Subscribe Today

Four stroke trashing..why ???

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby MM700 » January 10th, 2002, 12:34 am

Captain I think you are a complete idiot....I am not buying into anything I don't expect....You said they could make a two stroke scream...what a stupid thing to say...what hell do you think an srx does???? I have seen 800's having all kinds of problems with srx's the last 4 years. BTW, have you ridden a Viper yet???? They are an awesome big bump sled, just not a snow cross sled....you guys are the ones who made up the hype crap on that...it was ment to be an agressive TRAIL SLED...which it is and is very good at...it is one of the most balanced rides on the market and very easy to drive...my little 5 ft tall wife can drive a Viper and enjoy it as much as I do....they cover the market very well....don't judge something you know nothing about....and I can tell by your comments..you don't....If you don't like Yami's stick with the crap you currently ride...it won't hurt my feelings, when you need a tow someday....you can't beat their reliability...and you know it...that's more important to me than high speed on public trails.
MM700

Postby straycat » January 10th, 2002, 1:01 am

Well all and all I think the new four strokes will surprise you. The reson cats doesn't is because it is not supposed to. It was marked in a touring sled and towrd THAT market. I mean come on, How many people do you see tricking out a touring sled? They are ment to go the speed limit, be comfortable, and get good fuel mileage.
With todays technoligy I can tell you first hand that we can crank out unreal horse power out of a little four banger. The problem we run into is life span of the engine, and cost. We can build a high output engine that Would last "forever", But it would cost to much to get people to buy it. So with that being said, I hope that yahmaha does bring out a HI.PO.4. It will brake the market and get people used to the idea of it. And hopefully change the minds of all the die hard, dinosaur, 2 stroke, junkys.
Till the speed overcomes the fear of death!

Long live the cat!
straycat

Postby Luv2sled » January 10th, 2002, 1:02 am

Captian...you must be new to sledding. All manufacturers make those bulls**t claims. It's been my experiance over the last twenty three years that CAT holds the record. Just keep hyping those Yammies, they are still gaining market share and they have the smallest selection of sleds out there.....Hmmm?
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby Tantrum » January 10th, 2002, 1:20 am

If you guy's are Motocross fans than you are aware of what the four stroke bikes have been doing. I raced MX for a few years back in the day and never would have thought a four stroke would come close. Boy was I surprised. Dont have an opinion on Yamaha sleds but thier YZF400's kick ass.
Tantrum

Postby Captain » January 10th, 2002, 2:58 am

No, I am not new to sledding. Fact is, I have been probably riding sleds almost as long as you two bozos combined. I have been riding for 25 years. Yes, I have ridden a viper (and many other Yamahas for that matter) and it is a fine trail sled, but MM apparently you do not pay much attention to anything that Yamaha tells you which is good. All of their adds for the Viper said "From one bump champ to another". Comparing the viper to their MX bike. Now, the MX bikes have storied pasts in terrain racing, but NONE of their snow machines have.
Fact is, you are either oblivious to the world that goes on around you or are to stupid to realize those claims are false.
Your wife is probably a better fit for that sled anyway. All Yamaha's that I have ridden are too small. I am 6'3" and I am very crowded on the Yamahas. I fit better riding a football than one of those things.
I think the quality of Yamahas is very good, but to say they are the best might be an overstatement. Definitely the quality on the vipers is subpar! Fuel pumps freezing, overheating, etc. Sure all brands have their problems, but you guys sit here and rant and rave about Yamaha fit and finish and I just proved to you that the viper's fit and finish sucks and you get all defensive. You say that WE are the ones who hyped the viper and NOT Yamaha or their faithful and I proved that also not to be the case. So what do you do then you call me an idiot or that I don't have experience in sledding? Funny. In my years I have seen it all. Each company has their brand loyalists, but you guys take the cake. Can't even admit something when it is right in front of your face! Maybe that is why you keep coming back to Yamaha.
I think their new slogan should be "Come on in and grab your ankles, I am sure we will recognize you".
LOL
Captain

Postby Luv2sled » January 10th, 2002, 3:18 am

Captain,Your starting to sound like another Arctic Cat crybaby. Anyway, you guys are the ones hyping the Vipers.......just look at all the past posts, it's all you can talk about. I'm sure it just comes from your frustration with always having to wrench on your cats....I feel for you man, I've been there. Now lighten up a little bit, this is a trash board.....no one means you any disrespect, now go back to you kittie litter box and start hyping the new yammies that aren't even out yet.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby Luv2sled » January 10th, 2002, 3:21 am

Tantrum......try telling that to Psycho sledder, he thinks the four stroke dirt bikes are heavier and slower than their two cycle counterparts.....then he calls us clueless!LOL!!!
Luv2sled

Postby Mainecat » January 10th, 2002, 3:39 am

Hey Cap... lmao on thet grab the ankle thing!!
I read all your posts and I agree with you. I admit like you all sleds are not perfect even Cat but these Yamaha guys are brainwashed! Man they can't even admit that the fit and finish of their Yamaha's is not perfect. You would think Yamaha would have done a superior job building the Viper this year considering they have only 3 models for 02. Remember the Ram air on the Viper hype? Jesus some guys were expecting 5 more hp last spring. 125 hp 4 stroke from Yamaha? I hope they come through but history tells me 80hp will be more like it.
Mainecat

Postby BANDITS SRX » January 10th, 2002, 3:55 am

ArcticED, Viper VS. XC700, SXV 108mph XC 104mph on radar. ZR800 110mph SRX 116.8 on radar. Viper is not over hyped. Trail riding just as good as the ZR or XC.
BANDITS SRX

Postby BANDITS SRX » January 10th, 2002, 3:55 am

ArcticED, Viper VS. XC700, SXV 108mph XC 104mph on radar. ZR800 110mph SRX 116.8 on radar. Viper is not over hyped. Trail riding just as good as the ZR or XC.
BANDITS SRX

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers