Subscribe Today

Snowmobiling Tug hill New York

Use this board to post trail reports in your area only!

Postby Arctic Man F6 » December 6th, 2003, 12:39 pm

Today is the last day for hunting. However there is still muzeloding for a week. But the trails do open Tomorrow December 8th. Tonight the temerature may drop near 0. The temperatures are suppose to be in the 20s for a few days with single digits at night, and a slight warm up towards wednesday (near 40) with a chance of rain but it is just a forecast so anything may happen. It will go right back to the lower 30s and upper 20s by end of the week with more snow. As well as the possibility of some good lake effect snows this weekened. we could use more snow. The trails are some what hard. I'd say the conditions at this time are fair.. With the hunters riding their trucks on these trails is causing some ruts and holes. But like i said today is the last day. There were a few sleds out. But nothing like winter YET. I'll keep ya updated as conditions change drive safe and please do yourself a favor stay off private property. LET IT SNOW! Have a great winter! JM
Arctic Man F6

Postby Slowgoer » December 6th, 2003, 2:45 pm

We already have a "tug hill reporter" on site daily.Thanks anyway!!
ZLR 800 EFI !!
Slowgoer

Postby RENEGADE13 » December 6th, 2003, 4:04 pm

:B
RENEGADE13

Postby 800revX » December 6th, 2003, 4:32 pm

i agree, thanks for the info artic man f6
need 2 new ones every year they cant take the abuse....
!!!!!!SNOWMOBILING IS EVERYTHING!!
800revX

Postby trailkiller » December 7th, 2003, 2:00 am

no doubt, thanxs for the info artic man f6 A bunch of us are thinking of going up next wk
If you know ,let us know.
peace
trailkiller

Postby Slowgoer » December 7th, 2003, 2:10 am

SORRY........I forgot a sense of humor is not allowed on the trail cond page!!
ZLR 800 EFI !!
Slowgoer

Postby RENEGADE13 » December 7th, 2003, 3:11 am

Oh you were being sarcastic eh? My bad.
RENEGADE13

Postby Arctic Man F6 » December 8th, 2003, 8:21 am

Today was a beautiful day, sun was shining it was great. The snow started to settle just a bit. We do need more snow to ride. The forecast is calling for upper 30s for Wednesday and Thursday with some mix rain and snow, before changing back to all snow, with the possibility of another nor' easter Sunday into Monday..will see.. keep our fingers crossed...I'll keep ya updated as conditions may change. drive safe THINK SNOW!
Arctic Man F6

Postby Arctic Man F6 » December 9th, 2003, 8:59 am

brrr...when i woke up this morning it read about 8. the trails have anywhere from 6-10" on them. Tonight threw wednesday night the area may see some frezzing rain. Thursday threw saturday we will be seeing some snow. a couple inches possible. the rain may not be that much of a problem, it will help build us a nice base to last the winter. we need some more snow. I will update as the weather changes for those of you that are thinking of coming up for the weekend i'll keep ya posted. have a nice day!
Arctic Man F6

Postby wenzel » December 9th, 2003, 2:44 pm

A couple of my buddies and I are going to Tug Hill in New York.....could anyone recommend a good place to stay and give us some accurate snow conditions. We're thinking about coming in the next couple of weeks. What county is Tug Hill in?? about how far from Pittsburgh Pa is Tug Hill?? Thank you very much!!
wenzel

Next

Return to Trail Conditions