Subscribe Today

mod questions

The name says is all. Got an older sled? Restoring a sled? Discuss your project with other collectors here.

mod questions

Postby jag4000rider » June 12th, 2006, 7:48 am

im in the process of a pretty radicle modded grass racer. Im usin an 81 jag chassis and a 78 eltigre engine with a t-3 garrett turbo sittin on the side. Now with the mixtures for the turbo, should i make it richer or leaner, or just run it slow and make adjustments as i go, the engine is getting ported and im putting larger carbs on it too. any tips?

Rob
GIT-R-DONE and go fast

sleds
1969 371 nordic
1970 nordic 399
1971 300 olympique
76 jag 3000 f/a
81 arctic cat Jag 4000
(in progress)81 jag 4000 chassis turbo 440 eltigre 6000 series engine, pics soon
95 XCR 600
jag4000rider

mod questions

Postby ZR800XC » June 12th, 2006, 10:43 am

Get it running good without the turbo on it first. This will give you a good baseline. When you build your pressurized intake box that mounts to the carbs, you're going to have to vent the carb float bowls into this box. This way, as the pressure in the carb venturi increases, the float bowl pressure will increase at that exact same rate and your jetting should be close. You will have to jet up from non turbo jetting, as the combustion pressures will be higher and more oxygen will be present. I would start out at a low boost and tune, increase boost and tune again....and so on. I do know not venting your float bowls into the the boost box will cause the fuel to be blown right down the jet circuit and your engine will simply not run. I don't know how much boost you plan on running, but I know you should notice gains in the 5-8lbs. range. Let us know how it runs, this should be cool!

[img]http://my.core.com/~twister76/twister1.jpg">[/img]

ZR800XC

Return to Vintage Sleds Board