Subscribe Today

Tug Hill According to TS....Monday 12/2 6pm

Use this board to post trail reports in your area only!

Postby zr800newyork » January 29th, 2007, 5:26 am

Two youngsters riding without "certification" tangled with a van and fortunately no serious injuries... near Rutland? [b]LET'S BE CAREFUL...[/b]
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

Postby zr800newyork » January 30th, 2007, 3:14 am

[b]Tues morning.... low last night on the hill of -13 and only a tace on new snow unlike Hannibal , NY with 30" and the band that never reached tug hill.[/b]

.2 of an inch in himarket :(

lake effect watch for 3-8" tonight/Wed. we'll see?

temps staying cold 17/6 and 19/12 and 24/15 next three days hi/lows.

.5 inch of snow last night in Boonville for the 12" ice base on the oval track for this weekend races :)
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
zr800newyork

Postby zr800newyork » January 30th, 2007, 4:21 pm

[b]next 24 hours calling for 1-2 feet of lake effect hitting.. Bsrnes Cornors, Redfield, Sandy Creek, Turin, HiMarket,in short all over the "HILL" :)[/b]
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
zr800newyork

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » January 31st, 2007, 3:43 am

For those of you who dont know i live in Hannibal Ny that 30" of snow that we got well add another foot and a half to it because since that 30" on monday we picked up another 10" yesteray morning and another 8-10" this morning HOLY HELL do we have some snow. With work and all i have yet to make it out on the sled and from what i have seen not many have been out either but i sure as hell will be out this weekend. Winter for sure has arrived here and WOW did it arrive LOL.
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

Postby zr800newyork » January 31st, 2007, 4:29 am

No one has forgotten you Jason... you put Hannibal on map...

new 2" last night on high market... 6-10" expected in Oneida county and there snow festival and races and fireworks fridy night...

Still undetermined what Tug Hill will get in the next 24 hours... hearing from 12-18 inches the band is narrow... schools closing this morning from Sandy Creek to Lowville from west to east and maybe the band is 5-10 miles wide coming off lake Ontario...from north to south
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
zr800newyork

Postby crofoot50 » February 2nd, 2007, 5:55 am

Whats up by FLat Rock I hear everybody chirping the trails are not getting groomed lots of snow and riders but no groomers What Gives?? Anybody been riding in the last couple days??
crofoot50

Postby zr800newyork » February 2nd, 2007, 9:13 am

New snow.... HI Market Friday morning has 17" on ground...now!
more lake effect tonight....thru saturday 3-6 tonight and Sat. maybe a foot !!!
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
zr800newyork

Postby ACZL » February 3rd, 2007, 12:39 am

OWWWWW!!!!! $3.50-4.00 per gallon for gas on the hill !!!! Price per gallon off the hill is averaging 2.25-2.50. Was told that establishments are trying to make up for lost revenue due to lack of snow . This is an outrage and all out rip off.
2003 F250 SD,CC,4x4,SB,AT,Lariat,6.0PSD
2006 Cedar Creek Silverback 33 LBHTS "Custom":)
Member of The Cedar Creek RV Club
"Creekin' in the Summer"
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
ACZL

Postby dragracer266 » February 5th, 2007, 12:45 am

We got up there LATE friday night and went out for a ride after some sled maintenance. We heading up the hill at Quik n Eazy and headed out to plummer road. Rough at best. We came up on Turin Ridge Riders groomer backing out the trail. There were two guys watching the left track on the machine. Torn the track. At this point it was snowing like an SOB. We made it back to the house in Cville around 2am..........I've never seen it snow that hard before in my life. Saturday we headed back up on the hill around 9 am ......horrible at best......came to the spot of the groomer breakdown.......hm, groomer still there. Put 100 miles on. Past Plummer road was great. Came back, past the groomer......still there.......covered in snow. Sunday.......headed back up............hey look.......groomer still there.
Look, I am not one to complain......I didn't whine when the fees went up because I THOUGHT it would go to good use. Sorry, but when a trail sits for three days, with no attemt to fix, thats when I get mad. I know its a breakdown, I know they can't snap there fingers and fix it, but if they want peaple to stop ranting and raving.....at least make an attempt to hide the thing or get it back to the shop. I would guess, they have a little extra funding around since they really didn't have to groom for almost 2 months out of the season........all I am saying, is that if you want people to keep quiet, be a little smarted about things. Gave the hill a bad rep this weekend.
dragracer266

Postby zr800newyork » February 5th, 2007, 3:28 am

[b]MOnday 10:30am 2/5[/b]

I won't spend too much time defending the remarks about one of many
groomers being down..."Give me a break" they get money for groomning not because they haven't had snow to groom and sat parked" for any reason... Does anyone think those VOLUNTEERS don't want to get it done

Back to trail reporting:

[b]hi market received 10.5 inches by this morning... total on the ground 28" about the most on the hill. Year to date: 132"[/b]

Winds blowing 20-25 MPH will cause mean drifts and white outs. Even I-81 was closed this morning south of watertown above lewis county.
Over 48 school closed shows this lake effect is a nice wide band.

Barnes Cornors and Flat Rock have 15-25 inches and crossing over to Brantingham you'll find about half of the Hi Market totals.

Today another 6" and total again 6-8" Lewis county is calling for maybe 1-2feet in the next day or two.

The Saturday night under the light hill drags at SNOW RIDGE in Turin drew hundreds of sleds and easily over a thousand spectators. The joining of a ski resort and sleds is FANTASTIC... having been rasied 2 miles from the place and working there during high school..its a hell of an improvement and the folks connected at Tow Path Lodge should be patted on the back..take some biz their way folks...
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
zr800newyork

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions