Subscribe Today

OK Mira Racers Whats up with suggested rules??

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby proton » April 5th, 2005, 3:45 am

I agree with you coyote.
proton

Postby TeamChippewa1 » April 5th, 2005, 4:47 am

Why would Polaris, Arctic Cat, and Ski-Doo have more interest in a 120hp class? Are any of their sleds rated by hp? The only manufacturer to classify sleds by hp is Yamaha, and they are already involved in our sport.

The only reason this proposal is out there is to handicap the Yamaha's, let's not kid ourselves.
TeamChippewa1

Postby proton » April 5th, 2005, 5:02 am

All I can say Team 1 is I was at the Board meeting where it was first presented and there was not any talk about trying to eliminate the Yamaha's from Enduro racing in MIRA...sorry you feel that way.
proton

Postby polaris120 » April 5th, 2005, 6:15 am

I to was at the meeting and not one word was brought up about eliminating the yamaha.....
[blue]Walt Komarnizki [/blue]
[red]#135 / #35 Team Torture[/red]
polaris120

Postby polarisguru » April 5th, 2005, 6:26 am

I am a little stumped here I guess! How is Mira going to certify engines @ 120 hp?? Does this mean I can run a 94 800 Storm engine or a Rotax 700 twin @ 120 hp? If they go to HP only then any engine CC would not matter is that correct?
So I could build a 900 Polaris twin and lower rpm to certify it @ 120 hp with a torque line that would be scary ???
Or does this mean all brand new equipment using 06 sleds with factory certified HP ? If so a very Big Mistake !!!!
[img]http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421557597/3.jpg height=125 width=150[/img]
polarisguru

Postby froggy3 » April 5th, 2005, 8:07 am

Don't get your shorts in a bunch folks. As far as I heard,like others have made mention, MIRA is not trying to eliminate Yamaha or change the enduro racing. The horsepower discussion was more for the stock class sprint racing. If that is what comes about, there could be a 100, 120, and 140or150 hp class in the sprints. The certification will come from the manufacturers specifications for the models. At this point however, nothing is being done until after the April 30, May 1 ISR meetings. We will all just have to wait a little longer to see what comes out of it.
froggy3

Postby proton » April 5th, 2005, 9:27 am

Polaris guru...MIRA will not be certifying anything, only classifying their sprint classes by HP instead of engine size...like Froggy said, NOTHING has changed...only some IDEAS they (the board) were discussing.
proton

Postby TeamChippewa1 » April 5th, 2005, 9:34 am

It is a relief to hear that the proposed change to a hp rating would only be for stock classes. It still doesn't change the fact that the only brand to be affected by this proposal is Yamaha. Three out of four manufacturers would run the exact same equipment in the exact same classes.

It has been implied in these posts that this rule is to "eliminate Yamaha" from this sport. I stated that these new rules would "handicap" Yamaha, and Yamaha only. I stand by this statement.

Again, there isn't any reason to rename our classes, other than to penalize Yamaha for designing an engineering marvel.
TeamChippewa1

Postby proton » April 5th, 2005, 9:57 am

Chippewa...you are right in that Yamaha will be uncompetitive with this type of classification...my thought is if they make the change to HP classifications that they also come up with a driver/sled min weight to truly equalize the classes that include four strokes.
proton

Postby TeamChippewa1 » April 5th, 2005, 9:59 am

My point exactly proton, there is more to a class than just hp alone...
TeamChippewa1

PreviousNext

Return to General Racing Board