, its nice to see the top 4 manufactors running and doing good, but I think they should all start at the same HP level then modify from there, so if you average 600 puts out close to 120 stock HP, then all sleds that are racing in the pro enduro, start at 120 HP, and modify from there. Second thing is getting the word out about our racing, as soon as the schedule is out for the race year, get some copies out to each team to post in there area. One more thing is I would like to see a mid summer meeting, to see about race venues, meet each other, exchange info swap parts etc., maybe a cookout stlye meeting.
ZR440champ

Postby proton » March 8th, 2005, 3:49 am

The trouble with a 120hp class is that the 4 strokes are 80-100lbs heavier...my thoughts are, you have to concede some hp for the 4-strokes to make up for the weight disadvantage...the weight really hurts the heavier sleds in the corners, bumps, and longer race distanceses...I hope MIRA leaves the rules(enduro)as is...racing was really good this year.

For the sake of growth in the enduro class...keep the rules the way they are for a fews years and let the sport rebound a bit befor changing the formula...ZR440, I like your idea of a kickoff barbeque in the late summer.
proton

Next

Return to General Racing Board