Subscribe Today

Portage County Ice Wars

Portage County Ice Wars

Postby PC ICEWARS » December 20th, 2010, 4:58 am

Well it's almost that time first of all we would like to congradulate Rock Rapids on a successful race. But enough about the past we have been dumping water like mad men and have hit the magic number we still have a bunch of cowboys that cant stop so I guess we are going to keep going this week until we get some snow to cover it up until race day. We are proud to announce we have partnered up with Arby's Corporation as our presenting sponsor so we will add more to our world renown food stand with roast beef this year. Also we have a unique event sponsor which we feel fits well with the race and they are www.crashedtoys.com. Both sponsors are stepping up to the plate with some added cash Arby's will be putting $500.00 winner takes all on the 600 open and crashedtoys.com will be putting $250.00 on what we are going to call hard luck of the weekend, lets give both sponsors a big thanks race weekend. We are looking forward to having all the racers and spectators to small town Amherst if any one has needs or wants feel free to contact us there is contact info at our website ww[url=www.portagecountyicewars.com]www.portagecountyicewars.com[/url]
PC ICEWARS

Portage County Ice Wars

Postby watcher » December 20th, 2010, 5:39 am

you are one of the Best out there putting on a great race :)

watcher
watcher

Portage County Ice Wars

Postby 1p48 » December 20th, 2010, 9:53 am

i second that terry!!!!! great job guys!!!!!! i had to edit my post once i seen the track on the web sight... that looks fantastic!!!!!!!! super job guys... should have a huge turnout this year and dont forget its round two of the tlr cup so it should be nail biting action to say the least all weekend long!!!!!!!!!.. again, great job!!!!!!!!
1p48

Portage County Ice Wars

Postby PC ICEWARS » December 23rd, 2010, 9:49 am

We were furtunate enought to talk Todd A from Eagle River into letting us use his ice shaver for our weekend hope this will keep the track in better shape and safer for good racing. Getting close so get ready.
PC ICEWARS

Portage County Ice Wars

Postby mbenoy119 » December 23rd, 2010, 10:12 am

The track looks great guys, I am looking forward to the event! If there is anything I can do to help, don't be afraid to ask

Mike Benoy
mbenoy119

Portage County Ice Wars

Postby PC ICEWARS » December 29th, 2010, 7:59 am

Looking at the weather forcast we have decided to go on with our plans to run test and tune on Friday we will all be on standby for Friday morning to put down the bales as fast as we can. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

PC Ice Wars
PC ICEWARS

Portage County Ice Wars

Postby Older & Wiser » December 29th, 2010, 11:46 am

[img]http://www.derbytrack.com/images/rar_logo_reg_landing.png[/img]

We will be there with the Rent a Ride Driver Development program. We will be testing on Friday and have space available for any walk ins.

We are fired up! Great job guy's

Todd Achterberg
Older & Wiser
Older & Wiser

Portage County Ice Wars

Postby Fontaine Racing » December 30th, 2010, 8:52 am

whats the weather doing over that way?
been raining like a bugger all day over here.
thanks Doug
Fontaine Racing

Portage County Ice Wars

Postby bub37 » December 30th, 2010, 9:11 am

Hey Doug,
we drove down yesterday and got here around 6:30pm, Highways were awsome all the way.
Today, got up to rain off and on so far and very thick fog cover, 36 degrees, suppost to start cooling down, the weather channel here is forcasting 20 for Sat. and 14 for Sun.
Track looked in real nice shape this morning.

Barry@MPH
bub37

Portage County Ice Wars

Postby watcher » December 30th, 2010, 1:00 pm

it looks like the weather gods won the race on Friday :( But Saturday and Sunday THE GREAT AND FAMOUS OVAL RACERS ARE GOING TO WIN! :)

Happy New Year

WATCHER
watcher

Return to Ovals & Enduros