Subscribe Today

Tug Hill According to TS....Monday 12/2 6pm

Use this board to post trail reports in your area only!

Postby zr800newyork » October 27th, 2006, 10:08 pm

I try to keep trail conditions here... but your posts has me concerned.. New manageent of snow ridge will be positive... potential for a whole new attitude and races in the future ..Towpath new owners are connected with the ridge and good peoplde the past is the past!

Marty Majecko is a class guy and has always done his best with his cafe and rooms nearby.. all reasonable prices etc.

YOur blanket remark slaps of sterotypes.. half are jerkd and people getting killed... look at the number an dplease don't exaggerate... always some undiserable riders when I'm in the Up or northern woods of wisc or ontario canada.. and plenty of quality people too.

I'd rather not stir up a discussion with generalizations and sterotypes ... that's trasher board material with "humor" intended.
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

Postby peytonlee » October 28th, 2006, 11:57 am

TS:

I like reading your posts and can verify YOU KNOW SOME GREAT TRAILS but come on, you write... "I try to keep trail conditions here..." These are just (7) of your comments from THIS POST ALONE!! ALL have nothing to do about trail conditions. You have lots of posts but out of the 16K viewed and commemted on are 90% NOT on trail conditions.

(1) I'm close to Williamstown myself....most of the time now..... Hayloft a few miles away...

(2) Just heard today the "ski resort" called snow ridge in Turin..has changed hands and will be come SLED friendly...new owners connected to the TOWPATH INN ... and the trail system in the area for grooming has changed hands too.....ALL POSITIVE!!!!!!
pOSSIBLE sno-x locations and the like more info coming!

(3) there will be a NEW club replacing the "flat track" club that groomed out of Constableville... potential for an excellent snowmobile friendly location at Snow Ridge Ski Resort in Turin........FINALLY

(4) MORE off season rumors.......The best spot in "houseville" Marty's is closing for sale etc. shame a top spot for many years...

(5) Glad to hear from you..........50 acres wow.........sounds like yo uhave some plans, let me know...I've been a regular on the hill and a Crofoots for yrs.

(6) I've lived in 3 or 4 places last couple of years and if you think my reports lack accuracy or creditablity where ever the hell I live don't read them... and the 16,000 that viewed them can read yours, if you want to spend the time and effort. BTW this isn't the trash board...take your "lol"S" over there.
"if you think my reports lack accuracy or creditablity where ever the hell I live" don't read them and save your insults calling me a "joke"...take it to the treasher board you're on the wrong forum... I won't give you more fuel to insult me or yourself... Like I said the 16,000 views serve a purpose for some people and if not you... so be it. Done "talking"...don't need your to reply to your criticism/complaints/or whatever isues you have?

(7) I try to keep trail conditions here... but your posts has me concerned.. New manageent of snow ridge will be positive... potential for a whole new attitude and races in the future ..Towpath new owners are connected with the ridge and good peoplde the past is the past!

Marty Majecko is a class guy and has always done his best with his cafe and rooms nearby.. all reasonable prices etc.

YOur blanket remark slaps of sterotypes.. half are jerkd and people getting killed... look at the number an dplease don't exaggerate... always some undiserable riders when I'm in the Up or northern woods of wisc or ontario canada.. and plenty of quality people too.

I'd rather not stir up a discussion with generalizations and sterotypes ... that's trasher board material with "humor" intended.
peytonlee

Postby zr800newyork » October 28th, 2006, 1:04 pm

thanks for the feed back Lee...... it is off season and Tug HIll according to TS is my thread....... not trashing is my point, and apparently it works for "some" people... I've spent around 5 years totaling snowfall, temps, grooming reports and club news... so maybe I'll just retire......
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
zr800newyork

Postby ACZL » October 29th, 2006, 2:32 am

Hey TS,

Keep up the GREAT WORK. It seems like all these other so called "trail experts" who either live close to the hill or far away have nothing else to do except point fingers at others for THEY can't even report the going ons accurately as you can.

For the record folks, TS wherever he may choose to live still has many reliable contacts, sources, and friends on the hill and his info is second to none. Other trail reports are based on feedback from clubs. Plus some riders that choose to report on conditions seem to post them under TS's post and probly are the same riders going like a bat outta H#$% in the first place.

