Subscribe Today

Need a cure for poor performance?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby drifter7 » January 17th, 2002, 3:09 am

Your cure is available at your local Rx Yamaha sled pharmacy! Here is my take on the new Blue flagship. Yamaha took a great design in front suspension (Cat AWS V) and married it to the newest, most rigid delta box design chassis. 4 strokes were inevitable, and no-one could deny that Yamaha would be the leader in technology, innovation, and performance in the 4 stroke evolution into the snowmobiling industry. The only company in my opinion that has any chance to keep up is Arctic Cat. But, that is very dependent on their engine supplier. Suzuki has their hands full in the bike industry and I do not see much time or money directed to developing and selling motors to Arctic Cat. Ski-doo has shown us their attempt into the 4 stroke market with a low revving V-twin. Better than Cat's and Polaris's current attempt, but not even close to Yamaha. Polaris, well, hahaha, the Victory engine? Ha, to big heavy and slow, wait, that is what their sleds are now. OK, maybe that will work for Polaris! hehehe. Technically, an inline four is the best design for a sled application. It should be an interesting future for snowmobiling, that is for sure. Does anyone remember the Viper? LOL
drifter7

Postby Elk » January 17th, 2002, 3:26 am

"Yamaha would be the leader in technology, innovation, and performance in the 4 stroke evolution into the snowmobiling industry"

It may lead in four stroke performance, but there's nothing technologically advanced or innovative about their new sled. The thing doesn't even have EFI. On the lake, it will be lucky to keep up with the 800 twins and on a trail, it will probably get smoked by 600's.

And with all the hype, I've now decided that I should start calling it the BS-1. Especially with all the dumb ass Yamaha goons on AM Snow saying it will do 138 mph and then calling anybody who disagrees with them homos.

But I hope Yamaha never goes out of business. Because it's entertaining to watch them release one piece of crap after another.
-----------------------------------------------------------
My sled 1995 ZR700 Not my web site but a good one for Mainers:[url]http://www.sledmaine.com/[/url]
Elk

Postby drifter7 » January 17th, 2002, 3:37 am

Let me guess Elk, you have a Polaris. NOW THERE'S CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY! Polaris has a belly button design for sleds, plus what tech have they brought? A premium switch? WOW! BIG DEAL! Why Polaris has the market share today is a mystery. Last in technology, that's Polaris.
drifter7

Postby PolarisIndy » January 17th, 2002, 3:48 am

Dude, if I remember right. Elk is a Cat man....

Your just pissed cause you don't like the RX-1...

*This Message was edited on 17-Jan-02 08:49 AM by PolarisIndy*
PolarisIndy

Postby drifter7 » January 17th, 2002, 4:03 am

Well if he is a Cat man, he should appreciate innovation from a sled company. He sounds like the guys from amsnow. Probably get beat by 600's, Oh boy...
drifter7

Postby zrcat » January 17th, 2002, 4:30 am

Hey, I for one would like to get my hands on that baby!! The fact that it is A-Framed and looks phuckin' great is enough to sell me! Am I gonna buy one?, probably not. But I'm not buying anything for a while anyways, soooooo!
zrcat

Postby - -CHIG- ->>> » January 17th, 2002, 4:53 am

You are correct for now about the four strokes from the other manaufacturers...but I believe that Rotax does supply twin cylinder four strokes to a pretty good Italian motorcycle manufacturer that just happens to have one of the finest sport bikes available on the planet today....ever heard of Aprilia? The question is : Why didn't they use that motor instead of the one that they have? Congrats to Yamaha for raising the bar.
2006 Keystone Outback 29BHS
2006 Dodge 2500HD 4x4 w/some mods
Politically Incorrect And Proud Of It :p
- -CHIG- ->>>

Postby straycat » January 17th, 2002, 5:41 am

I HAVE ONE WORD FOR ALL OF YOU GUYS....HYABUSA! (did I speel that right?)

anyway suzuki has the fastest production sport bike on the market right now. Since Suzuki supplys engines to cat, Wouldn't you think that they would put this tech. to the Cats?
Till the speed overcomes the fear of death!

Long live the cat!
straycat

Postby CatmanZR800 » January 17th, 2002, 6:13 am

I agree with zrcat,

The new Yammy is phuckin' cool looking!!

If I had the money that Drifter has, I'd buy one!

Is it hard to become an overpaid car salesman?

Just wondering.....hehehehehehe!
WARNING! Cats are meat eaters!
CatmanZR800

Postby drifter7 » January 17th, 2002, 7:51 am

There you go. A job for you Catman! Apply in person. No experience required, just alot of BS.....wait, no need to apply, YOUR HIRED! LOL
drifter7

Next

Return to Trash Talkers