Subscribe Today

tnt silver bullet

The name says is all. Got an older sled? Restoring a sled? Discuss your project with other collectors here.

tnt silver bullet

Postby kawicat » March 13th, 2002, 8:24 am

i picked up a 73 silver bullet. it is the little 295 one, but it doesn't have carbs on it. can anyone tell me if the dual carb set-up needs a "special" set of carbs?

how did these engines do oval racing?

*This Message was edited on 20-Mar-02 08:35 AM by kawicat*
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

tnt silver bullet

Postby perkie » March 17th, 2002, 12:08 pm

i had one a long time ago i think it had 2 tillitsons.it was abear to start because it flooded if you looked at it wrong.but if you ever got it started it went like crazy.i think there was nothing unusal about the carbs.
perkie

tnt silver bullet

Postby KneeDeepInSnow » March 18th, 2002, 6:33 am

hey this other tnt 250 is a friggin bear floods if you do the slightest thing off its such an ass but it revs and runs like crazy if you get it going maybe i just need to adjust the fuel actuator lever in the carb...?
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/KDX250/SDbrbr.jpg[/IMG]
[b][i][blue]DAYS GET SHORTER, SNOW GETS DEEPER, LIFE GETS BETTER[/blue][/i][/b]
KneeDeepInSnow

tnt silver bullet

Postby mx6 » March 23rd, 2002, 11:46 pm

Had a 292 or was it 294 and a 440. Nothing special about the carbs., just tillys. We neever had a problem starting it or it being flooded. I raced the 292 in junior ovals and killed the farm kids. I really enjoyed that sled. It was one of the first stock sleds with carbide runners.
Stewart Selid
mx6

tnt silver bullet

Postby shewelt » April 6th, 2002, 3:07 pm

It does have 2 Tilly's. I own a 294 myself. Faster than even the 440 Silver Bullet offered in 1973. That 294 just rev's & rev's & will easily run 70 mph on the hard stuff. Flooding is a problem until warm, always was. I have also seen the conversion to single carb with manifold. I hear flooding is reduced, probably along with performance. The trade-off depends on your preference. If you look at the line-up offered by Ski-Doo into 73, you will notice only the hi-performance sleds had 2 carbs...TN'T Free-Airs & Blizzards...oh yes & the 294 TN'T!
shewelt

Return to Vintage Sleds Board