Subscribe Today

03 Snopro problems

The name says is all. Got an older sled? Restoring a sled? Discuss your project with other collectors here.

03 Snopro problems

Postby Spuds » August 28th, 2006, 3:58 pm

Well I want to put a rotax on an airplane frame. Will this engine be able to turn a prop good???? Were talking an ultralight here.
Keepin the flipper wicked since 1978
Spuds

03 Snopro problems

Postby Bar It! » August 30th, 2006, 11:30 pm

Spuds, stick with the Rotax ultralight aircraft engines. Or, better yet, find an HKS-700 4-stroke ultralight engine.

I wouldn't frig around trying to mod a sled engine for use in an airplane. Not like you can pull to the side of the trail when the engine shizzes itself.......
Give us this day our daily braaaaaaaap!
Bar It!

03 Snopro problems

Postby ZR800XC » August 31st, 2006, 2:55 pm

alot of guys use 503 Rotax engines...521s are sought after by ultralight guys too...Even make 4 plug heads for them like the old 78 S/M Ski Doos. As long as it had provisions for the gearbox, your set! You're not gonna want to use snowmobile carbs....I'd check into getting the right carbs. Even heard of guys using old F/A Kawi's 'cause they have the provisional cases and the Dual CD ignition!?!?!?... I'll stay on the ground before I trust an old El Tigre or Blizzard engine!!!!!!

[img]http://my.core.com/~twister76/twister1.jpg">[/img]

ZR800XC

03 Snopro problems

Postby Snojet Steve » September 12th, 2006, 5:06 am

Dad got a V6 Ford Contour motor in his 17 foot Hovercraft, it's light and has great power+economy at cruising speed. Frig, you asked for pictures of that thing and my hydro over a year ago, Spuds. I'll get to work on getting some flicks of these funky toys.
Snojet Steve

Return to Vintage Sleds Board