Subscribe Today

OK Mira Racers Whats up with suggested rules??

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby polarisguru » April 4th, 2005, 10:46 am

Can anyone tell what was discussed for 06 rules at the Meeting this past weekend !!
Who was elected to the Board for 06 ?
[img]http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421557597/3.jpg height=125 width=150[/img]
polarisguru

Postby gofastturnleft85 » April 4th, 2005, 12:28 pm

The three new board members are: Scott Larson, Grant Vermeersch, and Jamie Vincent. Alot of rules etc. can't have anything done untill the ISR meeting the end of this month. Looking at possibly going to 120 hp. class sleds for the enduro. Again, nothing really set in stone.
Jamie V.
gofastturnleft85

Postby TeamChippewa1 » April 4th, 2005, 2:07 pm

What was the reasoning discussed for possibly going to a 120 hp "enduro" class?
TeamChippewa1

Postby MIRA 58 » April 4th, 2005, 4:37 pm

The reasoning is to equalize all sleds competing.Start at 120 and build from there.Barring the proposal goes thru we would mostly need new sleds.However I favor the idea.Lots of new equipment, manufacturer as well as fan interest in the sport.Where can we go wrong?
ALL I CAN SAY IS THE [COLOR=#000099]DOGGS[/COLOR]and the [COLOR=#009900]CATS[/COLOR]BEST WATCH OUT FOR THE[COLOR=#ff0000]FROGS[/COLOR]
MIRA 58

Postby TeamChippewa1 » April 4th, 2005, 11:21 pm

Maybe I was watching a different race season than everyone else. We are trying to "equalize" all sleds competing?

This was only a few months ago, but I have a very good memory. I saw a Factory Yamaha Race Team win the first two races. I remember a Ski-Doo Rev totally dominating in Sault Canada. Next I saw a Polaris win the Soo I-500 for the 16th or 17th year in a row, with 3 of 4 brands in the top four. Another Factory Yamaha Race Team won a race. If I'm not mistaken, Polaris won the Lincoln 500 where all four brands finished on the lead lap. Arctic Cat ran up front all year, and had one of their strongest run's ever at the Soo.

Did I mention that rocket Ski-Doo won the points championship?

So, again, what are we trying to "equalize"? It seems pretty fair to me.

If someone could explain why we need to take 20-30 hp away from one brand only, Yamaha, it would be greatly appreciated....
TeamChippewa1

Postby M10rules » April 5th, 2005, 1:58 am

So how much HP should Yamaha be allowed to throw at these sleds to get them to win and when should MIRA and other circuts step in to cap it off? The 06 Yamaha Apexs have 10hp more then the 05 RX according to Yamaha.
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby proton » April 5th, 2005, 3:13 am

I don't think MIRA is unhappy with the enduro racing this year at all, in fact from what I hear, the board is very happy with this year and things will stay the same if this proposal is refused by the manufacturers...this was an idea that was aimed at getting the factories more involved with our sport(oval racing), than it was to equalize the racing...the 120hp class is the most popular from a marketing stand point, and that is where the manufacturers main focus is.
proton

Postby The Old Coyote » April 5th, 2005, 3:25 am

Sounds like sour grapes (120 hp) from those who can't tune their sleds well enough to be competitive or drive well enough. Aimed at the top Yamaha engine, plain and simple. I am assuming it is still a modified class. Otherwise watch the fans grow even fewer.

"Equalizing"? Sounds like a better sleeping pill!

The last season was exciting. Why would you want to change it? As for the 600 Stock class, is it possible at your venues to change the track? Stay with a mile but shorten the front and back straights and add short shutes between turns 1 & 2 and 3 & 4. Less distance for the 4-stroke to build a higher top speed and should be closer racing.

Overall, sounds like some are trying to "tinker" the series to death.
[blue][b][i]"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."[/b][/i][/blue]
The Old Coyote

Postby proton » April 5th, 2005, 3:36 am

No one is trying to eliminate the Yamaha's from enduro racing...they are happy with the way the year went...they are only looking to the future of oval racing with reference to the manufacturers involvement in the sport...they are not trying to equalize the racing...its already very good the way it is...don't misunderstand the intent of this proposal...if the manufacturers are not interested in getting directly involved with our type of racing...then it will business as usual.
proton

Postby The Old Coyote » April 5th, 2005, 3:44 am

Okay. But as it stands, I wouldn't want to see the 4 jug engine barred in favor of the 3 cyl. Not unless it proves total dominance that skill can't overcome.
[blue][b][i]"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."[/b][/i][/blue]
The Old Coyote

Next

Return to General Racing Board