TS covers the full gammut of conditions for ALL types of riders. NOT EVERYONE IS BALLS THE WALL RIDERS. Sledding is a family sport and the faster types should learn to just sit back, relax and pass when safe to do so.

Seems that this thread is getting way off subject due to the ignorance of some. You STILL get my vote TS !!!

ACZL
2003 F250 SD,CC,4x4,SB,AT,Lariat,6.0PSD
2006 Cedar Creek Silverback 33 LBHTS "Custom":)
Member of The Cedar Creek RV Club
"Creekin' in the Summer"
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
ACZL

Postby peytonlee » October 29th, 2006, 5:02 am

Hey TS:

I said I like reading your posts...trail reports and all!!! I hope you didn't take it the wrong way...hope to see you this year!!
peytonlee

Postby crofoot50 » October 30th, 2006, 1:37 pm

Hey TS
Keep up the good work and don't lets these guys get to you. we all enjoy reading your detailed reports so keep up the good work!

P.S. We got 5 and a half inches of wet snow yesterday in C-Ville and it is all melting with todays sunshine and warmer temps ... Too bad it fell on very wet muddy ground from the previous days heavy rains
crofoot50

Postby Drift_Hopper » November 3rd, 2006, 1:34 am

As posted on the third page of this thread, posting for a friend. And even though this is a "trail condition" forum, this discussion this has merit to the topic.....

Drifthopper, if you want to send this on...

My comments weren't really meant to trash-talk....my biggest concern is that in recent years it seems that there are more and more irresponsible riders up at the 'Hill', especially on weekends... to the level that I prefer to take a trip up there during weekdays to avoid them...

I'm not saying that the majority of them are this way, it just seems that in my experience (I've been going there every year for about 15 years or so) the proportion of these types to the rest of us is higher...

One example is of certain people ( and I know they're from out-of state- heard them talking) passing others at a high rate of speed on the outside of a turn when you can't see what's coming from the opposite direction...to the point where people have to swerve and slam on their brakes to avoid a head-on collision. I see this it seems like every year, usually leaving the Talbot's Corners area...

I was leading another time thru the woods leaving Cedar Pines ( the trails are narrower and winding as I'm sure you know) when I saw a rider approaching a 90 degree turn from the opposite direction right before I reached the turn myself, so i moved over as far as i could and stopped, but he still managed to slide into my side...he was just going too fast...

I'm sure that problems like these at the 'Hill' are on the rise due to the increased popularity of the sport and the increased popularity of riding at the 'Hill' (many times it's the only place that has snow). I know some of the same problems occur everywhere else you ride also.

When i saw that the snow ridge and Towpath Inn area was going to become more "sled friendly", I had visions of it becoming more of a party area, which I wouldn't want to see...I wouldn't mind seeing the bar at the Towpath staying open longer and becoming a little larger though...:-)

Maphead
Support Your Local Club!
www.drifthoppers.net
Tri-County Drift Hoppers
Snowmobile Club
Arcade, New York
Drift_Hopper

Postby ACZL » November 9th, 2006, 9:48 pm

Hey TS,

Got to thinking tonight about a couple trail questions for you.

1. Is the trail from C-ville south to Boonville still closed and have to go up onto the hill to Barrows to get to B-ville??

2. Is the trail from Marty's (once you start back up the road) going south to get to Brantingham still closed as well? Or do you have to up on top head towards Timberview and then back down?

Thanks.

ACZL

PS: Any other trails closed off on the hill?
2003 F250 SD,CC,4x4,SB,AT,Lariat,6.0PSD
2006 Cedar Creek Silverback 33 LBHTS "Custom":)
Member of The Cedar Creek RV Club
"Creekin' in the Summer"
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
ACZL

Postby zr800newyork » November 14th, 2006, 12:41 pm

Let you know....... shortly

Imagine this first showmobile death....... Edmonton, Canada a couple days ago..
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
zr800newyork

Postby crofoot50 » November 17th, 2006, 3:28 am

Had a Blast 11/4 in C-ville. We had 7 inches when we arrived and it snowed on and off all day while sledding....The sounds of other die hards were heard and even some seen riding the fields. The snow was almost all gone Sunday night but the kids had a blast! THINK SNOW it wont be long now
crofoot50

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions