Subscribe Today

PC Ice Wars Test and Tune

Postby PC ICEWARS » January 2nd, 2013, 2:52 am

Well, the track has come together great as a group we have decided to have test and tune on Friday it will start at 3 o'clock the cost will be $20 a sled. We will detirmine how late to run it by the amount of entries. See everyone in a couple of days.
Kyle
PC ICEWARS

Postby snopro62 » January 2nd, 2013, 1:41 pm

I have raced for many years and I kind of know what I am talking about .... You can do what you want but as a racer The way friday practices go I realy wish all the tracks would never cone off the inside of the new fresh race track ...Let us use the whole race surface ...because of the grove that is made during a (coned off friday) event causes a big bump going into turn 1 and turn 3 after the cones are taken away.. So if you then cone off the bumps during the weekend we would have move of a even racing surface....Thank You Mark Anderson #62
snopro62

Postby fastcat57 » January 2nd, 2013, 6:16 pm

Mark we will be moving bales out. We will be watching for a grove if one starts we will move bales. We may move them several times..Thank you for your concern. Steve .long time track builder and racer
fastcat57

Postby old motorman » January 3rd, 2013, 2:06 am

Is there any gas stations in town that have legal fuel? thanks
old motorman

Postby mbenoy119 » January 3rd, 2013, 4:38 am

I think the point that Mark is trying to make is a valid one and you are missing it. What he is saying is that by moving the track out a groove for testing, then moving it back in for racing the next day leaves a bad bump. You would be better to leave the very bottom groove open to test, then move the bales out a groove on race day. Just my .02

That way, you only really hurt the very bottom groove. If you move out continually during testing, you hurt more of the bottom 1/3 of the track.
mbenoy119

Postby fastcat57 » January 3rd, 2013, 7:25 am

Yes mike I know what he is saying.
fastcat57

Return to Ovals & Enduros