Subscribe Today

Mach 1 Gas Gauge

If you're looking for advice or if you have a tuning tip for your fellow snowmobilers, this is the board for you.

Mach 1 Gas Gauge

Postby thetinman » February 6th, 2006, 3:41 pm

My 97 Mach 1's gas gauge doesn't work! Any one know how to test the sensor and gauge.
Don't Know....Don't Care
thetinman

Mach 1 Gas Gauge

Postby 97Mach1 » February 7th, 2006, 3:35 am

Odds are it's the tank sensor. I have had 2 of them go bad on my 97 Mach 1 since I bought it. Also, check the wires that run under your seat. Every F-2000 chassis sled I have seen, the wires run under that piece of aluminum that holds the tank down, it rubs through the wire causing the gauge to stop working.

Also, there's a fuse under there, so check to see if the fuse is still good. (why Doo went with a non-standard size fuse there, I will never know. Although I have never blown one yet...)

You can test the tank level sensor by taking gas cap off, then use a coat hanger to move the lever in the tank up and down. Should be near 0 ohms when it's full, and 110 ohms when it's empty. It works best to test when it's almost empty.
[i]08 MXZ Renegade XP 800R[/i]
[b]There's Nothing Like It![/b]
97Mach1

Mach 1 Gas Gauge

Postby thetinman » February 7th, 2006, 11:05 pm

97 Mach 1 Thanks for the info, will check it out. Just bought this sled on Sat. and this is the only thing that I could find wrong with it.
Don't Know....Don't Care
thetinman

Mach 1 Gas Gauge

Postby ZR800XC » February 11th, 2006, 11:31 am

I had problems with the temp and gas guage on my 97 Mach 1 and it was the wiring harness under the engine. Alot of 97 Mach 1s had electrical issues...

[img]http://my.core.com/~twister76/twister1.jpg">[/img]

ZR800XC

Return to Tech Talk