Subscribe Today

Ohio Connection/Tug Hill

Use this board to post trail reports in your area only!

Ohio Connection/Tug Hill

Postby zr800newyork » January 13th, 2006, 4:23 am

Came over here to separate the reporting and your updates...didn't see your e-mail or way to private you.

sooooooo.......the Yamaha is on the fritz....way up there!

in the middle of no where, fix it by phone, doesn't sound good...
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

Ohio Connection/Tug Hill

Postby peytonlee » January 13th, 2006, 9:49 am

Its all ball bearings now!!

Good Luck let me know how he made out

Lee
peytonlee

Ohio Connection/Tug Hill

Postby hdl2r » January 14th, 2006, 4:34 am

TS and Lee,Chris called me last night.Said he talk to Phil.One of his 3 cylinders was running 25 degrees hotter.Had it at a yammie dealer yesterday.Not sure what they did,but got him back on the snow.His buddys road to a hotel 180 miles away.Phil had to ride it his self last night.Leaving some time after having his sled fixed after dark.NO way.Wouldnt have done it my self.They where all doing a back pack trip.Phil got 30 miles from with in the hotel.Sled overheating again.Lucky for him,found a house near by.Nocked on the door,talk to a guy that invited him in to warm up and gave him a cup of coffee.Then offerd to put the sled in the back of his truck and drive Phil up to the hotel his buddys where at.I'd say Phil lucked out finding a house in the middle of no where and then having a person there that would help him out like that.Sounds to much like deliverence country for me to take the chance riding that far by my self.We all know I'd problly get lost! ha ha Phil said it was raining most of the afternoon yesterday too.Said was soaked to the bone.Plenty of snow tho.Phil,Chris,and I are planning to go back up to north bay canada for the first week of feb.I dont know now what he was planning to do to get his sled back to there starting point.Hope he can figure it out.TS,hows the hill holding up.We going to have snow there next weekend?
hdl2r

Ohio Connection/Tug Hill

Postby peytonlee » January 14th, 2006, 8:15 am

Hey Doug, Phil, Chris:

Tell Phill sorry to hear that...If he needs he can ride my 007 Rev when I come up either 20th or 28th weekend let me know how he makes out....

Snowing now (3:00 pm) on the hill...however last night put a hutin on the snow...they were forcasting 2-4 inches and higher amounts in upper elevations BUT it doesn't look like they are going to get more than a couple

Let me know how Phil makes out and if he needs a sled to ride

Lee
peytonlee

Ohio Connection/Tug Hill

Postby hdl2r » January 16th, 2006, 10:22 am

Lee,From what I heard.Phil managed to put in at least a day with out his sled overheating till later in the evening.Havn't talk to him yet since been home.
TS.........We going to have any snow to ride on this coming weekend?
hdl2r

Ohio Connection/Tug Hill

Postby yammisrule2004 » January 17th, 2006, 1:08 pm

Whatz up boyz,

I am back and doing well.

Dropped in Bancroft, ONT and saddle bagged it up to Pembrook...Approximaely 150 mile ride. Doesn't sound to far does it. Well, try sittin in my seat. What a night!!!!

It's true my sled overheated 5 minutes into my ride on the very first day and five minutes after forking out $200.00 for a canadian trail pass.

Told all 6 guys to go without me. I didn't want to ruin their weekend...8 hour drive! I would figure out how to meet up with them later. Nursed my sled back to the trailers and hauled it to a local POO dealer no less.LOL!! The owner looked it over and measured the cylinder temps and found one cylinder to be 25 degrees hotter than the other two. Said he could get it in an hour. Ya right try 4 hours later. Decided to richin it up to the next jet size. Ended up taking for a 15 minute ride after and everything looked to be in order. Paid my $60.00 and decided to make the trip alone. This was at 3:15pm keep in mind the others left at 10:00am. No way to catch up with them on the trail, so it was all or nothing. Not to mention the lady at the dealership thought I was crazy for making this trip at this time a day alone. The lady back at the hotel desk after dropping the keys to the truck off to her actually gave me her home phone and cell phone...just in case...She couldn't believe I was going to make the run that late in the day.

Long and short of it is I rode for about 3.5 hours until the idiot light came back on. During this time it rained on me, got dark on me and rode with no map at the end only trail signs. To boot my saddle bag rivit broke off my sled and had to ride sitting on it. Did allot of praying and soul searching the last hour to hour and a half.

Ended up running into a couple of ice fisherman loading their truck up at about 7:00pm. They said and I quote "what the **** are you doing out here at night eh"...They laughed and said I still had 40-50 miles to Pembrook and all of it was back in the bush. I told **** I just came 100 miles 50 nothing, which way to the trail. They told me to folow them and they would stop and let me know when to take a left back on the trail. Let me add it's still raining and I am road riding on a completely bare road and it's been 38 - 40 degrees all day. As I was following them that's when it happened again...on came my light. Ended turing around and finding house with a light on. Nice gentleman came to the door in a robe and invited me in..said not to worry I am not the only one who has knocked on his door...He and his wife drove me down to Pembrook and dropped me off at the hotel.

Saturday morning was freezing "below zero" and white out conditions doubled back up to my sled on the back of a new ZR 900. Ended up getting it and it ran fine all day. The problem ends being that the warm temps and lack of snow along with a very important detail that my new M-10's geometry doesn't throw eneough snow on the rear exchanger. But, my pipes and clutch don't help stay cool either.

Tough decision but I am taking off my pipes and larger clutch kit and going back to stock exhaust with my trail kit clutch. Git to get it back tro stock to sell either this year or next. Anyone in the market for Yammi Triple Pipes and clutch kit let me know....Probably throw them on Ebay!

But, the moral behind the story never never never ride alone in Canada or anywhere for that matter. Especially remote areas...Just to give you an idea of how remote this area is. The guys house who I stopped by took him 2.5 years to get a phone installed
yammisrule2004

Ohio Connection/Tug Hill

Postby hdl2r » January 18th, 2006, 11:12 am

TS...Where you at? Doesn't look good for this coming weekend.Whats the latest report?
hdl2r

Ohio Connection/Tug Hill

Postby hdl2r » January 20th, 2006, 3:04 am

Lee,Just to let you know.Chris,Phil,and I are not coming up this weekend. Probably wont be up weekend of the 28th either.We are leaving for canada on Feb.2nd This weather has been terrible.Looking like we will be lucky this season if we get another 6 weeks to ride.
hdl2r

Ohio Connection/Tug Hill

Postby peytonlee » January 22nd, 2006, 4:46 am

Whats up Ohio:

Went up to the hill on Friday. Dropped off at Montague at about 2:30 pm and rode down Rector to Rowsam to Carey, Grave down to Houseville to Number 9 to the truck trail to the Sportsman. Not great but not bad. Went back North/South to the rail bed by the resavoir (very good)...zipped up to Barnes Corners (fair but thin) back to Montague and played around Flat Rock Road...total 100 miles....then went into Montague at 9:30 pm and closed the place...

Woke up to heavy rain (coming down sideways)....loaded up and came back to Virginia. The hill is shot for now...but I'm sure they'll get a blast soon.

We are going up on the February 10th weekend...mayne you guyys can make it...let me know....the week starting from the 25th I'll be on a cruise with Mike and our wives.
peytonlee

Ohio Connection/Tug Hill

Postby zr800newyork » January 25th, 2006, 4:58 am

Lee, have fun cruisin' the islands.

Ohio - this weekend looks like a winner.....see my Tug Hill report.

Good talking to your yesterday Phil....this weekend looks good for me!
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

Next

Return to Trail Conditions